Was Bo just lucky last year?

He was lucky Wisconsin called off the dogs so they wouldn't score 80 on that defensive guru. But hey, say he can coach all you want.

Good point.

The bad news is Wisconsin was his Achilles heel.

The good news is it wasn't Illinois.

Cleary Illinois wasn't one of those games that mattered that Pederhorst was referring to.

I have been trying to figure out what I think about this years team/coaches and I cant help but wonder if Bo and his staff just got lucky last year and this "fallout" was already in place. First of all we are no better than 7-6 last year without Ameer. He saved our ass in the McNeese State game and the overtime win against Iowa. Ameer's pure heart won those games. Not our sh**ty defense, and it for sure wasn't the play calling!! Ameer alone made last years team. Secondly, Bo's recruiting was sub-par, we lacked staff with great resumes, and in my opinion our strength and conditioning was terrible. We returned 15 of those starters this year! They just didnt forget how to play football in 1 offseason! The writing was on the wall. This new staff is doing all they can to save a ship that Bo had already blown too many holes into and was about to sink. Yes, they have had some growing pains with playing calling and some clock management, but for Christ sake maybe the cupboard is just a little too bare. I have faith in this staff and I hope everyone gives them a chance is all. And for the record, I liked Bo...

Pelini had his faults.....recruiting for example. But he can coach.
melvin Gordon abd his peewee level trap plays would argue.

Look. Ill say the same thing about Bos wins now as i did when i defended him to the notion he was lucky

When you win games, you win. Luck or not, a win is a win. And you still have to get i to position for luck to be effective.

Without luck, half of these are losses.

'14 McNeese St, Iowa

'13 Wyoming, NW, Mich, PSU, GA

'12 more of em, '11 OSU loses Braxton then the game.

Bo's used up his luck bounty as a huge pay HC.

Returning starters for this year? This year's actual game starting lineups have been terrible on a proven talent starting score. The worst since pretty much forever (2004?). Did we begin any year since with worse starting lineups? If we ever overcome the injury and suspension hits and get some of the young'uns coached up we'll have arguably a 25 or 30 rated starters lineup. Bo really fed up DE, LB, OL and QB (QB might be bad luck I don't know what the experts thought of Stanton, Darlington or Tommy's throwing).

• Fire 2

Hmmm.... okay :snacks: Speaking of Wisconsin, I can't wait until the Huskers play them on Saturday. For the first time in three tries this game isn't already decided by 5 or 6 touchdowns before kickoff. In fact, I'll be rooting for Big Red to pull off an upset. Whether they do or not, I'll be eager to watch and see and root them on.

I think most of us are looking forward to this game (could be wrong) but I'll say this. If we don't pressure Stave, I think he'll tear us apart.

The teams Bo beat had a combined winning record of 50-63 (.442). The teams he lost to had a combined record of 39-14 (.736). The teams Riley has beaten so far have a combineD record of 6-4 (.600). The teams that he has lost to so far have a combined record of 10-4 (.714). So far, every team that Nebraska has played has a winning record, which doesn't mean much right now obviously. Just something to look at.

Wow a husker fan that roots for the huskers win or lose. What planet are you from?

Many self proclaimed fans were rooting against the previous coach yet claimed to be supportive of the program.

Now, they've pulled a 180 and insist that the coach and the program are one in the same. If you don't support the coach, you don't support the program, blah, blah....

The teams Bo beat had a combined winning record of 50-63 (.442). The teams he lost to had a combined record of 39-14 (.736). The teams Riley has beaten so far have a combineD record of 6-4 (.600). The teams that he has lost to so far have a combined record of 10-4 (.714). So far, every team that Nebraska has played has a winning record, which doesn't mean much right now obviously. Just something to look at.

If true, those are interesting numbers.

When I was growing up there was no choice. I use to think school would get canceled when nebraska lost. I remember one game got over at midnight and it was a national championship game. I thought school would be canceled lol. Now I come on here and its just filled with hate.

• Fire 1

Self proclaimed? What in the world is going on. I don't think anyone rooted against him. Many didn't like him and thought he sucked as a coach. Thought he should get released by end of year. But still rooted for Huskers to win every Saturday. I don't get you 74Hunter. So much sour and bitterness in every thread year after year. Must have been born in Missouri or Kansas and later moved to Nebraska.

Give it a rest for once and try to say something good about Nebraska football if it's even possible.

• Fire 2

Pretty sure he lost to a sh**ty iowa state team 9-7 with 400 turnovers. But thats cool right cause he won 9 games

Yes Clifford, it is cool. Winning most of your game is cool. Going to conference championships is cool. Being able to go to a bowl game is cool. Watching the flattest and most poorly coached husker football team take the field every weekend is not cool. You better start wanting to be cool again my man.

Scheduling played a part in Bo's record. Mcneese St, South Dakota, ETC. Miami last year was his first real non-con opponent, and it was at home.

Bo had some luxuries while coaching here. Inherited SuH. Played in a weak NOrth division at Big 12 and joined a weaker division at first in the Big 10. Even though he disliked Nebraska's fans, if not for home field advantage he wouldn't have won 9 games a season. That stadium still has an impact on the game for opposing schools. BYU would have been the best non-con team to ever play Bo at home.

I am a believer that attitude is everything. This program has recruited some good players, but good players who aren't mentality able to perform week to week. That reflects coaching, both former and now. If this coach can't fix the attitude, it won't fair any better