Planned Parenthood

PP has mainly been servicing poorer communites of color, hence the right wing antagnonism against it. I don't advocate mid or late term abortion and certainly not the sale of infant organs--science has gone too far on that one. Change the abortion policies @ PP and keep it going for the other women's health services.

As for PP, I agree with Knapplc. Fine, defund it, as long as there is a viable source for all the other services women use these facilities for in place and ready to go. Like pointed out, abortion is an extremely small part of what PP does.

Overall abortions are like 3% of their services provided, but when you look at services to specifically pregnant women, it jumps to like 98% or something insane.

PP is pretty awful stuff. Founded by and centered around a bigoted witch that wanted to exterminate African Americans, currently employing the shadiest of strategies to gain public support (including faking a hack attack on their website).

• Fire 1

PP has mainly been servicing poorer communites of color, hence the right wing antagnonism against it. I don't advocate mid or late term abortion and certainly not the sale of infant organs--science has gone too far on that one. Change the abortion policies @ PP and keep it going for the other women's health services.

OMFG....

Not everything friggen thing is about race.

OMFG....

True, but this is and classist and about the right wing Christian agenda. PP was inspired by a right wing commited eugenicist(M. Sanger) but I don't think that has much of anything to do with the right motivation here. They're playing to their Christian lobby.

OMFG....

True, but this is and classist and about the right wing Christian agenda. PP was inspired by a right wing commited eugenicist(M. Sanger) but I don't think that has much of anything to do with the right motivation here. They're playing to their Christian lobby.

This is about the right wing Christian agenda against abortion. That's it. The left wing propaganda machine can try to make it into more than that but it's not. The funny thing is, they don't even need to make it into more than that.

Not everything that conservatives want to cut is motivated by wanting to keep poor black people down. That line is really old and worn out.

OMFG....

This is about the right wing Christian agenda against abortion. That's it. The left wing propaganda machine can try to make it into more than that but it's not. The funny thing is, they don't even need to make it into more than that.

Not everything that conservatives want to cut is motivated by wanting to keep poor black people down. That line is really old and worn out.

Many of the lib lines and lies are not only warn out but misdirection tactics - look at them (right wing, extreme, Christian (always an easy put down blanket statement) - add 50 more adjectives) as we promote this (name it) progressive agenda.

Example is in Corn's post above: Sanger was from a right wing Christian - She was a turn of the century (1900s) progressive taking Darwinian theory to the ultimate degree.

OMFG....

Many of the lib lines and lies are not only warn out but misdirection tactics - look at them (right wing, extreme, Christian (always an easy put down blanket statement) - add 50 more adjectives) as we promote this (name it) progressive agenda.

Example is in Corn's post above: Sanger was from a right wing Christian - She was a turn of the century (1900s) progressive taking Darwinian theory to the ultimate degree.

Good Lord....it's like coach speak. When a coach is being interviewed and they run out of things to say, they just open their mouths and the same phrases over and over again come out no matter if it really pertains to the subject or not.

Hmmm...what do you think about the weather?

Liberal....It's a right wing Christian conspiracy to keep poor black people down.

Hmmm....How about them Huskers?

Liberal...It's a right wing Christian conspiracy to keep poor black people down.

Hmmm....Doesn't JLo look nice?

Liberal...It's a right wing Christian conspiracy to keep poor black people down.

• Fire 1

OMFG....

I say the racist/classist part is, in this case, rather unaware: that is, since PP is mainly in the poorer black/Latino inner city, it's quite easy for a bunch of wealthy, white congressmen to act in a hasty, reactionary way to get rid of it without much thought of the people who are well served by PP. Out of sight, out of mind type thing.

Sexist as well.

They're serving their mostly white, Christian lobby which, in case you hadn't noticed, has become quite a force within right wing politics. I honestly think that most of them don't care that much about abortions or lack thereof within the mostly poor, black, female communities Why would/should they? They're reacting to their base, it's about votes and lobby $.

Until this video thing came out, none of them gave much of a crap about PP. If PP was serving middle/upper middle class white suburban Murica, well, there might have been a different response to the whole thing.

OMFG....

Do you really think the modern admin and employees of PP study and recite Margaret Sanger everyday as a mission statement? Most probably don't know who she is or the original history of it.

OMFG....

Good Lord....it's like coach speak. When a coach is being interviewed and they run out of things to say, they just open their mouths and the same phrases over and over again come out no matter if it really pertains to the subject or not.

