I'm feeling good

Neuman1

No. This is a game we would have won years prior. Like last year. When we won.

I don't get this line of thinking. It's a bullsh#t straw man, and it's starting to get old.

More or less of a straw man than this weird perspective where we somehow played this same game last year?

Did I say Bo would have won this year? No. I said we would have won in years prior. Like last year. I'm just tired of all the excuses and blaming of a former coach.

Who knows what Bo would have done this year. But quit saying we know he would have lost. That's all I'm saying.

I didn't say that?

I honestly have no idea what you are trying to say. From what I can tell, you are saying that if Bo coached the game yesterday, but if he coached it a year ago, then he would have won it, but if he coached it this year then ????

If you want people to quit saying they know we would have lost this game under Bo then you should probably quit saying that you know we would have won it.

I never said we would have won. Jesus dude. I replied to someone saying we would have lost in previous years. A provably false statement.

I'm not feeling very good right now. I had a lot of hope in the new staff. I thought that their experience would be key to improving the team. However, I am beginning to think their "experience" may lead to their down fall. Riley and his staff are who they are. They aren't going to be "learning new things". Riley's teams have always had penalty problems and we are seeing that already at NU. Riley going 6-6 at Oregon State may be considered a success, but that isn't acceptable at NU, and that's where NU is headed for this year.

• Fire 1

There is nothing to feel good about. We have become a joke. Well...we've been a joke since the turn of the century. Turning Nebraska into Oregon State is nothing to feel good about. Unless you want to feel good about barely or almost making a bowl, or feeling good about "the kids playing with heart", you know, b/c all other FBS schools don't play with heart.

By the way, I'd like to know where the heart was during the first three quarters, b/c I didn't see it. And even when the players found their hearts, I didn't see a coaching staff that ever found their hearts.

Face it, this crew is an assclown circus, bringing their assclown ways from Corvallis to Nebraska. Get ready to, instead of hoping for championships, start hoping we make a bowl game via a .500 record every year.

Our program is one of the laughing stocks of college football now, coached by a clown crew, and headed by a clown AD.

Did you see our sideline during the game. Mike Riley stands there with his mouth open like and 80 year old patient. Mark Banker looks like used car salesman. Cavanagh is a mess. 90% of the rest of the staff is fat, bearded, and sloppy. It was a joke.

At lest Al Golden wears a tie. Oh, and despite his negative press, he recruits well and his team is 3-0.

someone is standing by the road crying as the winners go by

• Fire 1

I'm in no mood for sunshine-pumping today.

The sad truth is that this year's team is looking an awful lot like last year's team, and 2013's team, and 2012's team. I was optimistic Riley and his staff had worked some kind of magic during the offseason, and a few players and groups are much better, but it's still the same old team making a lot of the same old mistakes. This team will likely be a runner-up or second runner-up in the West division. Again. They'll probably finish with four or more losses. Again.

if you were expecting this staff to come into this toxic situation and immediately surpass the previous staffs cap in wins, thats on you. Your disappointment is your own fault. I predicted a2-2 start and 9-4 finish and am sticking to it and wont be disappointed. I wont be staified either. But i also dont tjink its necessary to call such a thing thats on par with the previous 4-5 seasons a disaster either.

I don't get this line of thinking. It's a bullsh#t straw man, and it's starting to get old.

More or less of a straw man than this weird perspective where we somehow played this same game last year?

Did I say Bo would have won this year? No. I said we would have won in years prior. Like last year. I'm just tired of all the excuses and blaming of a former coach.

Who knows what Bo would have done this year. But quit saying we know he would have lost. That's all I'm saying.

I didn't say that?

I honestly have no idea what you are trying to say. From what I can tell, you are saying that if Bo coached the game yesterday, but if he coached it a year ago, then he would have won it, but if he coached it this year then ????

If you want people to quit saying they know we would have lost this game under Bo then you should probably quit saying that you know we would have won it.

I never said we would have won. Jesus dude. I replied to someone saying we would have lost in previous years. A provably false statement.

Not sure if you seen the game, but we did lose. My comment was for / and to the title of this thread "I'm feeling good" I'm sorry if some are still butt hurt about bo, but reality is his team laid down in games like this and it is my honest opinion that we lose that game 50-10 under bo.

I'm not feeling very good right now. I had a lot of hope in the new staff. I thought that their experience would be key to improving the team. However, I am beginning to think their "experience" may lead to their down fall. Riley and his staff are who they are. They aren't going to be "learning new things". Riley's teams have always had penalty problems and we are seeing that already at NU. Riley going 6-6 at Oregon State may be considered a success, but that isn't acceptable at NU, and that's where NU is headed for this year.

My god how do some of you get though life with such a need for instant gratification? This is a new staff with a new scheme pieced together with kids that are learning new formations. get a grip, it isn't going to turn around with 20 practices and 3 games!

• Fire 2

Not sure if you seen the game, but we did lose. My comment was for / and to the title of this thread "I'm feeling good" I'm sorry if some are still butt hurt about bo, but reality is his team laid down in games like this and it is my honest opinion that we lose that game 50-10 under bo.

The mistake in your line of thinking is assuming that anyone who isn't "feeling good" is because they are "butt hurt about Bo." It's a ridiculous stance, and one that doesn't engender itself to productive conversation.

• Fire 2

We lost to a team coached by a guy whose fans paid for planes to circle the stadium and have him fired.

I don't feel good.

:yeah

I feel like a rug that the dog has been dragging his a$$ across all day. Questions abound and expectations seem a futile exercise.

We have met the enemy and he is us. Direct that any way you want and it'll still probably be true. :rickjames

The mistake in your line of thinking is assuming that anyone who isn't "feeling good" is because they are "butt hurt about Bo." It's a ridiculous stance, and one that doesn't engender itself to productive conversation.

sorry my opinion doesn't lend to your conversation, guess that's your problem!

EDIT: and never once did I make the bo/feel good comparison - you did!

sorry my opinion doesn't lend to your conversation, guess that's your problem!

Yeah, see, I was talking about the overall conversation. But if you want to continue with your fallacious strawman building to try to prove a point, so be it.

I didn't say that?

If I'm upset about anything is not holding our actual coach accountable. You've convinced yourself that a coach that beat Miami last year would have lost by 40. That's cool bro.

I'm not playing that game. This loss sucked. It didn't suck as much as it should have because of Miami taking its foot off the gas.

Sure I liked Bo, but this idea that I'm butt hurt about Bo getting fired is laughable. I haven't said anything that would allude to this. I dare you to find it.

I'm just tired of the excuses and rewriting of history.

• Fire 2

I didn't say that?

If I'm upset about anything is not holding our actual coach accountable. You've convinced yourself that a coach that beat Miami last year would have lost by 40. That's cool bro.

I'm not playing that game. This loss sucked. It didn't suck as much as it should have because of Miami taking its foot off the gas.

Sure I liked Bo, but this idea that I'm butt hurt about Bo getting fired is laughable. I haven't said anything that would allude to this. I dare you to find it.

I'm just tired of the excuses and rewriting of history.

It's just a poor argument that people use as a defense mechanism when they don't really have anything to say. They did it with Bo/Bill Callahan too.