Riley/Langsdorf's Offense is Callahan 2.0

Tommy mismanaged the Qb bootleg sweep! That is the play that was called. Safest play you could call in that situation. The correct call for that situation. A three year starter should not have screwed it up. The coaches could not have known that he screwed up the call in the huddle. He admitted he did so there ya go. Pay attention will ya.

giphy.gif

I know, ya got nothing! that's ok I already said all there is to say.

Yup, you said it. You keep fighting that fight and throwing the players under the bus.

• Fire 2

Tommy mismanaged the Qb bootleg sweep! That is the play that was called. Safest play you could call in that situation. The correct call for that situation. A three year starter should not have screwed it up. The coaches could not have known that he screwed up the call in the huddle. He admitted he did so there ya go. Pay attention will ya.

giphy.gif
Bunk is great!!!

giphy.gif

Yup, you said it. You keep fighting that fight and throwing the players under the bus.

Just bringin the facts to those that don't know them or refuse to acknowledge them. That is what I do.

I find it comical that people use Callahan and Cozgrove as their examples of poor offense and defense when Bill's offense was better than Frank's or Bo's and Bo's defenses put of 7 of the top 10 worst performances in school history. That doesn't mean that Bill/Coz didn't suck but I find it funny that just because TO picked Frank and Bo that they get a pass. When the truth is that all three sucked (with most of the blame going to Frank for putting us in this situation in the first place) and it isn't looking good for this staff at the present time either.

the current defensive staff's statistics are actually far worse then Cosgrove's. How was that possible? Tommy with his inconsistency and all still makes these offensive coaches look better then they are.

I am not happy that Riley threw Tommy under the bus over that third down play. If he only wanted to run the ball, call a trap play or jet sweep. don't blame the kid for your mistakes as a coach.

Wise up! Riley/Langsdorf called a Qb bootleg sweep, the next safest play in football next to a kneel down in victory formation. Tommy mucked it up. It is just that simple. He falls down and the game is over. It was the correct call for the situation.
You should probably pay attention, they called a pass play and tagged it as a run, which they had never done before. It was so confusing that the OL was in pass pro and his supposed lead blocker thought it was a pass play. Supposedly the coaches could tell by Carter not going in motion that the play was wrong, but they failed to call a time out and get the call right.

Apparently Tommy was trying to make the play so set up the FG that he ( and many people) thought would come up on the next down.

The staff failed to communicate their plan properly. And this is with 3 time outs and a minute left. They absolutely lost this game with mismanagement.

giphy.gif

Radar is convinced there's nothing safer than a bootleg. In fact coaches are so impressed from watching how safe the play was this weekend they are taking the QB kneel completely out of the playbook and replacing it with the bootleg. Congrats Radar, your campaign worked!

• Fire 4

giphy.gif

Just bringin the facts to those that don't know them or refuse to acknowledge them. That is what I do.

Facts are supported by verifiable data and your opinion is not a fact.

• Fire 1

Excellent!

In accordance with this proclamation and all preceding statements leading up to it, I will inform the NCAA to change Nebraska's W-L record to reflect the fact that this was indeed a game winning play.

giphy.gif

Didn't 2 coaches and the QB say the play was run incorrectly?

giphy.gif

Yeah, and? They got to the line too late, at least 2 different guys thought it was a pass, the staff didn't call a timeout, and it was simple too cute for the time and position they were in. Way too many variables that went wrong. Saying it was the safest play you could call is beyond wrong, it's borderline delusional. Run an I-Form ISO play, take a timeout when the play clock hits zero, leaving 15 (or less) seconds on the clock. Then, pooch, kick a fg, or just go for another run play, and you're giving them, at best, 10 seconds to go 70 yards.

To sum it up how one writer put it: "Even 13 year olds playing Madden know how to ice that game."

Blaming it on the players isn't just wrong, it's akin to blaming them for the defensive failures of the last few years because "they just didn't execute". It's asinine, insulting, and pure bullsh#t.

• Fire 2

giphy.gif

Yeah, and? They got to the line too late, at least 2 different guys thought it was a pass, the staff didn't call a timeout, and it was simple too cute for the time and position they were in. Way too many variables that went wrong. Saying it was the safest play you could call is beyond wrong, it's borderline delusional. Run an I-Form ISO play, take a timeout when the play clock hits zero, leaving 15 (or less) seconds on the clock. Then, pooch, kick a fg, or just go for another run play, and you're giving them, at best, 10 seconds to go 70 yards.

