Commitment

RADAR

is the sell out streak in jeopardy this week?

Maybe not vs Wisconsin since many would like to see a Nebraska win vs Wisconsin.

But if the losses continue, will the streak be in jeopardy? This seems to be the one holy thing that wakes up the administration. I remember Callahan almost ruined the streak, didn't boosters have to buy a lot of tickets near the end of Callahan's run?

Coaches' fault? Players' fault? Bo's fault? Fans' fault? (Maybe the fans are partly to blame here too people? Being too critical of the individual players that, as human beings, are mistake prone now and then? Being too critical of the coahes? Perhaps the banner being pulled around above the stadium Saturday should be to fire the AD and University President/Chancel;or for hiring these coaches and not firing the previous ones much sooner? Riley may or may not be doing the job he was truly hired to do?

Husker fans are passionate to the point of becoming the butt of people's jokes around the country. I have traveled around enough to know and hear the remarks. I am one of those passionate fans and have been for over 50 years. I am very disappointed discouraged but NOT surprised I guess. Thinkgs do not bode well for Nebraska football in terms of winning lots of games and getting trophies to put in the display cases around the stadium. No matter how many more sky box seats are installed, there are foundational things beneath the stadium that need to be rebuilt. It will take decades (seriously - decades!!) to restore the order if the objective is to once again sit atop the pinnacle of college football in America. Much damage has been done to 'the program' dating all the way back to 1998. We hired the wrong coach to follow a legend. We hired the legend's best friend (maybe more like his less capable little brother). Almost immediately, 'the program' began to slip and slide down and away from its elite status. Many Nebraska fans and supporters failed to realize how FAR DOWN AND AWAY the program was from elite status by the time Frank was terminated. The single biggest blow to the program was done by Frank himself (in my opinion) when he fired so many of the Osborne legacy staff and hired amongst others, Bo Pelini. This brought an entirely new and different mentality (obnoxious and all about the coach vs the team and program) to the program. Each new coaching hire failed to restore the order which was Team and Program first and Coach second). Callahan was all ego about himself. "we will take what we want!" was his motto). Bo - obviously his actions speak for themselves.

Riley? I remain hopeful although the absolute bon fire that is about 80% of the comments on here suggests it may be over, almost before it started. I like Riley and think, ironically, than with Riley, we would have found our way back to Team and Program above the ego and face of the Coach. Riley is much more like Osborne than Bo. Frank was simply NOT a big time program Head Coach. Ohio U - yes. Nebraska - No. Bo - Youngstown State - nothing more needs to be said. Callahan - he is a pro football coach and has been excellent at that level but is not a college (amateur) level coach.

There'll be a good crowd there this Saturday. We have great fans for the most part.

People are upset that Riley botched another game. It seems reasonable to question what the heck is going on. Riley needs to restore some faith by putting good performances on the field and making good coaching decisions that help win games.

Riley is our coach....he chose his assistants (good choices or bad) they are the assistants.

I dislike the westcoast offense scheme...we need to run the ball...we have good talent and need to get healthy so our starters are all playing at the same time.

There are lots of comments on here about fire this guy...fire that guy....get a new AD etc. We have who we have and that isn't going to change just because we make comments about them and what we/they would/should do.

If you feel upset by the losses we have had so far this season...think how the players must feel. You know this season isn't what they have hoped it to be!

The players read these posts and I'm sure the comments don't make them feel any better.

All of this is going to take some time to level out...if not..there will be changes made.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion...rightly so...but one thing to remember when knocking players....

When you are up to your a$$ in alligators...it's hard to remember you are there to drain the swamp.