I'm feeling good

Neuman1

I don't like to see the Huskers lose, but I feel pretty good about the comeback. Tail of two halves. After Miami scored a minute into the 3rd to make it 27-3, the Huskers fought their way back. I credit the Huskers for outscoring Miami 30-6 to send it into overtime. In fact, Miami only scored 3 touchdowns all game, and did not get into the end zone after that early 3rd quarter TD run. That's impressive. The defense made pivotal stops and forced FG attempts. The offense kept at it and finally got some momentum to build on.

And if Miami could have scored more touchdowns, they would have. But they didn't and couldn't. Even in OT.

The OT pass was a heartbreaker. Not just as a fan, but for Tommy and the team. I can't say who would of won if the Miami player dropped the INT, but I really think the Huskers win because of the momentum was in their favor.

Penalties, dropped passes, turnovers, and giving up some big plays was brutal. Not happy that those things happened. However, I think there is a lot on tape to see how good this team can be moving forward. Those things added up enough to fall short. Eliminate a lot of mistakes by the team and they have a shot at the division in the B1G. But they're going to have to prove they can clean up those mistakes every week moving forward. If they can't, then say adios for the chance to win the division once again.

No. This is a game we would have won years prior. Like last year. When we won.

I don't get this line of thinking. It's a bullsh#t straw man, and it's starting to get old.

More or less of a straw man than this weird perspective where we somehow played this same game last year?

Did I say Bo would have won this year? No. I said we would have won in years prior. Like last year. I'm just tired of all the excuses and blaming of a former coach.

Who knows what Bo would have done this year. But quit saying we know he would have lost. That's all I'm saying.

I didn't say that?

I honestly have no idea what you are trying to say. From what I can tell, you are saying that if Bo coached the game yesterday, but if he coached it a year ago, then he would have won it, but if he coached it this year then ????

If you want people to quit saying they know we would have lost this game under Bo then you should probably quit saying that you know we would have won it.

I never said we would have won. Jesus dude. I replied to someone saying we would have lost in previous years. A provably false statement.

Not sure if you seen the game, but we did lose. My comment was for / and to the title of this thread "I'm feeling good" I'm sorry if some are still butt hurt about bo, but reality is his team laid down in games like this and it is my honest opinion that we lose that game 50-10 under bo.

If I'm upset about anything is not holding our actual coach accountable. You've convinced yourself that a coach that beat Miami last year would have lost by 40. That's cool bro.

I'm not playing that game. This loss sucked. It didn't suck as much as it should have because of Miami taking its foot off the gas.

Sure I liked Bo, but this idea that I'm butt hurt about Bo getting fired is laughable. I haven't said anything that would allude to this. I dare you to find it.

I'm just tired of the excuses and rewriting of history.

It's just a poor argument that people use as a defense mechanism when they don't really have anything to say. They did it with Bo/Bill Callahan too.

Not sure how this is a defense mech, I said I felt good about the comeback and you and mo decide its some "strawman" conspiracy? Is this the word of the month on both of your calendars? The fact that your getting so jacked about the "Bo" thing only begs the argument that its true. And what history is being "rewritten" bo was notorious for his blow out losses, that sir IS history!

One of the craziest games I've ever seen. I nearly thru in the towel somewhere in the late 3rd qtr, but The U seemed committed to handing us back the game and I know our team never quits. The comeback was pretty amazing and I just wish it wouldn't have ended the way it did. Tommy, especially, deserved the win, and I feel bad for the kid. He'll be back, though, and I admire that. He's markedly better this year, credit to Langsford and Riley.

Highly frustrating game most of the way and extremely entertaining the last qtr. ABC/ESPN has really gotten their $'s worth from NU games so far this year.

I hope Riley and the team start winning some of these.

GBR

And for a Husker fan to think Miami took their foot off the gas, how is that they kept throwing the ball? They sure didn't stop tackling or making hits.

I was very impressed with Brandon Reilly, Westerkamp, Morgan Stanley and Alonzo Moore making plays down the stretch. Reilly got whacked twice; He went up for the TD catch in the middle of the field and knew he was going to get drilled - and held onto the ball and scored. Got whacked pretty good there. The other was the helmet to helmet sideline catch. How he held onto the ball in the biggest moment is unbelievable. Westy kept making plays and took a lot of hits after the catch too. Converted a huge two point conversion. He even did a nice job filling in for DPE on returns. Morgan Stanely - true freshmen? Wow. He redeemed himself by making several big catches. That touchdown to cut the game to 2 was great. He looked for the ball, found it, went up and got while being mugged. I thought I saw Moore drop one. He shook it off and later made a nice catch and run for a TD.

Miami never quit hitting. They mixed in some runs but did not stop throwing and trying to score. This was a revenge game for them from last year. Their kicker was 4 for 4 and could have been trotted out for the OT kick right away. But Miami wanted to score a TD badly - and still couldn't! No matter how close they came - several times - the defense knuckled down. They can blame their own stupid penalties that got in their way, but it was also credit to the Husker defense and to the offense for their will to keep playing hard.

Tommy played well and his will is strong. I don't recall Miami's QB running for his life, but several times TA had to.

