I'm feeling good

Neuman1

I can't feel good about being 1-2. I want to be ranked. BYU and Miami are not top 10 teams. We should have one at least one of the games. The sad thing is we had 12 penalties in both games.

No moral victories. A win by one loss is still a win. A loss in OT or a hail Mary is a loss. Thats the whole friggin problem. This team and fan base is looking for moral victories.... BS. We now start looking at "moral" victories as a win? No wonder we got 12 penalties......

I remember years ago, playing spirit football. I must have been 10-11. We go to the awards banquet. Coach points to the conference champs. Says you know why they are sitting there? They are winners. We are here because we are losers. You want to be a winner come back next year. I did and we won..... My point being, he didn't teach moral victories he taught that there were winners and losers.........

We were one of the most dominant dynasties in the history of college football. We should never be satisfied or justified with almost winning. Hell even Bo's teams had some great comebacks. If I could find threads form last year, you'd still see the same "these guys didn't quit" stuff. Thats true, it's great they didn't. BUT NU shouldn't be 20+ points behind. We shouldn't have the pace of the game dictated to us.

I agree, losing is miserable. The fact of the matter is not everyone is a born winner. It's something that you work for and learn from failures. Under the previous staff the whole learning from failures never came to fruition. This team, with this staff, has to learn from its failures and grow from it. If folks can't see the improvements by numerous players, that on them.

My whole point is, while yes, everyone is tired of losing, it does no good to anyone to be so negative. This staff to its credit has told us all along what our deficiencies are. They try to make in game adjustments based on what the other team is doing and our guys do their best to execute.

I look for in the future a lot of the same things to occur with more speed and a few better athletes. How quickly we forget the similar things that plagues coach Osborne. Listen to those players. It took the major disappointment of being heartbroken by FSU to say enough is enough. Then boom!!! A dynasty was born. Relax, grab some popcorn, beer, and some support and give it a chance to play out. If your coach said you were a loser and you gave up, where would you be? Not a champion then that's for sure, but you were given a chance to get better and you did. These young men deserve to same opportunity.

• Fire 2

Agree with this. A dimension I also saw with this game was a psychological one. Even if you don't remember the long history between the programs, this was a revenge game for Miami at home, with the coach on the hot seat. We lost Ameer and quite a few others who played Miami last year. Westerkamp and Tommy played like they remembered last year. We had a lot of freshman playing. Excusable or not I think psychologically the first quarter Miami definitely had an edge. After we adjusted in the secondary and the bleeding stopped the teams played more evenly.

I don't want to see us start out flat again, but there were some unique factors to this game that I just don't see on the rest of the schedule.

Agree with this. A dimension I also saw with this game was a psychological one. Even if you don't remember the long history between the programs, this was a revenge game for Miami at home, with the coach on the hot seat. We lost Ameer and quite a few others who played Miami last year. Westerkamp and Tommy played like they remembered last year. We had a lot of freshman playing. Excusable or not I think psychologically the first quarter Miami definitely had an edge. After we adjusted in the secondary and the bleeding stopped the teams played more evenly.

I don't want to see us start out flat again, but there were some unique factors to this game that I just don't see on the rest of the schedule.

If the roles are reversed against the cheese, we are a happy fan base...

Yeah, this was a unique match up that had many rare dimensions. I'm proud of the way the Huskers fought back through it all.

And for a Husker fan to think Miami took their foot off the gas, how is that they kept throwing the ball?

Their biggest mistake was to keep flinging it when they were up 33-10. If they would have just ground it out and burn the clock with Yearby, they probably would have won by a decent margin w/o all the drama. But you can count on Golden to keep your own team in the game, though. Miami's letdown and gaffs in the 2nd half were some of the more bizarre I have seen in some time. Reminded me of the old(or recent) Chicago Bears.

Agreed. They were getting running yards, so why not slow the game down? Did Golden know his team would quit while ahead if he didn't try to keep the hammer down?

There are a lot of positives, and Tommy Armstrong is #1 on my list. He's the only reason we didn't get beat by 40.

Unfortunately, there are a few negatives that I just can't get over.

