Anybody see the similarities?

I want to first preface this by saying I am a supporter of Nebraska and will continue to do so regardless of "who" the coach is. I will continue to support until I am told that there will be a change in leadership and then I will support the next guy. Mike Riley is our coach, he will be our coach until we are told he is not, and I will support him up until that point whether it is in retirement or via firing.

Now, I was drawing some interesting comparisons between us and another "blue blood" that also happens to be in the B1G, Michigan. I see Michigan as a very similar university, athletic department, school, etc. as UNL. Now for their recent history, does any of this sound eerily similar...

Rich Rod: Good coach from most accounts. Made very few friends while in Ann Arbor. Divided the fan base from those who believed him to be a good coach and those who were sick of his ego. Changed culture in several areas, left on bad terms.

Brady Hoke: Loveable coach who you could root for. Was a good look for the university and by all accounts a good coach. Just wasn't elite, but it was hard for people to not root for him. Prior to his firing the AD, who by all accounts was very corporate by nature and worries mainly about money was fired. After this and a disastrous couple of seasons that weren't embarrassing but weren't up to Michigan standard Hoke is fired with people sad to see him not succeed.

In comes the native son (to the university) QB who is a connection to the days of the Michigan Man. Hmm...sounds kinda familiar.

(Please no one tell me there is a big experience difference between the last connection, I watch football. Just thought the similarities were interesting to say the least.)

Yes, lots of similarities.

Unfortunately we have no former Super Bowl coach alumni to draw upon, and no, Frost isn't coming to save us.

Maybe Turner Gill? If we fire Riley after this season i am not sure who else will want to come here except a native son at this point.

Unfortunately we have no former Super Bowl coach alumni to draw upon, and no, Frost isn't coming to save us.

Maybe Turner Gill? If we fire Riley after this season i am not sure who else will want to come here except a native son at this point.

I like Turner, but his time at Buffalo makes me very, very leery of him as HC.

Do you mean Kansas? Gill did well at Buffalo.

Frost wouldn't call a pass play and instruct his QB not pass when trying to run out the clock.

So now we are dead set on bringing back a "Nebraska guy?" Screw that. Go out and get a proven commodity!!! Frost nor Gill are gonna help.

We need to just pony up the money. Its not about the cost, its about winning. Winning will offset the salary b/c with winning comes huge cash inflows to the program.

Frost wouldn't call a pass play and instruct his QB not pass when trying to run out the clock.

He had one winning season at Buffalo (2-10, 5-7, 7-5, and 5-7)

Crystal ball tell you that?

He had one winning season at Buffalo (2-10, 5-7, 7-5, and 5-7)

8-6 in 2008. Those are 3 very good years for Buffalo. :)

Crystal ball tell you that?

Would 99 coaches out of 100 make that call?