Extremely detailed preview has Nebraska winning the West (Pick Six Previews). Discuss

If I had to pick a game to lose it would be MSU. However, for a national perception, beating Sparty in Lincoln means a whole lot more than beatting Minny on the road.

For us as a fan base and a program the Minny game is bigger. For our climb back to relevance, MSU is a big game.

Would just one game make much of a difference if we don't make/win the conference?

Absolutely it would. Every year we perceive plenty of teams as being top echelon that don't win their conferences or their divisions.

And if you're in the SEC, you can win the "national championship" without even winning your division!
I'm not sure we have the ability to talk smack about not winning your division and having a chance at the NC.

The BCS is at fault for that, not us.

ESPN and the BCS are at fault for Bama getting in over Okie Lite.

As is Oklahoma State

They only lost one game to a team on the road who was fired up by the death of a faculty member. OSU then went on and became conference champion and beat more ranked opponents than...

Bama who backdoored into the title game after failing to win its division. ESPN clammored that their only loss was to undefeated LSU who was #1, therefore a rematch had to happen.

Okie beat Stanford in the Rose Bowl. LSU took its SEC Championship and didnt bother showing up to the "title game".

If I had to pick a game to lose it would be MSU. However, for a national perception, beating Sparty in Lincoln means a whole lot more than beatting Minny on the road.

For us as a fan base and a program the Minny game is bigger. For our climb back to relevance, MSU is a big game.

Would just one game make much of a difference if we don't make/win the conference?

Absolutely it would. Every year we perceive plenty of teams as being top echelon that don't win their conferences or their divisions.

And if you're in the SEC, you can win the "national championship" without even winning your division!
I'm not sure we have the ability to talk smack about not winning your division and having a chance at the NC.

The BCS is at fault for that, not us.

ESPN and the BCS are at fault for Bama getting in over Okie Lite.

As is Oklahoma State

They only lost one game to a team on the road who was fired up by the death of a faculty member. OSU then went on and became conference champion and beat more ranked opponents than...

Bama who backdoored into the title game after failing to win its division. ESPN clammored that their only loss was to undefeated LSU who was #1, therefore a rematch had to happen.

Okie beat Stanford in the Rose Bowl. LSU took its SEC Championship and didnt bother showing up to the "title game".

I understand all of that. That doesn't mean we can't put part of the blame on the team that didn't win when they needed to.

I was speaking to the psyche of the team as it relates to getting off to a good start. Not to mention the National perception of the team. I think we can beat everyone in the West, having MSU at home makes it easier, but not a guarantee. To get a chance at winning the BIG conference the Wiscy and MSU games are the most important. I think Minny is just a flash in the pan. With better coaching we should be able to stop them.

To change national perception of the team, Miami is the most important.

I was speaking to the psyche of the team as it relates to getting off to a good start. Not to mention the National perception of the team. I think we can beat everyone in the West, having MSU at home makes it easier, but not a guarantee. To get a chance at winning the BIG conference the Wiscy and MSU games are the most important. I think Minny is just a flash in the pan. With better coaching we should be able to stop them.

To change national perception of the team, Miami is the most important.

Minnesota has had around the same amount of success as Nebraska has for the last 3 years, hardly a flash in the pan. Their staff is solid and they do well with what they have. Expect them to play us tough for the forseeable future.

Beating Miami on the road won't change the National perception of Nebraska. Miami is expected to go like 6-7 this year. It will get a mention on College Football Final and thats about it. Game is too early in the season and against an unranked team, beating them isn't going to make the world take us seriously.

I don't know about that Redux. We start off with BYU which is going to be a tough game now that Hill is playing. We beat them and then roll the Southern Gumps, go down to Miami and beat them, we will get some attention. It will probably depend on how bad we beat them though.

I don't know about that Redux. We start off with BYU which is going to be a tough game now that Hill is playing. We beat them and then roll the Southern Gumps, go down to Miami and beat them, we will get some attention. It will probably depend on how bad we beat them though.

It will be a game people watch for sure. I just don't think we get a ton of respect for winning it. Going 4-0 with our out of conference slate should get us in the rankings at a respectable position too. But I think even casual fans will wait to see how we play against Wiscy before deciding if we have a legitimate shot at making our presence felt on the national scale.