What parts of the team are you most excited to see and why?

Offense....I am very excited to see us utilize the Tight End position more. In years past, we seemed to forget we even had one on the field.

Defense...I want to see how our defense reacts to the ball. I hate to keep harping on the previous regime but we lacked the simple fundamentals of tackling and reading/reacting to the opposing offenses.

Special Teams....De'Mornay Pierson-El (this needs no explanation)

• Fire 1

The lines, both defense and offense. It all starts there. I think our D-line is gonna be bad ass. Push guys around and wreak havoc. Our O-line? I just don't know what to expect. We might be pretty good on O-line. Or we might not. It's all gonna depend on how this squad works together.

And of course DPE. I've been telling people I know back in Alexandria, Virginia to watch him--that he might burst onto the national stage in college football. (DPE is from Alexandria.) :lol:

I am excited to to see a different style of defensive play. I think this style suits the college game and our players better. I don't expect miracles, I don't expect top10 on D but top 30 will go a long way to a couple more wins.

I just feel good about the new coaching and the way the team is going to be. I think the media has really undervalued the talent. I think MR really feels like he has something here.

Tommy Armstrong.

I've been praising this kid from the day he stepped on the field. I think he's got every tool to be successful, he's a great leader and he's got a strong work ethic. I think there were a lot of factors, all of which I've discussed in depth, as to why we haven't seen Tommy reach his potential. Those days are over. It's time Tommy is put in an offense that he can be successful in and get the coaching he needs to take the next step.

When it's all said and done, I've said this and I stand by it, I think Tommy proves to be the next great Husker QB.

As said above, the use of the TE's in the offense again also gets me pumped up. Not just as receivers, but get into twin sets, stack the line of scrimmage for once in our damn lives and use more blockers to pick up the rush. A concept lost on the last staff. So tired of watching opponents send 5-6(or more) guys into the backfield on every play and we just continue to march our front 5 up there play after play and expect them to pick it up every time. Also, TE's as receivers. Short outs, curl routes, short crosses. Simple completions, big targets. When the QB has nowhere to go he can always find the TE for an easy one if needed. Every team in the country does this. Not us. That's gonna change.

The offense is going to be way more consistent, period.

Return of the head hunting, ball hawking BLACKSHIRT. Gang tackling. QB sacks and TFL's.

• Fire 2