Commitment

RADAR

Wisconsin is coming.

Wisconsin is coming..

Wisconsin is coming...

Lord Stark is dead. The nights watch has Jon Snow dead. Lord Baltons army has been destroyed.

What do we do when winter comes?

Being committed to the coaching staff is being committed to the program. You can't have one without the other. Sorry, either your 100% in support or not not.

Horse sh#t. I am committed to the program, and that's why I want quality coaches. Why in the world would anyone committed to the program what or accept someone hurting the program?

• Fire 1

You act like the coaches spend unlimited time with these kids. This isn't the NFL bro. They are limited in every way and are just coming out of the starting blocks. They can barely decide who should do what and when let alone you expect them to be able to communicate with perfection game management. A child like expectation. Give it time.

Illinois HC has been with his team 4 weeks...

The AD go's out in less than a week and hires a coach who has the same WCO style that BC brought to Nebraska. The media, the fans, the players, have to go through the same thing we did under BC. This is the midwest, it snows, rains, and the wind can blow 20-30 Plus it gets cold up here. There is a reason the teams in the BIG run the ball. I really have a hard time understanding why we need to give a coach three years to bring in there style of players. The coach was hired to win games. The play calling, the penalties and the clock management have not changed from the time he was at OSU. Its hard to support a staff that can not adapt to the strength of the players that are here. Look at Florida, Michigan, ND and Ohio State, those coaches were big hires who are winning with the talent that was at the school. I for one don't buy into the it takes three years to evaluate a coach. This staff has been together for some time and can't figure out how to manage the clock at the end of a game. Way too many basic coaching mistakes that High School coaches get fired over. The team,the fans and most of all the players and the university deserve better.

Being committed to the coaching staff is being committed to the program. You can't have one without the other. Sorry, either your 100% in support or not not.

That is just plain ridiculous. Respect and support, for anything in life, is earned on a daily basis. It is not given unconditionally and regardless of actions. Love for the history, the university, the town, its values, and its football team does not mean one has to blindly and completely support all decisions and outcomes.

• Fire 1

We are committed. If we werent. This board and all others would be dead after yesterdays game.

Well...
well what.

If we didnt care no one would say anything at.

Dont you simply small font response my comment. If you got something to say, come out with it.

Okay. Here is my biggest problem.

All offseason 90% of level headed posters kept talking about how they thought we should win 9 games, but all understood how it's a process. He's gotta get his schemes installed, recruit his own players, yada, yada. So we will give him his time. This season will be about football, not about giving him a timeline, because it's not fair to base it all off 1 season... With that, I understand that to be commitment to the program (staff included). Now suddenly, not playing well and everyone is running around with head chopped off forgetting all about the idea of giving the guy a god damn season before being UNCOMMITED to the staff.

It just doesn't add up. Everyone was HOPEFUL, we'd be great this year, but understood we might struggle. Now that were actually struggling guys want to burn more money and can MR and staff.

The biggest reason I didn't want Bo fired at the time because I was committed to NEBRASKA and at the time, Bo was a part of the program that I was committed to. I hated some of the things he did, but at the end of the day, if someone wanted to talk trash about or HC, I found it within myself to come up with something to defend the man.

I feel the exact same way about this situation with MR. You can be committed to the program without loving the HC, but you can't be sending up airplanes with banners and pretend you are truly committed to anything. All that crap(yes that is an extreme) just causes more issues for our program. Sure, I'm pissed we've lost 3 games. I have a problem with the way we played yesterday as far as play calling and management at the end. I also loved the way we called O the first 3 games. Life(or football) isn't always gumdrops and rainbows. You guys have to understand that we fired Bo with the UNDERSTANDING that we were committing to a new staff that we believed could do better over a certain period of time, now that time frame is different for everyone, but GOD DAMN IT, it's not fair that he gets 4 f'ing games.

Be committed, question this staff in a respectable way, without every god damn word out of mouths being fire this guy, fire that guy. God damn it. I AM COMMITTED TO NEBRASKA.

• Fire 1
Sure, I'm pissed we've lost 3 games. I have a problem with the way we played yesterday as far as play calling and management at the end. I also loved the way we called O the first 3 games.

Here's the issue......you may have liked (or loved) the play calling the first 3 games, but many....if not most......were concerned. The lack of commitment to a running game was brought up after game 1 and never died down. Husker fans know what takes to win football games and this WCO or "pro style" isn't it. This is the second time around for this, so there is zero leeway. Riley is toast.

• Fire 1