Pre-Season consensus

I'll be surprised if we don't see a Ohio State - Wisconsin rematch. With a better showing for Wisconsin.

Should be a smooth transition for Wisconsin.

I don't expect anyone to agree with me here, but I think they're better off with Chryst. Andersen is a good coach, but that was a bad fit.

Actually, this has been said by a lot of people. There was quite a bit of talk last year about Alvarez and Anderson not seeing eye to eye on the direction of the team, mostly offensive philosophy. Which largely explained Anderson's willingness to bail out of Wisconsin, and jump to an iffy situation in Oregon St. Chryst will maintain exactly what has been Wisonsin's identity the last few years, and has been an extremely successful philosphy at that.

I'll be surprised if we don't see a Ohio State - Wisconsin rematch. With a better showing for Wisconsin.

I don't expect anyone to agree with me here, but I think they're better off with Chryst. Andersen is a good coach, but that was a bad fit.

Actually, this has been said by a lot of people. There was quite a bit of talk last year about Alvarez and Anderson not seeing eye to eye on the direction of the team, mostly offensive philosophy. Which largely explained Anderson's willingness to bail out of Wisconsin, and jump to an iffy situation in Oregon St. Chryst will maintain exactly what has been Wisonsin's identity the last few years, and has been an extremely successful philosphy at that.

I think it will benefit them that way, but Chryst underperformed at Pitt. CollegeFootballMatrix.com has a thing called "coacheffect" that takes into account team talent vs performance vs similar teams. Chryst was one of the worst in the country. Whether that was a matter of "fit" is debateable, but I don't know if he's the "home run" some are thinking.

Should be a smooth transition for Wisconsin.I don't expect anyone to agree with me here, but I think they're better off with Chryst. Andersen is a good coach, but that was a bad fit.

I think it will benefit them that way, but Chryst underperformed at Pitt. CollegeFootballMatrix.com has a thing called "coacheffect" that takes into account team talent vs performance vs similar teams. Chryst was one of the worst in the country. Whether that was a matter of "fit" is debateable, but I don't know if he's the "home run" some are thinking.

This I agree with, I don't get the Cryst is a no brainier slam dunk hire. He very well may be Barry Alveraz clone, but he didn't show that at Pitt. He didn't even have a winning record there did he?

Should be a smooth transition for Wisconsin.I don't expect anyone to agree with me here, but I think they're better off with Chryst. Andersen is a good coach, but that was a bad fit.

This I agree with, I don't get the Cryst is a no brainier slam dunk hire. He very well may be Barry Alveraz clone, but he didn't show that at Pitt. He didn't even have a winning record there did he?
Dave Wannstedt didn't get that program moving in the right direction until year 4. Then he had some decent success. Might be reading too much into the 3 year sample size at a place like that.

He won't have to do a complete overhaul at Wisconsin, like he did at Pitt. His offense is already in place.

Bielema and Andersen both left at least in part due to Wisconsin's stingy and non-cooperative admission standards/department. Andersen has always been a west coast guy anyways, so it works good for him.