Is Husker Football an Important Part of Your Personal Identity?

I used to care a lot...it was obsessive. Then I got older and had real life problems and decided I can't invest myself like I used to. I watched the byu game this year...that's it.

I had fun with the coaching search but haven't paid much attention since

I respect that. As I've gotten a little older I've started to care a bit less. Typically i don't get as worked up over losing (perhaps less because I've gotten older than that we lose constantly in horrific ways). But, and I don't mean this disrespectfully, this is my greatest fear as a Nebraska fan. At what point will I not even care or watch?

I used to care a lot...it was obsessive. Then I got older and had real life problems and decided I can't invest myself like I used to. I watched the byu game this year...that's it.

I had fun with the coaching search but haven't paid much attention since

I respect that. As I've gotten a little older I've started to care a bit less. Typically i don't get as worked up over losing (perhaps less because I've gotten older than that we lose constantly in horrific ways). But, and I don't mean this disrespectfully, this is my greatest fear as a Nebraska fan. At what point will I not even care or watch?

Kind of how I feel.

Not sure if sad, or just getting on with things.

My last name is Tingelhoff. Husker football is an identity to my whole family.

Congrats and best wishes to Mick!

Congrats on what? Being related to a great football player? I'm a direct descendant of Thomas Jefferson...congratulate me!

congrats

Congrats on what? Being related to a great football player? I'm a direct descendant of Thomas Jefferson...congratulate me!

Apparently you don't know who Mick Tinglehoff was. Not surprising.

If you want congrats for being a descendant of a guy that was known for sexually assaulting slaves so be it.

No congrats from me.

Now speaking of sexual......never mind.

congrats

LOL..thanks..that's funny...

You're welcome

If you want congrats for being a descendant of a guy that was known for sexually assaulting slaves so be it.

No congrats from me.

Definitely know who Mick Tinglehoff was, and is. A fantastic football player, both college and professional. I am not understanding how simply being related to him merits congratulations. TJ was known for a LOT more than sexually assualting slaves, but you focusing on one facet of his life...Not surprising. I used to play, and beat and all american Husker tight end at pool all the time, was a good friend. Now will you congratulate me..or do I have to be strictly related to someone else to earn your congratulations? Sheesh...since you brought up "speaking of sexual"...sniff jocks much?

People who are competitors can't stand to loose. That being said, as a fan I can't take the method of play that leads to the loss. Don't understand the play calling or the drop off in the defense this year. Once the game is over it is time to get on with life. Love to watch the huskers just want to win.

No congrats from me.

Definitely know who Mick Tinglehoff was, and is. A fantastic football player, both college and professional. I am not understanding how simply being related to him merits congratulations. TJ was known for a LOT more than sexually assualting slaves, but you focusing on one facet of his life...Not surprising. I used to play, and beat and all american Husker tight end at pool all the time, was a good friend. Now will you congratulate me..or do I have to be strictly related to someone else to earn your congratulations? Sheesh...since you brought up "speaking of sexual"...sniff jocks much?

Going into week 7 and the board has resorted to discussing Thomas Jefferson and his sexual assaults 200+ years ago. The Dark Age for Husker football is here

I absolutely hate when people label other people as non fans simply for stating their honest opinion. I have always been a Husker Fan since the day I was born. I also went to UNL for my BS, MS, and PhD degrees in the 90s when we were a power to be reckoned. I remember blowing out teams like Michigan State 56 to 14. What we have now is a complete disaster and anyone who sees a positive with our current situation is simply blind.

I also do not agree with what people say about not being able to recruit or get an excellent caliber coach to come to Nebraska. That is complete and utter Bullcrap. If Boise State can recruit and win consistently, why can't we? Have you ever been to Boise State? Lincoln is HEAVEN compared to that village. No offense Boise State. There are so many teams that have surpassed us and we are spending our money on coaches that have proven to be losers. Eichorst did not do his homework. He just went and hired the first nice guy he knows. If he actually did his job, we would have not been 2-4. What is sad is that the state of Nebraska is paying incompetent people like Riley, Eichorst, and the LOSER PERLMAN big fat checks to bring our beloved University to the ground. we have fallen in academics and athletics. A good coach finds a way to win. Look at our volleyball team. We have been relevant ever since I can remember. We might not be winning championships every year but we are definitely a team that everyone fears. Our football team is a team that everyone looks forward to playing so they can break records.

I love my huskers and I will ALWAYS be a husker fan but I simply refuse to fool myself by saying that what is happening is right and that we need to give this horrible excuse for a coaching staff five years to see what they can do. Harbaugh took a mediocre Michigan team and turned them into a killing machine in six months. Riley took decent talent and made them into the laughing stock of college football. The sooner Eichorst admits he is a FIRST CLASS IDIOT, the sooner this nightmare will be over.

Michigan Wolverines

2014 record 5–7
Head coach Brady Hoke (4th year)

2015 record 5–1
Head coach Jim Harbaugh (1st year)
---------------
Nebraska Cornhuskers

2014 record 9–4 (5–3 Big Ten)
Head coach Bo Pelini (7th Year)

2015 record 2–4 (0–2 Big Ten)
Head coach Mike Riley (1st year)

See above for the coach Nebraska should have spent every dime on. No matter what it took, they should have tried to grab him. Superior coaching equals wins.