Freedom v Gangwish

The more film I watch on McMullen, the more I realize how little he helps the defense. Valentine needs to get healthy and Greg should find a nice spot on the bench.

Do you really sit down and watch film on the Huskers?

Its really video, but that is progress for ya. Those new fangled contraptions just keep popping up everywhere.

Are you part of the staff? Do you get paid to do that?

The more film I watch on McMullen, the more I realize how little he helps the defense. Valentine needs to get healthy and Greg should find a nice spot on the bench.

Its really video, but that is progress for ya. Those new fangled contraptions just keep popping up everywhere.

no, my son is a football coach and he has shown me what to look for.

It's kind of crazy to speculate that a player is out there tanking it rather than taking pride in playing for Nebraska. But if the effort or level of play isn't there, then there needs to be a change, right? If the defense needs a player out there who competes with fire and this is lacking, then a switch should be made. If they're fine with his role or can carve out a new one for him, great. If not, fair's fair.

I personally don't know if pride in playing for Nebraska really has a ton of impact here. For some guys I think pride is always there. Guys like Gangwish, for example. And yes, I'm sure many of the players certainly take pride in where they're playing. But, on 3rd and 3 with a chance to get off the field and get the ball back to the offense, I doubt one of the things going through any player's mind is how much pride they have for being a Husker. Or on 1st and 10, when you've just been torched for two straight big pass plays. I don't think pride is an overwhelming emotion. Same with in practice. Pride, to me, is an umbrella mentality that people think about when evaluating themselves or a circumstance. I take a lot of pride in my work but it's definitely one of the last things on my mind every day, personally. I just want to get my job done right.

As a side note, one thing being thrown around a bit is player adaptability to the new scheme. Some of the guys are being taught to do certain things and some of them aren't having much success. It's one thing for a coach to say 'do this and that will happen,' but when you do 'this' and 'that' doesn't happen, you may start to question the scheme and what your coaches are asking. It could in turn lead to doubt in yourself and the direction you're going.

Just something else to think about.

• Fire 1

Sorry, just goofing. I'm sure I do a ton of time wasting endeavors that others would find odd.

The only thing with "breaking down film" is that as fans, we don't have the play call/design at our fingertips, so we don't know the responsibilities for all 22 guys on the field.

• Fire 1

Wow let's pump the brakes on implying anything with McMullen visiting Bo. The insinuation is that McMullen is intentionally sandbagging because of some Bo Pelini influence. I wouldn't expect such a conspiracy from either guy, and I'd need more than a little proof to believe it.We have no idea what kind of relationship Bo & McMullen have. Maybe it's deeper than football. Maybe McMullen needed something and Bo could provide it. Who knows, and really, who cares?To go from an offseason get-together to any kind of "dogging it" implication is way too far to go. Let's let that idea just die, mmmkay?

im not insinuating to that extreme. But the guys not putting in necessary effort. Its obvious. Just watch. Its every play. He went and saw Bo in spring. Thats significant to me. He shows up overweight. So the offseason effort isnt there. Now. Its not a horrible thing. Its his perogative. He can do what he wishes. But its obvious his heart is not in this thing with the new staff. Why assume that? He visited his old coach 6 months ago. So be it. But theres nothin wrong with pointing it out. And at this point if his desire and effort dont ridiculously improve, its time to sit. Im not condemning the guy. Im calling like it is based on facts. Like when i called Gangwish a mediocre DE. Its not hate. Its observation. Now i cant wait for gamgwish to return. Which shows how lacking Mcmullens effort is and how thin the position is.Basically, mcmullen is probably having a lot of doubts about whats going on. It is what it is. And i fully suspect about half the team is as well. Hell. Look how polarizing and divisive Pelini has been amongst the fans. I guarantee therr are issues in the lockerroom as well thats contributing to this teams obvious lack of mental toughness.Alex lewis. Greg mcmullen. Its there. And its just a common byproduct of a coaching change. Basically just a big excuse for Riley. Just like we did for Bo and for Callahan.
There's no other way to connect the dots you're laying down than to create a picture of McMullen giving less than 100% effort because of something to do with Bo.McMullen may have visited with Bo during the offseason.McMullen may not be performing to the best of his abilities right now.I would just caution linking those two very disparate things, for obvious reasons. I don't think you're throwing mud at McMullen, but others with less integrity might.
i see the team struggling with the change. Both in scheme, and desire. Obviously some more than others. And some not at all. But some are. And its obvious. And i think Greg is one of those guys. So to me its a significant point. His heart may just not be in with this nee bunch. And its a pretty common theme with coaching changes everehere. Our issue here is lavk of options at Dend is going to keep his play on the field instead of being shuffled back in a "next man up" scenarion

Im glad you know im throwin mud at him about this and inderstand its my observation in putting the pieces together. Wouldnt expect anything less.

Im glad you know im throwin mud at him about this and inderstand its my observation in putting the pieces together. Wouldnt expect anything less.

To be clear because I'm not sure if this is a typo or a misread, but I'm saying you AREN'T throwing mud at McMullen. Sorry if that's pedantic, but I want to be clear I'm not accusing you of that.

Sorry, just goofing. I'm sure I do a ton of time wasting endeavors that others would find odd.

The only thing with "breaking down film" is that as fans, we don't have the play call/design at our fingertips, so we don't know the responsibilities for all 22 guys on the field.

No, but if you have the experience cutting up film...you at least have an idea. I don't watch film of Nebraska or Oregon. My favorite teams. I record and watch film on Georgia Tech....starting to look at Air Force as well now.

It's more fun than watching dancing with the stars with my wife. Another reason I have an office now at our new place. :P

I've also been watching Ohio State from 2014 because I liked what they do from the spread. Oregon in the Chip era. Navy a little here and there

To be clear because I'm not sure if this is a typo or a misread, but I'm saying you AREN'T throwing mud at McMullen. Sorry if that's pedantic, but I want to be clear I'm not accusing you of that.
kreist. My bad. Yes. That should say "not".

This happens a lot. I swear my smartphone leaves out words.

And its amazing how 3 stupid letters in this language can change the entire context of a comment, and thus an entire conversation

And its amazing how 3 stupid letters in this language can change the entire context of a comment, and thus an entire conversation

You damned apostrophists and your difficulty with English. :lol:

You damned apostrophists and your difficulty with English. :lol:

id laugh at this if it werent true.