Riley has high praise for Alonzo Moore

True2tRA

5606f6ec75acb.image.jpg?resize=620%2C718

Husker receiver Moore becoming complete package

9 hours ago • By STEVEN M. SIPPLE | LINCOLN JOURNAL STAR

Nebraska receiver Alonzo Moore readily admits it.
In high school, he didn't block. He played the skill positions — quarterback, running back, receiver. Blocking was for other people, he said.
Teammate Trey Gilbert, the star running back at Winnfield (Louisiana) High, apparently wasn't pleased that Moore didn't block — wasn't pleased then, and perhaps is still a tad peeved, Moore said with a smile this week.

A pretty good LJS article about Moore. He really has been coming on these past few weeks. Has some nice numbers so far this year.

No disrespect, but that helmet makes him look like pac-man. Or that he's ready to go to Mars.

Today's helmets are too big for their body's. Run a 4.5 but once the helmet goes on, it's at least 4.9 LOL

I guarantee helmet sizes and weights have become less over the years as the technology has gotten better. Just look at the rest of the pads. They get smaller and smaller.

I wonder if the new helmets have anything to do with Nebraska's research on sports brain injuries? Bet it does.

5606f6ec75acb.image.jpg?resize=620%2C718

Husker receiver Moore becoming complete package

9 hours ago • By STEVEN M. SIPPLE | LINCOLN JOURNAL STAR

Nebraska receiver Alonzo Moore readily admits it.
In high school, he didn't block. He played the skill positions — quarterback, running back, receiver. Blocking was for other people, he said.
Teammate Trey Gilbert, the star running back at Winnfield (Louisiana) High, apparently wasn't pleased that Moore didn't block — wasn't pleased then, and perhaps is still a tad peeved, Moore said with a smile this week.

A pretty good LJS article about Moore. He really has been coming on these past few weeks. Has some nice numbers so far this year.

No disrespect, but that helmet makes him look like pac-man. Or that he's ready to go to Mars.

Today's helmets are too big for their body's. Run a 4.5 but once the helmet goes on, it's at least 4.9 LOL

I guarantee helmet sizes and weights have become less over the years as the technology has gotten better. Just look at the rest of the pads. They get smaller and smaller.

I wonder if the new helmets have anything to do with Nebraska's research on sports brain injuries? Bet it does.

Other teams wear the same helmets. Now, our lab might give input to the manufacturer. But, it's a common helmet in the sport.

I don't give a flying rip if it's 10 times that size if it keeps our players safe and still able to play the game.

He has made some big plays the last couple games. I'm still waiting to see a fly sweep reversal by DPE and Moore. Make it happen!

It'd be interesting to see something like this week after the DPE to Tommy TD throw against Northwestern last year. I imagine they'll be more prepared for something like that though...or at least they hope they are. Entirely different offense for us however.

Most improved player . . . ever?

It is pretty amazing. He dropped passes more consistently than Niles Paul before this season.

I think I read somewhere he had more drops than catches last year. I don't know if it's true, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

This year you could easily make a case he's been our best receiver.