The Repub Debate

I predict...if Trump wins...that 10% of the US population (if not more) will leave America.

Right?

Of all the people that have said that's what they will do, I'll bet less than 1% of them will actually go through with it.

You think?

Come on...I mean look at all the names Trump has been called...the comparisons to the cruelest world leaders. People, I beg you, get out while you CAN! Do not make the same mistakes that so many millions made in other countries.

I'm actually surprised some left wing minority rad--or whoever-- hasn't put a b*****t between Trump'fs eyes, if ya know what I'm saying. Hey, they shot George Wallace back in the day. Reagan took a bullet too. Don't be surprised if it happens, considering all the people that Trump has incited to hating him.

it was nice knowing you Corn. :o:madash

I predict...if Trump wins...that 10% of the US population (if not more) will leave America.

Right?

Of all the people that have said that's what they will do, I'll bet less than 1% of them will actually go through with it.

You think?

Come on...I mean look at all the names Trump has been called...the comparisons to the cruelest world leaders. People, I beg you, get out while you CAN! Do not make the same mistakes that so many millions made in other countries.

I'm actually surprised some left wing minority rad--or whoever-- hasn't put a b*****t between Trump'fs e**s, if ya know what I'm saying. Hey, they shot George Wallace back in the day. Reagan took a bullet too. Don't be surprised if it happens, considering all the people that Trump has incited to hating him.

Could happen, just sayin'.....wouldnt surprise me at all.

Right?

You think?

I'm actually surprised some left wing minority rad--or whoever-- hasn't put a b*****t between Trump'fs e**s, if ya know what I'm saying. Hey, they shot George Wallace back in the day. Reagan took a bullet too. Don't be surprised if it happens, considering all the people that Trump has incited to hating him.

I wonder if there is a crazy dude out there that will try to impress Jodie Foster...

Interesting article on exit polls:

Exit polls suggest plenty of appetite for a third-party alternative to Donald Trump

The real question here isn't if Trump would be battered by a strong third party candidate. It's how many Republicans in Florida and Ohio -- which he pledged to win -- would skip voting altogether rather than vote for Trump. In preliminary exit polling Tuesday night reported by ABC, 4 in 10 non-Trump voters say they wouldn't back him in November.

Count me as one of the 40% of Conservatives that cannot vote for Trump. It's so sad that the top 2 choices this November are Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. Seriously, we have millions of Americans, and this is the best both parties can come up with?

Right?

You think?

I wonder if there is a crazy dude out there that will try to impress Jodie Foster...

You mean crazy dudette? (Now that we know which way she swings)

Interesting....

Donald Trump Warns of Riots at Convention if He Is Denied Nomination

“I’m representing a tremendous — many, many millions of people — in many cases, first-time voters. These are people that haven’t voted because they never believed in the system,” he said.

“Now, if you disenfranchise those people and you say, ‘Well, I’m sorry, but you’re 100 votes short, even though the next one is 500 votes short,’ I think you would have problems like you’ve never seen before. I think bad things would happen, I really do. I believe that. I wouldn’t lead it but I think bad things would happen.”

This entire quote is unbelievable. It is very telling of where his mentality is. He is basically threatening the Republican party that they will have riots if he isn't their nominee. In a failed attempt to hide it, he is basically telling his followers to riot if that happens. But....hey....he won't LEAD IT. Of course he is just warning of it....wink wink.....

But, then we are reminded of this. So....if his followers are protesting, does this mean they should be beat up because they are expressing dissent?

However, the candidate has repeatedly expressed nostalgia for “the good old days” when protesters could expect to be beaten for expressing dissent, and offered to pay the legal fees of a supporter who punched a peaceful protester at one of his rallies in North Carolina last week.

I have heard Trump say over and over again that he has drawn millions of people to the Republican party and most of those are people who have never voted before.

Does anyone know where he is getting this information? I have looked on line and I can't find anything.

