Miami opens as 4.5 point favorite.

Saunders

You want to make money? Put everything you own, mortgage, kids' college fund, etc. on NU. Trust me. Al Golden does not win big games. Never has, never will. He goes into a shell and coaches scared. His record against teams with winning records (yes, I know NU is 1-1) is atrocious. His record at Temple against teams with winning records was pathetic. Look at the 2nd half of the FSU game last year as evidence. Miami went up 16-0 and 23-7, and then he got scared and coached not to lose. He does that all the time in big games.

ps

PLEASE BEAT US AND PUT US OUT OF OUR MISERY

I think you're over-reacting. FSU only won 30-26. I don't see any big losses last season for Miami. A coach that can avoid blowouts can't be all bad. He probably just needs more time.

You want to make money? Put everything you own, mortgage, kids' college fund, etc. on NU. Trust me. Al Golden does not win big games. Never has, never will. He goes into a shell and coaches scared. His record against teams with winning records (yes, I know NU is 1-1) is atrocious. His record at Temple against teams with winning records was pathetic. Look at the 2nd half of the FSU game last year as evidence. Miami went up 16-0 and 23-7, and then he got scared and coached not to lose. He does that all the time in big games.

ps

I think you're over-reacting. FSU only won 30-26. I don't see any big losses last season for Miami. A coach that can avoid blowouts can't be all bad. He probably just needs more time.

Not at all. Watch the game, you'll see it. As for last year, while the we only lost to you guys by 10, it was 17 before the last TD, and you ran all over us. Louisville beat us by 18. Virginia beat us by 17 (and it wasn't that close). Pitt manhandled us in Miami.

ps

Not at all. Watch the game, you'll see it. As for last year, while the we only lost to you guys by 10, it was 17 before the last TD, and you ran all over us. Louisville beat us by 18. Virginia beat us by 17 (and it wasn't that close). Pitt manhandled us in Miami.

I guess we can agree to disagree. Let's split the difference. We'll beat you but make it close. In that way you can get the L to make the case to fire Al Golden but by making it close it helps my case that you should give him more time :funnyhahah

ps

I guess we can agree to disagree. Let's split the difference. We'll beat you but make it close. In that way you can get the L to make the case to fire Al Golden but by making it close it helps my case that you should give him more time :funnyhahah

Yeah....I don't like that. How about you guys run for 400 yards in the first half, and Al isn't allowed back out on the field for the 2nd?

• Fire 2

ps

Yeah....I don't like that. How about you guys run for 400 yards in the first half, and Al isn't allowed back out on the field for the 2nd?

I'd prefer if you kick a couple of field goals, let us get up by a couple of touchdowns and then make a comeback to pull within one late in the 4th. Instead of going for the tie, pass for a 2 point conversion and we'll swat it away crushing all of your hopes and dreams.

ps

I'd prefer if you kick a couple of field goals, let us get up by a couple of touchdowns and then make a comeback to pull within one late in the 4th. Instead of going for the tie, pass for a 2 point conversion and we'll swat it away crushing all of your hopes and dreams.

Somehow, I don't think it'll be the same

I think some recent years we had a non conference slate that was set up to be pretty toasty, but the strength of the teams didn't pan out by the time we got there. Even last year, for example, Fresno has fielded some good teams in the past, but we got them at the infancy of and just after the Derek Carr era.

Time will tell how good this year's edition of BYU and Miami are. The 'Canes weren't too good last year and it's make-or-break time for Al Golden.

In two games, our defense hasn't shown that they are better than they were last year. And on offense, we don't have Superman Ameer to bail out our offense.

That explains why the line is 4.5. But then again, Miami hasn't played anyone decent at all this year. Nebraska is their first true test.

I think that is fair but I do feel more confident with the coaching.

We should be able to run on them like last year, is my take, after watching their D last week. Passing game should be available too. So, I figure we can move the ball and score on them. Their offense looks better. Kaaya is sharper and more mature and they have a really good back this year, #1 I think. That guy is good. I think the game is a toss up, the team making the fewest mistakes getting the W. And I think that team will be us. The U is still too mistake prone. Red by 4-7.

• Fire 1

We should be able to run on them like last year, is my take, after watching their D last week. Passing game should be available too. So, I figure we can move the ball and score on them. Their offense looks better. Kaaya is sharper and more mature and they have a really good back this year, #1 I think. That guy is good. I think the game is a toss up, the team making the fewest mistakes getting the W. And I think that team will be us. The U is still too mistake prone. Red by 4-7.

#2, Yearby. #1 is the true freshman, Mark Walton, Yearby's backup. He scored 3 TDs against FAU, but only had 42 yards. Yearby had 146 on 18 carries and had 3 catches for 97 yards. The best of the bunch might end up being #32, Trayone Gray. He's 3rd string now, and the coaches don't fully trust him as he's a converted QB, but he's 6-2, 215 and has 16-121 on the year. He's our only "big" back, after Gus Edwards, 6-2, 240, and the starter after camp, was lost to a foot injury and is out for the year.