Who has the advantage

MR has coached against BYU three times recently and has an idea of what to expect from them, but knows, relatively speaking, less about how the huskers are going to look come game day.

BYU has gone up against MR and knows his scheme but doesn't really know how they are going to come out with the changes made to fit the talent. BYU coach knows a lot more about his team. So which one them has the advantage?

We will play and find out!

I am nervous and excited.

BYU obv has a proven record against MR.

That said however its not like we got a new head coach and all new players. These kids have been playing together now for a while. They know whats on the line. I have faith in the players.

Maybe a slight advantage that Riley played BYU, even though it was three years ago. But maybe Bronco Mendenhall has some insights into what he'll see from Riley, too.

Trivia:

• Mendenhall played DB at Oregon State in 1986–87. This was after the time Riley's dad, Bud Riley, was coach there, and well before Mike Riley coached there.
  • Mendenhall coached at Oregon State in 1995-96. This was just before Riley became HC there in 1997.

Two different teams, almost completely different set of circumstances, different players, probably some tweaked coaching philosophy...... I for one don't put much stock in either coach having the lowdown or experience on the other. It's a new game with unique situations that that will totally be settled on the field tomorrow. BYU has not ventured into the Sea of Red before. Welcome to the jungle baby.