A single positive about this game

KazLong

Our run defense passed their toughest test yet.

Yes our run-D has improved but Wiscy does not remotely have the running-game they usually do. Gordon is gone, Clement is out, and the line is hardly up to the usual roadgrader standard. Hell their offense only scored 6 on Iowa in Madison last week.

Not really any positive in this one for me. I am a die hard Husker and can almost always find something to say was good. Today? Nothing comes to mind. The punting was pretty good with only one or two that went into end zone instead of inside the twenty. but the rest of special teams are still NOT special at all.

To win games against good opponents (Wisconsin is good, not great certainly): you need:

1. Run effectively.

2. Pass the ball efficiently.

3. Play solid defense through at least three of the four quarters.

4. Win the special teams phase by making your field goal and extra points, kicking the ball deep into end zone and tackling the returners before they reach the 25, and punting the ball deep into their territory and NOT into the end zone repeatedly and keeping all "Net PUnt' distances above 40 yards, and making at least one successful fake or block or other special teams 'big play'. We are not doing these things and the latter two never!

It's that simple! I don't know why more teams don't do it!!!!

Forget about having a new staff next year. Won't happen. Can't say that it should or shouldn't yet, but if we lose another game like this the team won't recover.

Positive for this game was, they didn't give up, but this secondary is borderline awful. Is that all we have available to play back there? D-line played well. Linebackers weren't terrible, but the secondary is not well.

Positive is they have 6 game left to get some wins and at least some respect, regardless how we feel about the coaching staff.

Eh ... possibly their toughest test yet but that's not saying much.

This is nowhere near the Wisconsin running game of old. They are the #74 rushing offense in the country. They average 4.4 ypc and 167 yards per game. They averaged 4.3 ypc and got 147 yards today. So we barely kept them under their averages. They've played Miami of Ohio, Troy and Hawai'i this year.

All sarcasm aside, there were some positives, but, too many negatives to filter through. Armstrong running is a positive, Armstrong passing is as negative as negative gets. Why have we had two quarterbacks who can't seem to step into a throw, TM and TA? Stave looked like a world-beater on that last drive. Going, what from about his own 35 to the Nebraska 28 or 29 with no timeouts, no panic, passing over the middle, no big deal.

100 yards or so of total offense in the second half for Nebraska, 55 of that on one play. Not good.

Eh ... possibly their toughest test yet but that's not saying much.

This is nowhere near the Wisconsin running game of old. They are the #74 rushing offense in the country. They average 4.4 ypc and 167 yards per game. They averaged 4.3 ypc and got 147 yards today. So we barely kept them under their averages. They've played Miami of Ohio, Troy and Hawai'i this year.

Don't disagree on that. After last week's game, though, people were predicting we were going to get stomped. Considering how banged up we are and how bad Wisconsin needed this win our rushing defense held for the most part. Not saying this is a huge win, looking for positives.

Flag on Riley looked pretty questionable. Bunch of coaches will do a similar deal today without a flag.

It's one of those things that I don't think what he said was all that bad but he made his point and was told to get back in the coaches' box. When he wouldn't do it, he ran the risk of getting the flag.