Overtime: Northwestern Post-game Overreactions

The real shock is that there aren't more threads.

Getting used to this is the worst part.

Actually, I have moved several threads into this Overtime thread, the Official Overreaction thread.

And it's still a short thread.

(Not trying to make more work for you guys, I empathize. But, we used to see more overraction to 3 TD wins than we've seen today.)

Think we have 2 more home games. Hope this is the last post on this thread.....

Oh, be realistic. There is no way we win against MSU or Iowa, and that's a good thing. Because I'd be really infuriated if it suddenly turned out that we can beat the best teams in the conference but lost so many games to average and poor teams.

The sad part is if we win two more games, we will likely still go to a bowl game because there won't be enough eligible teams and Nebraska fans travel better than most. Not sure I want to see us play in some meaningless bowl game, knowing we don't deserve it.

Oh, be realistic. There is no way we win against MSU or Iowa, and that's a good thing. Because I'd be really infuriated if it suddenly turned out that we can beat the best teams in the conference but lost so many games to average and poor teams.

The sad part is if we win two more games, we will likely still go to a bowl game because there won't be enough eligible teams and Nebraska fans travel better than most. Not sure I want to see us play in some meaningless bowl game, knowing we don't deserve it.

That's Riley's calling card. Sub .500 season with losses to FCS schools and then pull some unexplained win out of your butt.

Ya that was pathetic how about trying the run game. Oh wait when we did do that the o line just watched the defense run by and tackle the running back

We'd have a nice run on first or second down then we'd run straight ahead into the lineman. That play calling is about as innovative as coming out with an MP3 player after the IPod is released.

That's Riley's calling card. Sub .500 season with losses to FCS schools and then pull some unexplained win out of your butt.

Riley is not our biggest problem by far. He may not end up very successful at NU, but he's not a screw up. Despite his recent records, he did a great job at Oregon State.

Nebraska's last chance for a home win comes on November 27th, since that is the last time the Huskers play at home this year.

So why don't we have both teams show up and see what happens and just cut the drama queen posturing?

Do that if it makes you feel better. I will spare myself the pain and do something fun in the meantime. I don't mind watching my team lose, but I've had enough embarrassment for the season.