Hmmm...what do you think about the weather?

Liberal....It's a right wing Christian conspiracy to keep poor black people down.

Hmmm....How about them Huskers?

Hmmm....Doesn't JLo look nice?

Well, now that you mention it, there are alot of white guys getting filthy rich off the the backs of the mostly pay to play black athlete--just ask Chris Rock:

“So I’m watching the Kansas North Carolina game on tv .And I notice there are 9 Black players and 1 White player btw the White player is amazing. Anyway I look in the stands and everybody is White. Since its known that college sports is big money, one could come to the conclusion that the nine Black and one White player are playing to put 100 thousand White kids though college. I know no one is getting whipped or beaten but economically college sports are no different than slavery. I know a lot of Black intellectuals will say we can do so much more than play ball and we can .But that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t reap the benefits from sports, White kids that go to Syracuse and Georgetown do. These kids should be paid and allowed to get an education for themselves and their families for the rest of there lives. Black people not making money from college sports is like Arabs not making money from oil insane. We have our reparations lottery ticket right in our pocket and were not smart enough to cash it in.” http://newpittsburghcourieronline.com/2013/03/28/chris-rock-for-blacks-college-sports-is-no-different-than-slavery/

It's an industry. I guess that's why jNU played the union card last year, but I realize that's just a bit too 'liberal' for the general audience here.

OMFG....

I say the racist/classist part is, in this case, rather unaware: that is, since PP is mainly in the poorer black/Latino inner city, it's quite easy for a bunch of wealthy, white congressmen to act in a hasty, reactionary way to get rid of it without much thought of the people who are well served by PP. Out of sight, out of mind type thing.

Sexist as well.

They're serving their mostly white, Christian lobby which, in case you hadn't noticed, has become quite a force within right wing politics. I honestly think that most of them don't care that much about abortions or lack thereof within the mostly poor, black, female communities Why would/should they? They're reacting to their base, it's about votes and lobby $.

Until this video thing came out, none of them gave much of a crap about PP.

Really????

You actually think that the anti-abortion movement is motivated not by actually wanting to stop abortion but because of racism, classism and sexism?

What kind of weird propaganda do you read?

Like I said, the left wing doesn't even need to make this out to be more than what it is. The extreme right wing in on this issue does a good enough job of making themselves out to look like wackos by themselves.

The sexism part is very laughable. Women are a HUGE part of the anti-abortion movement and no, they aren't whipped little women just following what their dominating conservative husbands want them to think. In fact, the people who eventually convinced me to be anti-abortion are my mother, sister and wife. That is not uncommon.

The problem with you arguments on this is that it deflects from the real issues and that is exactly what the extremes on that side want to have happen. Like I said, neither side really wants anything to be done on this issue. They gain too much power from it. So, if the left wing can paint more and more ..."isms" onto this pig then they just gain more and more power no matter if it's really true or not.

Another thought crossed my head that made me more annoyed. This is again about the Bush quote and not really about PP.

It's almost always the woman who takes and pays for birth control. Most women also pay for everything related to pregnancy if they're not in a relationship. But 1/1000th of what we pay for military might be too much funding for women's health.

corn: I don't know much about PP and how they help poorer people, and I doubt many Republicans know about it either. I did almost go there to get birth control because their requirements are less stringent (i.e. stupid). I find it highly unlikely their helping poor/black people has anything to do with people wanting it de-funded or shut down. Pro-lifers see abortion as murdering a baby. That's a hell of a lot more important to them than whether PP is helping poor people or not.

Another thought crossed my head that made me more annoyed. This is again about the Bush quote and not really about PP.

It's almost always the woman who takes and pays for birth control. Most women also pay for everything related to pregnancy if they're not in a relationship. But 1/1000th of what we pay for military might be too much funding for women's health.

corn: I don't know much about PP and how they help poorer people, and I doubt many Republicans know about it either. I did almost go there to get birth control because their requirements are less stringent (i.e. stupid). I find it highly unlikely their helping poor/black people has anything to do with people wanting it de-funded or shut down. Pro-lifers see abortion as murdering a baby. That's a hell of a lot more important to them than whether PP is helping poor people or not.

I think I covered it above^. The race/class/gender card is basically 'unaware'. Part of being racists/sexist/classist is being unaware of it--i.e., subconscious.