Went and saw Motley Crue and Alice Cooper last night

Six months ago when I heard that the Crue was going on tour one last time(yeah right I know), I said if they come close to me I would go see them. I have never seen them in concert. Low and behold the next day they are announced for Boise and Alice Cooper is going to be with them.

So last night was the show. Alice Cooper was great, for a guy in his mid to late 60's he still does a great show. Very entertaining I love the theatrics of it.

First I must say I like Motley Crue, but they are not anywhere close to my favorite bands. With that said the show was pretty good. Mick Mars moved around pretty well, they did all the hits. Tommy Lees drums did the Roller Coaster thing, etc. It was not as big a production as the Carnival of Sin tour that I have seen on TV, but sill lots of flames, smoke and loud bangs.

I had heard that Nikki Sixx is a lousy bass player and I would definitely confirm that. Probably half the time he wasn't even play it. He makes Sid Viscous look like a good player. Mars and Lee are good musicians though and Vince Neal still sings about as good as he ever did.

All and all a very enjoyable night. I think I liked Alice best though.

• Fire 1

Six months ago when I heard that the Crue was going on tour one last time(yeah right I know), I said if they come close to me I would go see them. I have never seen them in concert. Low and behold the next day they are announced for Boise and Alice Cooper is going to be with them.

So last night was the show. Alice Cooper was great, for a guy in his mid to late 60's he still does a great show. Very entertaining I love the theatrics of it.

First I must say I like Motley Crue, but they are not anywhere close to my favorite bands. With that said the show was pretty good. Mick Mars moved around pretty well, they did all the hits. Tommy Lees drums did the Roller Coaster thing, etc. It was not as big a production as the Carnival of Sin tour that I have seen on TV, but sill lots of flames, smoke and loud bangs.

I had heard that Nikki Sixx is a lousy bass player and I would definitely confirm that. Probably half the time he wasn't even play it. He makes Sid Viscous look like a good player. Mars and Lee are good musicians though and Vince Neal still sings about as good as he ever did.

The funny thing about Nikki Sixx is that he's a great musician. He writes all of their music. He also made sure that Motley Crue retained ownership of their masters. The Beatles can't even say that.

I've seen Motley Crue eight times and have never been disappointed.

The funny thing about Nikki Sixx is that he's a great musician. He writes all of their music. He also made sure that Motley Crue retained ownership of their masters. The Beatles can't even say that.

I've seen Motley Crue eight times and have never been disappointed.

Actually I think he writes all the lyrics, Mick and Tommy write the music.