Riley has high praise for Alonzo Moore

True2tRA

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but Riley had some pretty high praise for Alonzo Moore in his press conference. I have high praise for Alonzo this season as well. We heard all about this guys' playmaking capabilities, and now we are seeing them. Alonzo looks great in the passing game and I have especially like what he's done on those speed sweeps. Seems like he's good for ten yards every time he gets a carry. His hands have improved drastically.

Here's an article:

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Article/Nebraska-wide-receiver-Alonzo-Moore-is-having-a-solid-year-40419463

Head coach Mike Riley said Moore’s work ethic has allowed him to have the success he’s enjoying this season.

“He is just a football player,” Riley said of Moore. “I think what he’s done, we didn’t do anything for him because he’s a hard worker, he’s a good guy, he’s just a football player. All we had to do was teach him. He’s a great learner, he’s totally engaged, he’ll do anything you want him to do.

“He has started on all four special teams. He’ll run the ball. He’ll catch it. He’s ready. Alonzo is always ready because he practices well. You can do a lot with a guy like that. I really have a lot of respect for a guy like that. That was all inherent with him. We just had to teach him what the name of the plays were.”

Hard work paying off for Moore. Good to see it. The future is bright for this guy. He's developing as an all around threat in every aspect of our offense.

GuE1Ug.gif

• Fire 4

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but Riley had some pretty high praise for Alonzo Moore in his press conference. I have high praise for Alonzo this season as well. We heard all about this guys' playmaking capabilities, and now we are seeing them. Alonzo looks great in the passing game and I have especially like what he's done on those speed sweeps. Seems like he's good for ten yards every time he gets a carry. His hands have improved drastically.

Here's an article:

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Article/Nebraska-wide-receiver-Alonzo-Moore-is-having-a-solid-year-40419463

Head coach Mike Riley said Moore’s work ethic has allowed him to have the success he’s enjoying this season.

“He is just a football player,” Riley said of Moore. “I think what he’s done, we didn’t do anything for him because he’s a hard worker, he’s a good guy, he’s just a football player. All we had to do was teach him. He’s a great learner, he’s totally engaged, he’ll do anything you want him to do.

“He has started on all four special teams. He’ll run the ball. He’ll catch it. He’s ready. Alonzo is always ready because he practices well. You can do a lot with a guy like that. I really have a lot of respect for a guy like that. That was all inherent with him. We just had to teach him what the name of the plays were.”

Hard work paying off for Moore. Good to see it. The future is bright for this guy. He's developing as an all around threat in every aspect of our offense.

GuE1Ug.gif

I have to spill the beans here. I was not a fan of his play in previous seasons. The routes were meh at times, and then there were the drops.

This year, however, he has played very well. So well that I am confident when he is on the field. Big plays, tough catches, nice runs and good blocks. Almost weekly he makes a good play out on the field. I'm proud of Alonzo.

5606f6ec75acb.image.jpg?resize=620%2C718

Husker receiver Moore becoming complete package

9 hours ago • By STEVEN M. SIPPLE | LINCOLN JOURNAL STAR

Nebraska receiver Alonzo Moore readily admits it.
In high school, he didn't block. He played the skill positions — quarterback, running back, receiver. Blocking was for other people, he said.
Teammate Trey Gilbert, the star running back at Winnfield (Louisiana) High, apparently wasn't pleased that Moore didn't block — wasn't pleased then, and perhaps is still a tad peeved, Moore said with a smile this week.

A pretty good LJS article about Moore. He really has been coming on these past few weeks. Has some nice numbers so far this year.

• Fire 1

In high school, he didn't block. He played the skill positions — quarterback, running back, receiver. Blocking was for other people, he said.
Teammate Trey Gilbert, the star running back at Winnfield (Louisiana) High, apparently wasn't pleased that Moore didn't block — wasn't pleased then, and perhaps is still a tad peeved, Moore said with a smile this week.

A pretty good LJS article about Moore. He really has been coming on these past few weeks. Has some nice numbers so far this year.

No disrespect, but that helmet makes him look like pac-man. Or that he's ready to go to Mars.

Today's helmets are too big for their body's. Run a 4.5 but once the helmet goes on, it's at least 4.9 LOL

No disrespect, but that helmet makes him look like pac-man. Or that he's ready to go to Mars.

Today's helmets are too big for their body's. Run a 4.5 but once the helmet goes on, it's at least 4.9 LOL

I guarantee helmet sizes and weights have become less over the years as the technology has gotten better. Just look at the rest of the pads. They get smaller and smaller.