I did not see desperation play calling with the game being lopsided on the scoreboard. No repeated heave attempt, hoping for a catch or pass interference call being drawn. Instead, this team stuck to their plays and moved the ball by performing better. That's encouraging.

Just got to give the Huskers some credit for where it was due. And that Miami never let up as much as I keep reading that they did.

The team did not quit in the two losses. I have hope although they won't have a 9 win season if they continue to play like the first three games.

We have a defense that thinks tackling around the shoulder pads is okay. How many times do we see lineman and linebackers tackling high and getting dragged for 3 yards after contact. They don't appear to react quickly on the line. I think this is a problem for coaches not emphasizing basic fundamentals and having enough full speed contact drills and scrimmages.

I don't know exactly what to say about the defensive secondary. It just is not working. It may old grapes but I wish we had Marvin Sanders back. Our linebackers don't seem to have a major impact on the defense. Against BYU, our defensive line made their charges but failed to maintain their lanes and the linebackers were ??. In the last game, they maintained their lanes and did put some pressure on the QB but not enough.

The offense has showed itself to be self destructive in short stretches and then come back too late. The offensive line appears to be too slow for wide runs and don't get out quick enough for interior runs. I don't think Newby is the inside runner or a power runner. Armstrong is a gifted athelete but continues to have poor throwing mechanics in the drop back role. He has good passing stats on occasion but I don't thing good enough for a Wisconsin, Michigan State or Ohio State. I think Newby may be a good Johnny Rodgers wingback and Armstrong might be best used as a running back

I would like to see Riley go back to an I formation power attach with some increased passing plays and misdirection plays in addition to option. I don't know if our line could support it but they don't seem to have much success now and especially with influence blocking for read runs.

Until Riley solves the problem of poor offensive line and weak defensive backfield, we will continue to be a good team but not a great team. In fairness, Riley was hurt by the recruits who left when Peliini and his assistants were fired.

I will always be a Husker fan but Saturday afternoons have been harder to live with since the Solich-Callahan era.

And for a Husker fan to think Miami took their foot off the gas, how is that they kept throwing the ball?

Their biggest mistake was to keep flinging it when they were up 33-10. If they would have just ground it out and burn the clock with Yearby, they probably would have won by a decent margin w/o all the drama. But you can count on Golden to keep your own team in the game, though. Miami's letdown and gaffs in the 2nd half were some of the more bizarre I have seen in some time. Reminded me of the old(or recent) Chicago Bears.

I never said we would have won. Jesus dude. I replied to someone saying we would have lost in previous years. A provably false statement.

No. This is a game we would have won years prior.

oh ok

You really stretching man and you know it. It's telling you left off the next part. That we won LAST YEAR.

As I've already said in this thread, we don't know if Bo wins the game this year but you can't honestly state we know he would have lost.

Stop trying to start a stupid fight by taking what I say out of context.

we don't know if Bo wins the game this year but you can't honestly state we know he would have lost.

duh

Are you drunk or just feisty? That's what I've been saying this whole time. And only because many people on this board keep throwing out the "Bo would have lost this too" argument.

we don't know if Bo wins the game this year but you can't honestly state we know he would have lost.

duh

Are you drunk or just feisty? That's what I've been saying this whole time.

No, and I recommend this back and forth stops. Your words are being stretched a little, and I get what you're trying to say: you're saying there's no way to guarantee a win or a loss with a different coaching staff, but in doing so you're saying that we won this game last year. Sort of implies that you think we would've won it this year.

I can't feel good about being 1-2. I want to be ranked. BYU and Miami are not top 10 teams. We should have one at least one of the games. The sad thing is we had 12 penalties in both games.

No moral victories. A win by one loss is still a win. A loss in OT or a hail Mary is a loss. Thats the whole friggin problem. This team and fan base is looking for moral victories.... BS. We now start looking at "moral" victories as a win? No wonder we got 12 penalties......

I remember years ago, playing spirit football. I must have been 10-11. We go to the awards banquet. Coach points to the conference champs. Says you know why they are sitting there? They are winners. We are here because we are losers. You want to be a winner come back next year. I did and we won..... My point being, he didn't teach moral victories he taught that there were winners and losers.........

We were one of the most dominant dynasties in the history of college football. We should never be satisfied or justified with almost winning. Hell even Bo's teams had some great comebacks. If I could find threads form last year, you'd still see the same "these guys didn't quit" stuff. Thats true, it's great they didn't. BUT NU shouldn't be 20+ points behind. We shouldn't have the pace of the game dictated to us.

And for a Husker fan to think Miami took their foot off the gas, how is that they kept throwing the ball?

Their biggest mistake was to keep flinging it when they were up 33-10. If they would have just ground it out and burn the clock with Yearby, they probably would have won by a decent margin w/o all the drama. But you can count on Golden to keep your own team in the game, though. Miami's letdown and gaffs in the 2nd half were some of the more bizarre I have seen in some time. Reminded me of the old(or recent) Chicago Bears.

I felt as though Miami almost lost as opposed to we almost won. Golden pulled a Pinkle and almost lost the game IMO.