This Play Erased So Many Question Marks

True2tRA

in 7 games, this was his only really big run? ok........sigh

Jano is way more impressive, a wrecking ball with decent speed, north, south guy.

There are 18 running backs in the country with more than 1 play 60+ yards. 13 of those 18 only have 2 total runs of 60+ yards. So Newby is one more big run from being right alongside all but the top five backs in the country with this long of a run. There's only 10 running backs in the country with more than 1 run over 70+ yards, so if the run had been 1 more yard, he'd be in elite company huh? It's hardly anything to get too down about.

I like Janovich too, but Newby hopefully continues to get more opportunities and find a rhythym. I say that because Newby is obviously the running back these coaches have chosen to be the lead back in this offense, and I'd like to see Nebraska continue to stay committed ot the run game.

Nebraska is 27th in the country in rushing yards and 19th in the country in average yards per carry. We are 60th in the country as far as rushing attempts. If we commit to the run game a bit more, I imagine we get better with it, and with the increase in attempts those long rushing plays probably happen a little more often.

i get it, but i don't care about a few long runs, i want a gamer who rushes for 80-120 yards per game, at least 6-8 games each season. Newby just isn't that guy.

Jano is way more impressive, a wrecking ball with decent speed, north, south guy.

There are 18 running backs in the country with more than 1 play 60+ yards. 13 of those 18 only have 2 total runs of 60+ yards. So Newby is one more big run from being right alongside all but the top five backs in the country with this long of a run. There's only 10 running backs in the country with more than 1 run over 70+ yards, so if the run had been 1 more yard, he'd be in elite company huh? It's hardly anything to get too down about.

I like Janovich too, but Newby hopefully continues to get more opportunities and find a rhythym. I say that because Newby is obviously the running back these coaches have chosen to be the lead back in this offense, and I'd like to see Nebraska continue to stay committed ot the run game.

Nebraska is 27th in the country in rushing yards and 19th in the country in average yards per carry. We are 60th in the country as far as rushing attempts. If we commit to the run game a bit more, I imagine we get better with it, and with the increase in attempts those long rushing plays probably happen a little more often.

i get it, but i don't care about a few long runs, i want a gamer who rushes for 80-120 yards per game, at least 6-8 games each season. Newby just isn't that guy.

I get it. We want the same thing. Newby hasn't shown to be that guy yet, but we've also not been as committed to allowing him to be that guy as we could be. I won't defend Newby's abilities too much. Honestly, I'm a fan of Wilbon's style a lot more than I am of Newby's. I also like Ozigbo. I'm just hoping Newby steps it up and turns into more of that one cut and go type of back mostly because he's obviously the running back these coaches have chosen, so we need him to step up.

Roy Helu was very fast - much faster than Ameer or Rex (both of which had excellent quickness certainly. Ameer was plenty 'football' fast although he didn't have straight line speed. Martinez was very very fast for about half his freshman season. After he kicked the locker and screwed up his foot, he was really never the same.

Helu was likely our fastest RB since the glory days.

Newby looked pretty fast to me on that long run. Helu fast.

NFL combine 40's for Ameer and Rex was 4.60 and 4.73 (lot's of very high scores on other tests).

Helu was fast. Was 1st place RB at the combine in both 20 and 60 shuttles and 3rd in 3 cone.

4.59 is the average RB 40 at the combine.

Roy's combine info....

Measurables
40 Yard Dash: 4.40 seconds 20 Yard Dash: 2.52 seconds 10 Yard Dash: 1.51 seconds Bench Press: 11 reps (225 lb) Wonderlic: (N/A) (0-50) Vertical Leap: 36.5 inches Broad Jump: 119 inches 20 Yd Shuttle: 4.01 seconds Three Cone: 6.67 seconds 60 Yd Shuttle: 11.07 seconds

Newby did good @Minnesota, but he still doesn't have very good vision which causes him to dance around a lot. I would definitely like to see Ozigbo out there for a few series to see what he can do. The same could be said about Wilbon, but I'm not even sure he's still on team (most likely won't be after this season). I'm also well aware that Stevenson doesn't know the playbook, but what's the harm in giving him some meaningful snaps on run plays? I don't know, I guess I have been spoiled the last few years with all the great running backs that have come through here (Helu, Burkhead, Abdullah) and Newby isn't even close.