MANY people said ANY change was welcome, even if we won less than 8 in year one.

Flood

I was one of many who said that, and I still say and believe it. I had a suspicion that the first year would be less than 8 or 9 wins. I am not surprised.

Many others said the same, but I guess they didn't really believe it was possible or could happen. Not to our beloved Huskers!

My personal hope is always to see the team and the individual players all playing at the highest level they can attain. To live up to their potential, as single players, and as a team. If they do that and still lose, that's fine in my book, but we gotta get them playing to their individual best ability and highest ability as a team. So far that has not happened. I am willing to wait it out for another couple years.

I do not know if this is the right staff. I do know that 5 games, and all the losses being by the razor's edge, is way too soon for final judgment.

Had we ended up on the other side of that very thin razor's edge and won em all, we'd be talking about the same things, I imagine. We'd still be concerned with the same aspects of the game, but we would be calling Riley a genius, a new TO. We have been on the bad end of a few games. It happens. Yesterday the Top 10 was decimated, too.

At the end of the year, we'll know more. At the end of next year, I will feel comfortable trying to gauge what we have in this staff and team. But not until then.

• Fire 2

Yes. I stand by that. Nebraska needed a coach who

* doesn't embarrass the University

* promotes rather than tarnishes the Nebraska brand and name to both players and coaches

There are good coaches and bad coaches who can do the above. Every hire will get some length of time to show they are the former. If it doesn't work out, a change is warranted -- but the two criteria above are paramount.

On the threads....people are going to want to get stuff off their chests. The threads that don't get a lot of play will fall down the page. Just try to keep things civil. Everyone will appreciate it.

Yes. I stand by that. Nebraska needed a coach who

* doesn't embarrass the University

* promotes rather than tarnishes the Nebraska brand and name to both players and coaches

There are good coaches and bad coaches who can do the above. Every hire will get some length of time to show they are the former. If it doesn't work out, a change is warranted -- but the two criteria above are paramount.

On the threads....people are going to want to get stuff off their chests. The threads that don't get a lot of play will fall down the page. Just try to keep things civil. Everyone will appreciate it.

The 2 things you noted are what we got and if it yields better recruiting then so much the better. How about we root for him to succeed instead of praying he will fail

• Fire 2

PLEASE MODS, STOP ALLOWING THREADS TO BE STARTED UNTIL TUESDAY. THEY ARE ALL THE SAME...

Yeah, just shut down the board since a few board members don't like what They see.

You can always choose not to read the board today

Where else can one get a good chuckle?

PLEASE MODS, STOP ALLOWING THREADS TO BE STARTED UNTIL TUESDAY. THEY ARE ALL THE SAME...

Yeah, just shut down the board since a few board members don't like what They see.

Where else can one get a good chuckle?
If they DVRd yesterday's game, you can go watch the incompetence of the staff again.

I know I walked out of the bar yesterday laughing. But it wasn't a good laugh, it was a laugh of disbelief.

• Fire 2

I still think we got too caught up with the AnitBo and ignored the critical football stuff. You can be great coach and a passionate guy that yells at players and still not have multiple snippets of embarassing, internet trending, behavior on tape-audio and visual.

Riley is too far the other end of the spectrum. that's my opinion after seeing this staff operate the first 5 games and the players response to them on the field.

I found part of your problem, at least. You predicted a first year coach would take the Huskers UNDEFEATED to the CCG where we would lose to OSU. That is an incredibly lofty expectation with a new staff. Probably need to put the brakes on unrealistic hopes. We got rid of the previous staff because they couldn't get it done, so there were obviously things that needed to be changed or fixed. Expecting those changes to happen all at once, in the first year, is a silly hope.

The 2 things you noted are what we got and if it yields better recruiting then so much the better. How about we root for him to succeed instead of praying he will fail

Exactly where I'm at :thumbs

Yeah, that's how I feel. I know things will be pretty miserable after a loss like that -- reflecting the mood of the fanbase.

Fans are going to chant about firing coaches, flying banners, etc. Miami fans do this about their coach on our board. No fanbase is immune to a meltdown. Not Nebraska.

It's actually been moderately pleasant around here for all the ventings. I figured there'd be almost nothing I'd care for reading, but there's some good conversation to be had. Appreciate it, everyone.

I found part of your problem, at least. You predicted a first year coach would take the Huskers UNDEFEATED to the CCG where we would lose to OSU. That is an incredibly lofty expectation with a new staff. Probably need to put the brakes on unrealistic hopes. We got rid of the previous staff because they couldn't get it done, so there were obviously things that needed to be changed or fixed. Expecting those changes to happen all at once, in the first year, is a silly hope.

Lol. You're a fool. I'm not one raising the fire coaches flag. I made that prediction out of sheer hope and in a joking manner. To honestly have that expectation would be true lunatic status. I think you don't understand which side of the fence I'm on.