***Miami Game Discussion***

Outcoached by Al Golden.

Let that sink in.

Outcoached? He is the reason it went to OT.
Not really. Miami shot themselves in the foot repeatedly. If the offensive coaches had any idea what they were doing, it never would have come down to overtime.

Calling that last pass play was idiotic, run the damn ball.

I don't think anyone is going to go for this rhetoric, man.

• Fire 1

Outcoached by Al Golden.

Let that sink in.

Outcoached? He is the reason it went to OT.
Not really. Miami shot themselves in the foot repeatedly. If the offensive coaches had any idea what they were doing, it never would have come down to overtime.

Calling that last pass play was idiotic, run the damn ball.

I don't think anyone is going to go for this rhetoric, man.

The run game was working all game. Run the damn ball. If the run game wasn't working and we had to pass I'd agree.

But it was there all game. If the staff would have dedicated to the run this game, we would have won.

Tough loss after coming back from 23 down. Similar to the game against Sparty last year in East Lansing. Appeared out of it and had a chance at the end until an Armstrong pick ended that one as well.

It's on Armstrong for throwing that one at the end. I am almost 100% positive that when they rep that play in practice, or any play in which Armstrong gets flushed out of the pocket, that the coaches are telling him to get what he can. He just did it on the last drive, he got flushed, turned left and got 16 on a 3rd and 13 play. Another big error was at the end of the first half and getting no points out of that drive thanks to a pick.

7 flags in the first half.

Rileys teams have a history of being highly penalized.

Well coached teams usually aren't.

So that's a wash with the prior staff?

Year Huskers Opponents

2008 PENALTIES-Yards............... 94-800 64-477

2009 PENALTIES-Yards............... 100-894 84-678

2010 PENALTIES-Yards............... 109-993 63-552

2011 PENALTIES-Yards............... 86-688 77-757

2012 PENALTIES-Yards............... 88-847 78-749

2013 PENALTIES-Yards............... 76-665 59-511

2014 PENALTIES-Yards............... 75-655 78-680

2015 PENALTIES-Yards............... 19-170 11-97

U new here? The last staff was dumb, blind, stupid, incompetent, and inexperienced. A high school staff.

This staff is experienced.

Yet the last staff never started the season 1 and 2.

Yep, I am.

I agree with your point about well coached teams but I'd add that undisciplined, emotionally unstable coaches develop teams and players that reflect those characteristics, like, say Senior Alex Lewis.

You can be critical of the current staff and team for a lot of things but trying to say Nebraska plays sloppy and highly penalized football b/c MR and his staff are in charge is silly given the prior staff's record with penalties and mental breakdowns.

• Fire 1

7 flags in the first half.

Rileys teams have a history of being highly penalized.

Well coached teams usually aren't.

So that's a wash with the prior staff?

Year Huskers Opponents

2008 PENALTIES-Yards............... 94-800 64-477

2009 PENALTIES-Yards............... 100-894 84-678

2010 PENALTIES-Yards............... 109-993 63-552

2011 PENALTIES-Yards............... 86-688 77-757

2012 PENALTIES-Yards............... 88-847 78-749

2013 PENALTIES-Yards............... 76-665 59-511

2014 PENALTIES-Yards............... 75-655 78-680

2015 PENALTIES-Yards............... 19-170 11-97

U new here? The last staff was dumb, blind, stupid, incompetent, and inexperienced. A high school staff.

This staff is experienced.

Yet the last staff never started the season 1 and 2.

Yep, I am.

I agree with your point about well coached teams but I'd add that undisciplined, emotionally unstable coaches develop teams and players that reflect those characteristics, like, say Senior Alex Lewis.

You can be critical of the current staff and team for a lot of things but trying to say Nebraska plays sloppy and highly penalized football b/c MR and his staff are in charge is silly given the prior staff's record with penalties and mental breakdowns.

referring to your point about the Alex Lewis undisciplined penalty (saying this tongue in cheek) "you can take Pelini off the staff, but you can't take the Pelini out of the players."

At the end of the day, I'm disappointed we lost, but proud of of the team and how they fought back. It could have snow balled and became a blowout, which many thought (including me). Blowout or not, I will support these players.

We aren't a playoff contender this year, or probably a few years (if recruits are right for the system and defense improves), but I'll be supporting the players. HCMR could do well here, time will tell. I'm not sold on him yet, but I'm also not saying he will fail. I want him to do well and hope we continually approve under him.

• Fire 2

Pretty empty stadium...

I believe the enrollment @ Nebraska exceeds 50,000. The enrollment @ the U is around 10,000. Very small university located in the heart of Coral Gables which is the Beverly Hills of FL. We have a high number of both out-of-state and international students. In addition, we have pro football, basketball, baseball and soccer teams all competing for the dollar. This is by no means a college-type town. It is a private university and very expensive, negating the ability of many locals to be able to afford the tuition fees. Regardless of the fact that unless it is UF, FSU or Notre Dame. we generally have a turnout of around 40,000 which is not bad considering all factors. Surprisingly, this does not seem to affect recruiting.

Nebraska showed a lot of grit in the 2nd half come-back which garnered a lot of respect from the U fans, plus I was surprised at the conditioning of your players. It was probably around 100 degrees down on the field and they never let up or drooped! Good luck in the remainder of your games. You have a gutsy group of players who will only improve as the year progresses.

• Fire 2