Was Bo just lucky last year?

The teams Bo beat had a combined winning record of 50-63 (.442). The teams he lost to had a combined record of 39-14 (.736). The teams Riley has beaten so far have a combineD record of 6-4 (.600). The teams that he has lost to so far have a combined record of 10-4 (.714). So far, every team that Nebraska has played has a winning record, which doesn't mean much right now obviously. Just something to look at.

What about overall? This is not Riley's first year as a HC

It is here and that's what matters

Yeah...and here he is under .500 which is even worse than his career record.

Very doubtful....If he couldn't stop the run with NU athletes what makes you think he could do it with Purdues?

Does it work that way? Riley is at NU with better players now and is doing worse...soooooo?

Bo was 3-3 in his first 6 games as HC at Nebraska. Riley has the opportunity to match that record this week.

Exactly! So they are kind of the same. Hopefully after this weekend they will be exactly the same!

Except for Bo's first three games were Western Michigan, San Jose State, and New Mexico State. Followed up by the O'Hanlon against VT the worst home loss in school history to Mizzery and a loss to Texas Tech

The teams Bo beat had a combined winning record of 50-63 (.442). The teams he lost to had a combined record of 39-14 (.736). The teams Riley has beaten so far have a combineD record of 6-4 (.600). The teams that he has lost to so far have a combined record of 10-4 (.714). So far, every team that Nebraska has played has a winning record, which doesn't mean much right now obviously. Just something to look at.

Very doubtful....If he couldn't stop the run with NU athletes what makes you think he could do it with Purdues?

Does it work that way? Riley is at NU with better players now and is doing worse...soooooo?

Bo was 3-3 in his first 6 games as HC at Nebraska. Riley has the opportunity to match that record this week.

Exactly! So they are kind of the same. Hopefully after this weekend they will be exactly the same!

Except for Bo's first three games were Western Michigan, San Jose State, and New Mexico State. Followed up by the O'Hanlon against VT the worst home loss in school history to Mizzery and a loss to Texas Tech

O'Hanlon was the year after actually

Why wouldn't it work that way. You're wanting to compare someone else's record at a different program with less resources. We'd be kidding ourselves if we didn't think Bo wouldn't have lost to BYU, Miami, and not been a tight game against southern miss

Right, but we actually have proof of how Riley did at another program. The only proof we have of Bo is at NU and YSU (I think they are 1-3 or 2-2).

No, I don't think Bo would be 2-3 right now. Do you?

I think a Bo coached team would have been run out of the building at Miami. BYU was probably a toss up. And Bo is known for losing a game a year that he shouldn't. Would it have been Illinois? Maybe not. But the alternatives to Illinois are even less appealing.

I 100% agree with you...But Bo is also "known for" winning at least 9 games a year? Right? So if you want to use the "losing to a team he shouldnt" which I agree with and it totally fair, I think you also have to use the "He wins at least 9 games" right?

He did win at least 9 a year. But that wasn't what the discussion was. You asked if Bo would be 2-3 right now. I made a case that it's conceivable. That's all.

Losses to Virginia Tech, #4 Missouri, #7 Texas Tech.

Just slightly different than unranked Miami, BYU, and Illinois, with unranked Wisconsin coming up...

Just slightly different than unranked Miami, BYU, and Illinois, with unranked Wisconsin coming up...

You want to compare playing Miami and BYU in the first 3 games to Western Michigan, San Jose St, and New Mexico State?

• Fire 1

You want to compare playing Miami and BYU in the first 3 games to Western Michigan, San Jose St, and New Mexico State?

That, and do we want to compare Joe Ganz and Ndamukong Suh to Tommy Armstrong and Maliek Collins?

That, and do we want to compare Joe Ganz and Ndamukong Suh to Tommy Armstrong and Maliek Collins?

Not to mention Joe Ganz running the same offense he was learning and playing for a couple of years.

Does it really matter? Beating creampuffs doesn't really matter. But losing to average (at best) teams compared to top 10 teams is different.

• Fire 1

Does it really matter? Beating creampuffs doesn't really matter. But losing to average (at best) teams compared to top 10 teams is different.

It's the fact that he had three creampuff games to get started and MR didn't

It should matter since everyone likes to hang on to the #9wins ball sack when comparing coaches.

Will there ever be a time when this "well he was a 9 win coach" ever go away. 9 wins does not make you a great coach! Like i said when I started this, I liked Bo and I drank the Kool-Aid like it was going out of style. But drop the 9 wins and then grade Bo and his staff. Yes he gave us 9 wins and terrible press, and terrible fan appreciation, and poor recruiting, and poor player development, and blowout losses, and terrible non-conference games, and no conference championships,ect. I will save you time over your lunch hour. BUT 9 WINS! Let it go people.

• Fire 1

Without luck, half of these are losses.

'14 McNeese St, Iowa

'13 Wyoming, NW, Mich, PSU, GA

'12 more of em, '11 OSU loses Braxton then the game.

Bo's used up his luck bounty as a huge pay HC.

Returning starters for this year? This year's actual game starting lineups have been terrible on a proven talent starting score. The worst since pretty much forever (2004?). Did we begin any year since with worse starting lineups? If we ever overcome the injury and suspension hits and get some of the young'uns coached up we'll have arguably a 25 or 30 rated starters lineup. Bo really fed up DE, LB, OL and QB (QB might be bad luck I don't know what the experts thought of Stanton, Darlington or Tommy's throwing).

I'd even add to this. There is no depth.

Divine emerging, Janovich becoming a go to. I'm not going to bash Tommy, but it'll be interesting to see what 2017 looks like.

Best DE was a tight end. A 2 year starter at DE that looks like he is running through mud. No LBs that can cover the field.