1) The largest concern is the defense. Regardless of Miami's speed and talent at WR, they moved the ball at will against our defense until the 4th quarter. Lots of improvement needs to be made this year, or Banker ought to be on his way out the door.

2) Second largest concern is the running game. First, there still seems to be very little commitment by the coaching staff at running the ball. Second, I'm pretty unimpressed with Newby. Cross looks much more like an every-down runner and actually hits the hole hard. I'd really like to know why Wilbon hasn't even been given a chance the last couple games, since he looked like the best runner in game 1. We've got to figure this thing out, because there's no reason we can't line up and run the ball against Miami and BYU consistently.

There are a lot of positives, and Tommy Armstrong is #1 on my list. He's the only reason we didn't get beat by 40.

1) The largest concern is the defense. Regardless of Miami's speed and talent at WR, they moved the ball at will against our defense until the 4th quarter. Lots of improvement needs to be made this year, or Banker ought to be on his way out the door.

2) Second largest concern is the running game. First, there still seems to be very little commitment by the coaching staff at running the ball. Second, I'm pretty unimpressed with Newby. Cross looks much more like an every-down runner and actually hits the hole hard. I'd really like to know why Wilbon hasn't even been given a chance the last couple games, since he looked like the best runner in game 1. We've got to figure this thing out, because there's no reason we can't line up and run the ball against Miami and BYU consistently.

I'm sure Wilbon isn't playing because the coaches are determined to lose games and divide the whole team and fan base in the process. Seriously, why do so many people seem to have such a fetish for Wilbon? I'm sure there's a reason he's not playing, such as the reason coaches gave that he needs to get better with pass pro.

I'm sure Wilbon isn't playing because the coaches are determined to lose games and divide the whole team and fan base in the process. Seriously, why do so many people seem to have such a fetish for Wilbon? I'm sure there's a reason he's not playing, such as the reason coaches gave that he needs to get better with pass pro.

It's not a fetish with Wilbon. It's that Newby has looked hesitant to hit the holes, and giving Wilbon (who showed great flashes in game 1) a shot to see what he can do with more carries seems like a logical thing to do. It's not a fetish with Wilbon, it's me not quite understanding the coaches' fetish with Newby.

And for a Husker fan to think Miami took their foot off the gas, how is that they kept throwing the ball?

Their biggest mistake was to keep flinging it when they were up 33-10. If they would have just ground it out and burn the clock with Yearby, they probably would have won by a decent margin w/o all the drama. But you can count on Golden to keep your own team in the game, though. Miami's letdown and gaffs in the 2nd half were some of the more bizarre I have seen in some time. Reminded me of the old(or recent) Chicago Bears.

I felt as though Miami almost lost as opposed to we almost won. Golden pulled a Pinkle and almost lost the game IMO.

Well, they left about 2 TDs on the field due to their boneheaded mistakes: the pick in the endzone and the penalty that called back that short TD run. Lucky for us. I thought we fought back hard though in the 4th. Things finally started clicking.

I felt as though Miami almost lost as opposed to we almost won. Golden pulled a Pinkle and almost lost the game IMO.

Well, Miami left about 2 TDs on the field due to their boneheaded mistakes: the pick in the endzone and the penalty that called back that short TD run. Lucky for us. I thought we fought back hard though in the 4th. Things finally started clicking.

Agreed. They were getting running yards, so why not slow the game down? Did Golden know his team would quit while ahead if he didn't try to keep the hammer down?

I think Golden is fairly clueless, quite frankly.

It's not a fetish with Wilbon. It's that Newby has looked hesitant to hit the holes, and giving Wilbon (who showed great flashes in game 1) a shot to see what he can do with more carries seems like a logical thing to do. It's not a fetish with Wilbon, it's me not quite understanding the coaches' fetish with Newby.

Exactly. I think Newby has a lot of potential, but thus far, it's been kind of painful to watch. It's like he's trying to be too pretty rather than just blowing by guys. He did a good job following his blockers in this and the S.A. game but there were multiple times he could've had much more if he was more decisive.