To sum it up how one writer put it: "Even 13 year olds playing Madden know how to ice that game."

Blaming it on the players isn't just wrong, it's akin to blaming them for the defensive failures of the last few years because "they just didn't execute". It's asinine, insulting, and pure bullsh#t.

If the coaches call a run play and the QB throws an incomplete pass instead, how do you not hold him in some way accountable?

If the coaches call a run play and the QB throws an incomplete pass instead, how do you not hold him in some way accountable?

Obviously there was some sort of breakdown, because even if they truly called a roll-run play, it didn't get conveyed to the rest of the team. Ozigbo thought it was a pass and blows right by the guy he should have blocked and Carter just runs a route after sitting not getting the signal from Tommy to slider over and do the only thing that would give the play a chance of working.

Watch the video starting at 2:20:00: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRr0wwA3l84?t=8400

Banker comes up to Riley and points at the playclock as it runs under :10 seconds, and Tommy doesn't even get under center until there's :04 left on the playclock. They clearly didn't have enough time to get into position to execute the play. Carter is in position, watching Tommy for the signal to shift, but there wasn't enough time. At that point, Langsdorf and Riley should be fully aware that the play has zero chance of success and should have called a timeout.

So sure, if someone wants to blame Tommy (or whichever player) because they were put into a no win situation, you can certainly have that opinion, even though it's verifiably wrong.

• Fire 3

Obviously there was some sort of breakdown, because even if they truly called a roll-run play, it didn't get conveyed to the rest of the team. Ozigbo thought it was a pass and blows right by the guy he should have blocked and Carter just runs a route after sitting not getting the signal from Tommy to slider over and do the only thing that would give the play a chance of working.

Watch the video starting at 2:20:00: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRr0wwA3l84?t=8400

Banker comes up to Riley and points at the playclock as it runs under :10 seconds, and Tommy doesn't even get under center until there's :04 left on the playclock. They clearly didn't have enough time to get into position to execute the play. Carter is in position, watching Tommy for the signal to shift, but there wasn't enough time. At that point, Langsdorf and Riley should be fully aware that the play has zero chance of success and should have called a timeout. So sure, if you wanna blame Tommy because he was put into a no win situation, you can certainly have that opinion, even though it's verifiably wrong.

The success of the play comes from RUNNING THE BALL AS CALLED. He didn't even need positive yards because the clock still runs. His one job was to not throw the ball regardless of what everyone else thought was going on.

Banker comes up to Riley and points at the playclock as it runs under :10 seconds, and Tommy doesn't even get under center until there's :04 left on the playclock. They clearly didn't have enough time to get into position to execute the play. Carter is in position, watching Tommy for the signal to shift, but there wasn't enough time. At that point, Langsdorf and Riley should be fully aware that the play has zero chance of success and should have called a timeout. So sure, if you wanna blame Tommy because he was put into a no win situation, you can certainly have that opinion, even though it's verifiably wrong.

The success of the play comes from RUNNING THE BALL AS CALLED. He didn't even need positive yards because the clock still runs. His one job was to not throw the ball regardless of what everyone else thought was going on.

Again, watch the video. There was obvious confusion, and it sure seems it wasn't conveyed to everyone that this was a pure run rollout play. The play was doomed before the ball was snapped, and it's pretty easy to see why.

It's a football 101 example of overthinking a simple problem.

• Fire 1

Watch the video starting at 2:20:00:

Again, watch the video. There was obvious confusion, and it sure seems it wasn't conveyed to everyone that this was a pure run rollout play. The play was doomed before the ball was snapped, and it's pretty easy to see why.

If Tommy knows it's a designed run with the ball in his hands it doesn't really matter where the TE or RB are. Sure you want some extra blocking and protection but it doesn't negate the called run.

Watch the video starting at 2:20:00:

If Tommy knows it's a designed run with the ball in his hands it doesn't really matter where the TE or RB are. Sure you want some extra blocking and protection but it doesn't negate the called run.

Which is why I don't think he got that it was a pure run. They can say what they want in the PC, but the video shows otherwise.

Edit: Notice Carter with his head turned, waiting for the shift call.

uDjM0l.gif

Put your players in the best position to succeed. That didn't happen on Saturday.

• Fire 3