DE Hamilcar Rashed [Oregon State Commit]

Mavric

This is what happens when you whiff on your top 5 :facepalm:

Really? You know nothing about this kid.

He's entirely correct. Our D-line recruiting is pitiful. Our coaches should be ashamed.

I agree our DL recruiting hasn't been up to par.

But we don't really know anything about this kid, so lets not make jabs at him.

This is what happens when you whiff on your top 5 :facepalm:

Really? You know nothing about this kid.

He's entirely correct. Our D-line recruiting is pitiful. Our coaches should be ashamed.

I agree our DL recruiting hasn't been up to par.

But we don't really know anything about this kid, so lets not make jabs at him.

Maybe if we looked at it in another way.

You are completely correct. This kid might be the next Grant Wistrom. I think what HRR meant is that "on paper" we have missed on 5 "known commodities" of recruits and have now gone into the phase of offering on unknown potential. It's not a good look this early in the recruiting cycle.

No. 33 Hamilcar Rashed Jr., Laveen Cesar Chavez, 6-4, 225, DE/LB

Tremendous prospect who gets an A-plus on the eye-ball test. He is fast and strong and dominant, posting 20 sacks last season when he made azcentral sports' All-Arizona team. His name has gotten out there. Arizona State, Arizona, Washington and Oregon have all come by to see him.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/high-school/recruiting/2015/02/10/top-high-school-football-prospects-in-arizona-2016-class/23165557/

• Fire 3

No. 33 Hamilcar Rashed Jr., Laveen Cesar Chavez, 6-4, 225, DE/LB

Tremendous prospect who gets an A-plus on the eye-ball test. He is fast and strong and dominant, posting 20 sacks last season when he made azcentral sports' All-Arizona team. His name has gotten out there. Arizona State, Arizona, Washington and Oregon have all come by to see him.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/high-school/recruiting/2015/02/10/top-high-school-football-prospects-in-arizona-2016-class/23165557/

I read a tweet today that he recorded 10 sacks in one game. However, it was against a pretty awful team but still.

You are completely correct. This kid might be the next Grant Wistrom. I think what HRR meant is that "on paper" we have missed on 5 "known commodities" of recruits and have now gone into the phase of offering on unknown potential. It's not a good look this early in the recruiting cycle.

Known commodities? There were a couple of high profile guys, but this early in the recruiting process we have little idea how much difference there is with someone who may be a late riser and Joe "Known" 3-Star that decided to go with Iowa, or wherever.

Listed as a top 10 "Dynamo" in AZ

No. 7 Hamilcar Rashed Jr., Laveen Cesar Chavez, 6-4, 225, DE/OLB/WR/TE

Rashed had 20 sacks, including three against Mountain Pointe, against Division I competition last season. Imagine the numbers he'll put up playing in Division III now. Rashed's motor is not only revved up for defense, but on offense he is expected to take on a bigger role, playing in the slot and wide out with a more balanced attack. Cesar Chavez wants to take advantage of his explosiveness and size. Rashed is ready for anything. The greater the opponents, the bigger he plays. Watch for Rashed to really take off as a senior.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/06/11/top-10-arizona-high-school-football-dynamos-2015/28717001/

Although it sounds like this was made before he transferred to Chandler.