What parts of the team are you most excited to see and why?

I would say there are certain things I am excited or as funhusker put it "anxious". I would say first I want to see what kind of conditioning changes have occurred with the new S&C staff. I think that will pay dividends this season. I am anxious to see if this staff can improve the mental stability of the players in games. Hopefully keeping composure from the staff will rub off on the players and improve focus and decision making. I am excited to see if quarterback play improves at all. I think at running back Newby will step up but I am more excited to see if Wilbon makes some plays as I think he has the tangibles to be a great back. I am excited to see if Michael Rose Ivy steps up this year as well as the rest of the Linebackers. I think the I am equally nervous as I am excited to see what Mark Banker does with the defense. I hope he manages games much better than coach Pap.

I am excited to see the staff work. Many things can go into what exactly happens on the field. Maybe a group struggles slightly to be able to grasp the new concepts from the start. Maybe we have major injuries to another group....etc. Maybe we run into some really really crappy refs.

But, what I'm most interested in is seeing how the staff handles that. Are the teachers and leaders? When something doesn't go well, are they the calm in the storm rallying the troops to teach them how to handle the situation and move forward?

THAT is what will get me even more excited about this staff and the future of the program. If they can be that kind of staff, I believe the wins will come.

• Fire 1

Offense....I am very excited to see us utilize the Tight End position more. In years past, we seemed to forget we even had one on the field.

Defense...I want to see how our defense reacts to the ball. I hate to keep harping on the previous regime but we lacked the simple fundamentals of tackling and reading/reacting to the opposing offenses.

Special Teams....De'Mornay Pierson-El (this needs no explanation)

I can't take a Mod seriously when they type in comic sans