The Repub Debate

If a contested convention sends Cruz or Kasich out as the candidate and Hillary wins for the Dems, do we see Trump and his worshipers break off and run as something else and Sanders and his followers do the same thing?

Will we go into November with actually 4 people running for the Whitehouse?

Trump has never been a Republican and Sanders has never been a Democrat....that is until they wanted to run for President.

If that happens, I could see the winner of the Whitehouse getting it with less than 35% of the vote.

Well, I think the only way to stop Trump from getting the nomination is to have more delegates than him going into the convention.

He and his worshipers are going to go bonkers if he has one more delegate and the convention votes someone else as the candidate.

Problem is, Cruz is the only one possible to get more and I don't want him either.

That is why Kasich has to remain in the race. He might be the fall back guy since Trump supporters hate Cruz and Cruz supporters hate Trump. Then the big question then would be: Can the Repub party convince enough voters not sit home and go to the polls to defeat Hillary in the fall? :dunno Of course we are seeing it getting nasty on the Dem side as well. Outside of an indictment prior to the convention, Hillary will win the nomination. But will the Sander voters, who see this process as very unfair wt the supper delegates in Hillary's back pocket, decide to stay away from the poll or support some obscure 3rd party - Green Party candidate?

If Sanders is somehow able to win a majority of the pledged delegates it could get messy. Otherwise, I don't foresee a major problem as most of the Sanders voters she doesn't win over probably wouldn't have voted for her even if Sanders hadn't run.

On the Republican side, I honestly think Trump is their only chance to win the general election. I don't see how they could recover from selecting someone other than Trump at a contested convention given that a majority of GOP voter's believe the person with the most delegates should be the nominee. Link

Well, I think the only way to stop Trump from getting the nomination is to have more delegates than him going into the convention.

He and his worshipers are going to go bonkers if he has one more delegate and the convention votes someone else as the candidate.

Problem is, Cruz is the only one possible to get more and I don't want him either.

That is why Kasich has to remain in the race. He might be the fall back guy since Trump supporters hate Cruz and Cruz supporters hate Trump. Then the big question then would be: Can the Repub party convince enough voters not sit home and go to the polls to defeat Hillary in the fall? :dunno Of course we are seeing it getting nasty on the Dem side as well. Outside of an indictment prior to the convention, Hillary will win the nomination. But will the Sander voters, who see this process as very unfair wt the supper delegates in Hillary's back pocket, decide to stay away from the poll or support some obscure 3rd party - Green Party candidate?

If Sanders is somehow able to win a majority of the pledged delegates it could get messy. Otherwise, I don't foresee a major problem as most of the Sanders voters she doesn't win over probably wouldn't have voted for her even if Sanders hadn't run.

On the Republican side, I honestly think Trump is their only chance to win the general election. I don't see how they could recover from selecting someone other than Trump at a contested convention given that a majority of GOP voter's believe the person with the most delegates should be the nominee. Link

Well then give it to Hillary because I don't think he has a shot in hell to win the general election.

• Fire 1

Well then give it to Hillary because I don't think he has a shot in hell to win the general election.

You're probably right but I think he has a chance given her high unfavorability ratings and all the skeletons she has in the closet. I think her shortcomings pale in comparison to his but if the race devolves into all out mudslinging, I wouldn't count him out.

Close to 80% of women won't vote for him. Now if he treats another woman disrespectful there is no way in hell of getting them. Do he is in a no win situation there. Nowhere close to half the men in the us are going to vote for him.

40% of men are liberals. Of the 40% that are conservative there are a lot that won't vote for him no mater what (like me).

I do not see anyway he gets the majority.

I agree. I see Trump as the worse possible candidate in the GE. The dems and big media will have a hey day wt all of his anti-women talk and esp his latest abortion gaffe. I don't think many Cruz supports will bury the hatch after hearing him saying Lyin Ted 1000 times or Rubio's hearing Little Marco. The guy is a child (ok Baby) in an adult's uniform. I may understand one or two of the early states getting it wrong. but now there is no excuse for repubs voting in NY, Maryland, Penn. If they don't like Cruz then vote Kasich. There is no excuse voting for the boy child Trump. Get him in a one on one debate wt Cruz, or Kasich, or Clinton or Sanders and it would be a disaster. No policy Trump vs 4 who have well thought out, coherent (if not practical in some cases) policies. Calling someone names and spouting platitudes is not policy and that is all Trump has.

I agree. I see Trump as the worse possible candidate in the GE. The dems and big media will have a hey day wt all of his anti-women talk and esp his latest abortion gaffe. I don't think many Cruz supports will bury the hatch after hearing him saying Lyin Ted 1000 times or Rubio's hearing Little Marco. The guy is a child (ok Baby) in an adult's uniform. I may understand one or two of the early states getting it wrong. but now there is no excuse for repubs voting in NY, Maryland, Penn. If they don't like Cruz then vote Kasich. There is no excuse voting for the boy child Trump. Get him in a one on one debate wt Cruz, or Kasich, or Clinton or Sanders and it would be a disaster. No policy Trump vs 4 who have well thought out, coherent (if not practical in some cases) policies. Calling someone names and spouting platitudes is not policy and that is all Trump has.

That's his problem. He has his worshipers. But, when someone drops out, a few go to him but the majority of other people will refuse to vote for him.

I can not imagine the majority of people who support Kasich would all of a sudden get gung ho about Trump. It's just not going to happen.

I've said it before but, I honestly don't think I can consciously vote in this election if it's down to Trump or Hillary. I know other people who feel the same way.

PS...I don't even like Cruz but the whole Lyin Ted crap got really old after the second time he said it.

I'm not surprised - Rudy is a pretty proud New Yorker. He is also more liberal than people thought - probably closer to Trump than Cruz. Yet, I thought he might have enough sense to vote for Kasich & over ride his 'NY homer pride.