Prepping For "Nebraska Week": Miami's Expectations

NUance

If the OL can get some push especially early, we'll be in great shape. If they play like they did against BYU, we're in trouble. Defensively, we need the LBs to finally show up for a game.

Yeah, that's true. And it's a big IF. The O-line is the part of the team that concerns me the most. Even more than our LBs or CBs. Even though we have two games under our belt I still can't figure out just how good (or not) our O-line is. This game will go a long ways towards answering that question.

OTOH, the type of offense Langsdorf seems to like to call--combined with Tommy's mobility--will mask a lot of issues on the O-line.

I think the o-line will continue to get better as the season roll along. They looked better against SAU, It wasn't just inferior competition. They were crisper and worked more as a unit. That was always the problem under BP. The O-line doesn't lack talent, but they have to play as a unit, and they rarely did that in past years.

Miami's D-line is probably not any better than BYU's. So that would be a good gage.

If the OL can get some push especially early, we'll be in great shape. If they play like they did against BYU, we're in trouble. Defensively, we need the LBs to finally show up for a game.

What about the linebacker play has looked so bad to you? I think they have played pretty well all things considered.

I didn't say bad. I said nonexistent. When looking at the tackling statistics, the only LB that really even stands out is MRI. Against BYU, the best tackle Banderas made was from his back when he got completely ran over. In order to get pressure on Kaaya, the LBs are going to have to help out the front four. It's still early and I haven't given up on the group yet, but they need to really step it up as a group. I'm more concerned with this group than I am with our secondary.

Does your coach have a pulse? If the answer is yes, then he will out coach Al Golden.

I think Golden was a decent hire by Miami, however he certainly seems to have lost the support of the fans. It may be his time to go after this season. Who would you like to see on the sidelines besides Golden if this happens?

Joe Yearby

Does your coach have a pulse? If the answer is yes, then he will out coach Al Golden.

I think Golden was a decent hire by Miami, however he certainly seems to have lost the support of the fans. It may be his time to go after this season. Who would you like to see on the sidelines besides Golden if this happens?

Al Golden was a worse hire than Randy Shannon...chew on that. It was his time to go when he refused to fire his best friend, his DC after having the 112th ranked defense in 2012. Then it was time to go after he "went dark" for a week and tried to get the Penn State job. It was time for him to go after he went 6-7 with a team that had 7 draft picks and 9 guys that made opening day NFL rosters. Read my signature for my choice, and the choice of most Miami fans.

I think we win this game and look better than some people outside Nebraska expect us to look. Yes, I'm a complete homer/scarlet glasses kind of guy.

Seriously though, If the team continues to improve off of last week, I don't see why we shouldn't win by two TDs. The main area of concern for me is our D backfield and there have been some comments out of Lincoln this week indicating there may be solutions on the way. If we can do that while maintaining our good run defense, this game looks like a W.

I also like the ability of our coaches to get the team in the right mindset and maintain that throughout the game. I don't expect to see panic or melt downs on the field. If we lose, it's because Miami simply played better than us. That's obviously possible. But, I don't expect it.

I honestly don't know how we are going to look against Miami. If we do end up putting the screws to Miami though, sometimes I wonder how much people outside of Nebraska would notice or even care. We have zero votes in the AP poll right now.

Joe Yearby

Al Golden was a worse hire than Randy Shannon...chew on that. It was his time to go when he refused to fire his best friend, his DC after having the 112th ranked defense in 2012. Then it was time to go after he "went dark" for a week and tried to get the Penn State job. It was time for him to go after he went 6-7 with a team that had 7 draft picks and 9 guys that made opening day NFL rosters. Read my signature for my choice, and the choice of most Miami fans.

Is Butch Davis even eligible to coach yet? If they could somehow figure that out and get him back, that would be a good hire IMO. Hopefully you guys won't have to wait much longer for that to happen.

Is Butch Davis even eligible to coach yet? If they could somehow figure that out and get him back, that would be a good hire IMO. Hopefully you guys won't have to wait much longer for that to happen.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/bruce-feldman/24372078/despite-being-cleared-in-unc-scandal-davis-still-waiting-for-next-gig

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24913451/butch-davis-i-would-be-interested-if-miami-job-was-open-right-fit

He's been cleared, Just waiting for a job. I think he is an analyst for ESPN now.

Joe Yearby

Al Golden did a nice job where he was at before Miami, wasn't it Temple? He took them from terrible to respectable. Some guys are good at overachieving with little, but when they get the big gig don't know how to deal with it. I don't know if he is that way or not. Miami is probably more than he can handle though.

The biggest regret in Butch Davis's life has to be leaving Miami to go coach in the NFL. I have never understood why good college coaches always think they have to reach for that level. So many of them fail.

I think we win this game and look better than some people outside Nebraska expect us to look. Yes, I'm a complete homer/scarlet glasses kind of guy.

Seriously though, If the team continues to improve off of last week, I don't see why we shouldn't win by two TDs. The main area of concern for me is our D backfield and there have been some comments out of Lincoln this week indicating there may be solutions on the way. If we can do that while maintaining our good run defense, this game looks like a W.

I also like the ability of our coaches to get the team in the right mindset and maintain that throughout the game. I don't expect to see panic or melt downs on the field. If we lose, it's because Miami simply played better than us. That's obviously possible. But, I don't expect it.

I honestly don't know how we are going to look against Miami. If we do end up putting the screws to Miami though, sometimes I wonder how much people outside of Nebraska would notice or even care. We have zero votes in the AP poll right now.

I agree. I think it would be more noticed if BYU would then also beat UCLA. We would have lost on the last second play to a team that has since beat two ranked teams and one of those was a top 10 team.

If BYU loses, I agree this may go fairly unnoticed.