Or....is this just another one of his lies he fills his followers with?

I would be interested in seeing actual numbers.

It's a rather vague line that is being parroted by the media and Trump himself. Turnout for them is definitely on record pace, but as to whether or not it will translate to the general election is up for debate, and smart folks think not.

Trump appears to have a hard ceiling. The most he's won a state by was 49.3% in Massachusetts. He's got a couple other wins in the high 40s in Nevada and Mississippi, but he usually wins in the high 30s or low 40s, or loses. And it doesn't appear to have any kind of linear increase since more candidates have been dropping out.

The inconvenient truth that they leave out here has a few different points.

1. Part of that increased turnout are people coming out to specifically vote AGAINST Trump. He drives turnout both ways, in that a significant chunk of people hate the idea of his presidency (rightly so, IMO) and just want to block him. This includes Dem crossover voters-- they can do this in open primaries. This is a VERY significant portion- I know it was 7% of registered Dems in MI and I believe 8-9% in Ohio. Most of those votes will likely be returning to the left come November.
  2. He will affect turnout for the Dems as well. Just as is being seen now with the GOP, a sizeable coalition of voters will be hitting the ballot box in the fall to deny Trump his goal. He's a great recruiting tool for the Dems.

Unfortunately, the Politifact I linked only has numbers through 2012. I'm working on finding numbers for this year though. Will check back later.

Short answer: Yes, it's another example of him not telling you the whole truth.

The false equivalence road leads down to supporters of anybody being no different from Hitler's supporters.

While not a comment on any individual Trump supporter, it's interesting to see the large-scale trend of what type of voter has sorted themselves into Trump's camp in a primary season at least formerly flush with other options.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-key-to-the-gop-race-the-diploma-divide/

There are other strong forces in the Trump electorate, too. I count nativism as a particularly strong one, surpassed perhaps only by a desire for a strongman -- idolatry of machismo. An American Putin, and I believe I've seen that used as a favorable comparison, without irony.

I saw a story on the news the other night that shared your theory about authoritarianism. It may well have been the same scientists.

Regardless, good call. I just can't understand how people think that type of persona would go over well for world diplomacy, especially coupled with ignorance on most facets of actually being POTUS.

Interesting article on exit polls:

Exit polls suggest plenty of appetite for a third-party alternative to Donald Trump

The real question here isn't if Trump would be battered by a strong third party candidate. It's how many Republicans in Florida and Ohio -- which he pledged to win -- would skip voting altogether rather than vote for Trump. In preliminary exit polling Tuesday night reported by ABC, 4 in 10 non-Trump voters say they wouldn't back him in November.

Count me as one of the 40% of Conservatives that cannot vote for Trump. It's so sad that the top 2 choices this November are Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. Seriously, we have millions of Americans, and this is the best both parties can come up with?

You got that right. Of course the Dems tried to limit the bench in preparation for the Hillary coronation. The Repubs have a circle firing squad of 17 candidates. Instead of coming together early under one or 2 candidates, the egos of these candidates keep them in the race to the point they just hurt the party. I think there are others who would be better than Kasich and Cruz to challenge Trump. I wonder if the primary system is the best method or not. Too much emphasis on the 1st states that vote which unfairly weeds out some candidates who may have done better later on. Maybe a Road to the Final 4 nation wide vote - All candidates wt at least 5% in the polls are voted on. Then you take the top 4 to the convention and let the state delegates duke it out chuckleshuffle . All I know is that if the current system produces Hillary and Trump, there is something flawed wt the system. :dunno

This is scarry and disgusting. I don't entirely blame the black man for cold cocking the guy in the American flag shirt. Not knowing his side of the story, I can easily see how he mistook him for the hooded individual and that would have enraged him. That was extremely distasteful on the protesters part.

If all that about the chants is true, then that sends a chill down my spine. I hate saying this, but I don't know what else to compare it too but nazi rallies in Germany. I know this country could never become that, but it's still disturbing...