***Southern Miss Game Discussion***

Guys get ready for it. 4 or 5 wins at best this season.

Lord knows what after that. probably something close to .504

Go away.

Can't handle the truth, I see

There's zero truth to anything you say. You are just full of negativity. Find another team to follow in the meantime since you hate Riley and this staff so much.

It's 4 games into a completely new scheme. Chill the F out.

The negativity with Husker fans the last 10 years is sickening.​

So are delusional fans who only want a nice coach.. It's ok to expect more from your coaches. they may be 2-2 but they very easily could be 1-3... I think we would need to go back into early 60's to find another NU team with a 1-3 start...

it will be interesting to see how the apologist attempt to defend Riley and Co....

lets hear it..

The same way the bolievers defended bo for his final 5 seasons?
not defending Bo (honestly that is a very old argument now since he is gone). He managed to lose big way more then he should have and his behavior was not good.

Never said you were. However no reason to defend someone who hasn't even been given a chance to coach half a season here.

Example:

You have a 12 question test, you go 2-2 on the first 4 questions. You still have 8 questions left to pass the test.

10-2 an upset of tOSU for the B1G title followed by a Rose Bowl win over UCLA and a 12-2 season to use as a springboard to the NC next year

Go away.

There's zero truth to anything you say. You are just full of negativity. Find another team to follow in the meantime since you hate Riley and this staff so much.

So are delusional fans who only want a nice coach.. It's ok to expect more from your coaches. they may be 2-2 but they very easily could be 1-3... I think we would need to go back into early 60's to find another NU team with a 1-3 start...

And could just as easily be 4-0 shut it down man. Step away from the keyboard take a brisk walk to the park, yell at some kids and then come back and tell us how you feel

it will be interesting to see how the apologist attempt to defend Riley and Co....

lets hear it..

not defending Bo (honestly that is a very old argument now since he is gone). He managed to lose big way more then he should have and his behavior was not good.
Never said you were. However no reason to defend someone who hasn't even been given a chance to coach half a season here.

Example:

You have a 12 question test, you go 2-2 on the first 4 questions. You still have 8 questions left to pass the test.

10-2 an upset of tOSU for the B1G title followed by a Rose Bowl win over UCLA and a 12-2 season to use as a springboard to the NC next year

Hahahahaha. As much as I would love it, I think opposing teams have figured out the forward pass. Apparently there is no stopping it.

lets hear it..

Example:

This isn't a college (or high school) test. what I saw today was a group of coaches that was way out coached. This should not be happening at NU. while they do have 8 more questions left on their test, I fully see at least four more incorrect answers and possible 6. the ones I see are, Mich. St, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Northwestern. the two others, Iowa and possibly Illinois depending on if they show up and play..

This team really looked unprepared on defense.. it does remind me of Kevin Cosgrove's defenses way more than it should.

lets hear it..

Example:

Hahahahaha. As much as I would love it, I think opposing teams have figured out the forward pass. Apparently there is no stopping it.

I got called Negative Nancy earlier when I wondered about getting to 6 wins. I want to be Optimistic Ollie now

How long until O'Brien de-commits?

Langsdorf has turned Tommy Armstrong into a potential NFL draft pick...our offense is great for QB's

Banker has turned three others into sure-fire NFL draft picks

How did Banker get into the conversation? If you saw what Langsdorf did with Eli Manning last year you'd know the guy can work wonders with quarterbacks. Therefore if I'm O'Brien why would I want to decommit from a team that has a really good quarterback coach?

Go away.

And could just as easily be 4-0 shut it down man. Step away from the keyboard take a brisk walk to the park, yell at some kids and then come back and tell us how you feel

I guess we cannot spell Mike RieLLLLLLy without several "L's".

Just 2

you miss the point, they should never have been close enough to let the other team back into the game/lose. The staff is repeatedly out coached.. that is the point. the head man came from a school that lost way more then they ever won. I don't buy in the little school notion simply because he had the keys to an NFL team and got fired there because he was WAY under 500. The San Diego Charges have way more resources than OR. ST and he couldn't get it done there. I see nothing in his College or professional coaching career that suggests he is a coach that could recruit the talent needed to win conference championships much less national ones..

step away from the cool-aid. get a glass of water and open your eyes...

Langsdorf has turned Tommy Armstrong into a potential NFL draft pick...our offense is great for QB's

How did Banker get into the conversation? If you saw what Langsdorf did with Eli Manning last year you'd know the guy can work wonders with quarterbacks. Therefore if I'm O'Brien why would I want to decommit from a team that has a really good quarterback coach?

I brought him up as a tongue-in-cheek reference to making the opposing QB's look great, that's all.

• Fire 2

I brought him up as a tongue-in-cheek reference to making the opposing QB's look great, that's all.

Ah yep just did the math and I get it now, my bad

Ah yep just did the math and I get it now, my bad

Mine, too, message boards get confusing in a hurry sometimes

I guess we cannot spell Mike RieLLLLLLy without several "L's".

Just 2

you miss the point, they should never have been close enough to let the other team back into the game/lose. The staff is repeatedly out coached.. that is the point. the head man came from a school that lost way more then they ever won. I don't buy in the little school notion simply because he had the keys to an NFL team and got fired there because he was WAY under 500. The San Diego Charges have way more resources than OR. ST and he couldn't get it done there. I see nothing in his College or professional coaching career that suggests he is a coach that could recruit the talent needed to win conference championships much less national ones..

step away from the cool-aid. get a glass of water and open your eyes...

Remember when I told you that you can't compare resources between an NFL organization, whose job it is to cater solely to football and a college football team, who is only part of a larger athletics program? If you can't, let me post it here for you.

1) You can't make a comparison of resources between the NFL and the NCAA.

2) I don't know if you're forgetting that lesser funded/smaller programs tend to also play other lesser funded/smaller programs. I get your point, but I just want to bring light to that. It should give you an indication of how a coach fares against like competition, but Riley's record isn't a product of winning slightly over 50% of his games against like competition. There's greater disparity in capacity between each of the schools in the P5 than against other conferences, and Riley was on the lower end of that spectrum in the Pac 10/2 in his career.

Well, my points still stand.