Commitment

RADAR

If we go 4-8 Eichorst will be fired as well as the staff. We were told this wasn't a rebuild. We were told he was coming here to win now. Well we don't have to worry about winning the games that matter this season because we are more or less out of the west race with one more L

Never happen, he is here for the long haul.

Sure, I'm pissed we've lost 3 games. I have a problem with the way we played yesterday as far as play calling and management at the end. I also loved the way we called O the first 3 games.

Here's the issue......you may have liked (or loved) the play calling the first 3 games, but many....if not most......were concerned. The lack of commitment to a running game was brought up after game 1 and never died down. Husker fans know what takes to win football games and this WCO or "pro style" isn't it. This is the second time around for this, so there is zero leeway. Riley is toast.

I was concerned when MR was hired, and I became more and more concerned each time an OSU staff member was hired. I was hoping for the best, but now it is clear there is no hope. A career 500 coach should never have been given a one million dollar per year raise and a 5 year contract.

Wow...now there's a textbook example of double standard logic. The "commitment" you refused to be held to yesterday is now demanded from others today. How do you people keep all that horses#!t straight in your heads?

RADAR, you need to be more careful where you go looking to pull quotes from, the places you're going to for stuff like this is picking up more hairballs than a wad of gum rolling across a barbershop floor.

and Lux.. if we're all "children" for refusing to march over the cliff with the rest of you lemmings, I guess it's because of crappy excuse-making, enabler "parents" like you.

No double standard, I gave 408 four years before I knew there was no hope of improvement, Riley will get the same.

Bo's first year was much better than this, and Bo inherited a 5-7 team, not a 9-4 team

Wow...now there's a textbook example of double standard logic. The "commitment" you refused to be held to yesterday is now demanded from others today. How do you people keep all that horses#!t straight in your heads?

RADAR, you need to be more careful where you go looking to pull quotes from, the places you're going to for stuff like this is picking up more hairballs than a wad of gum rolling across a barbershop floor.

and Lux.. if we're all "children" for refusing to march over the cliff with the rest of you lemmings, I guess it's because of crappy excuse-making, enabler "parents" like you.

No double standard, I gave 408 four years before I knew there was no hope of improvement, Riley will get the same.

Okay, "408" was a new coach taking over a 5-7 team. We have an experienced staff making high school decisions that are costing us games. I guarantee you if we finish 4-8 with this team there's no way Riley is back

Bo's first year was much better than this, and Bo inherited a 5-7 team, not a 9-4 team

No. It wasnt. He started 3-3. A shitshow loss of penalties and unsportsmanlike conducts to Va tech and blowout losses to Missouri and Oklahoma. We dont know what will transpire next. Sure it's laughable, but it is possible for this team to start coming together to win 6 of the last 7 to finish 8-4 prior to a bowl game.

And the two situations of take over are night and day different. Bo had it easy. Lots of talent. and players that had no doubts themselves a change was needed. Hell most gave up on the staff the year before anyway.

No. It wasnt. He started 3-3. A shitshow loss of penalties and unsportsmanlike conducts to Va tech and blowout losses to Missouri and Oklahoma. We dont know what will transpire next. Sure it's laughable, but it is possible for this team to start coming together to win 6 of the last 7 to finish 8-4 prior to a bowl game.

And the two situations of take over are night and day different. Bo had it easy. Lots of talent. and players that had no doubts themselves a change was needed. Hell most gave up on the staff the year before anyway.

We will see, but Bo went from 5 wins to 9 wins. We will be very lucky if MR gets 9 wins. Bo improved, MR has shown nothing but regression so far. Note: I am not a Bo supporter

We will see, but Bo went from 5 wins to 9 wins. We will be very lucky if MR gets 9 wins. Bo improved, MR has shown nothing but regression so far. Note: I am not a Bo supporter

We shall see. You shouldve noted that to begin with. You said "Bo's first year was better than this". At this point, it wasnt. Jurys still out, sure.

408 inherited talent he left very little. Steve Taylor said as much last night on the radio.

408 inherited talent he left very little. Steve Taylor said as much last night on the radio.

He must have been a great coach then if he was able to squeeze that many wins out of this untalented group.

• Fire 1

So we're supposed to commit to mediocrity? This isn't one of the scenarios where our famed HC just retired and we hired a new HC and we have to give him time. We've had four head coaches in less than 20 years. The Husker fan base has been dealing with this sh#t pile for 15+ years. I'm committed to the program but I don't have to be committed to the staff.

At this point mediocrity would be an improvement. We may end up last in the BIG this year. I would not be surprised if we are not favored in another game this year. A five year contract at a minimum of $2.7 million per year is a big commitment.

I'm afraid you're right and that's what royally sucks big balls

He must have been a great coach then if he was able to squeeze that many wins out of this untalented group.

And Riley must not really have much of an eye for talent if he took this job with such crappy players.

And Riley must not really have much of an eye for talent if he took this job with such crappy players.

Great point.

Seriously? How much time do you think he actually had or spent analyzing the roster before he found out he was being courted for the job before he took the job? You two are fools.