Lucky

I don't think leon will transfer.....i dont think the coaches will allow that....leons gotta understand that there is so much talent and right now he has to wait his turn....his time will come, maybe at tailback, maybe somewhere else....but he is to good for the coaches to let that happen....and if he waits his turn.....he will be a monster at wherever he plays

His time isn't going to come when lucky is the same age, wilson is just a jr this year, b jax is a jr. IF he can't beat them out this year then I don't see him sticking around just my opinion.

A highly recruited star behind of a bunch of young backs at 4th string? There was rumors earlier last year that he was going to leave.

I don't understand what you are getting at? Let me take a stab, though. Because he was "highly recruited", he is selfish?

There were rumors? When are there not rumors or some sort?

A highly recruited star behind of a bunch of young backs at 4th string?  There was rumors earlier last year that he was going to leave.

I don't understand what you are getting at? Let me take a stab, though. Because he was "highly recruited", he is selfish?

A highly recruited guy can most likely play. If he's not the right fit here and doesn't work out he's going to move on. A highly recruited guy is going to think he can play and is going to be use to playing. Not being 4th string with no future in sight. Now maybe he will move ahead of brandon jackson because of his injury. In that case Brandon will probably transfer.

A highly recruited star behind of a bunch of young backs at 4th string?  There was rumors earlier last year that he was going to leave.

I hope that he would not transfer. But if he realizes that he may not be able to help this team, than transferring may not be a bad option for him. If BC does not really need him, it may be in his best interest to go elswhere. It would be nice to get him on the field and see what he could do. I as well heard rumors. The transfer rumors are just that, rumors. Hopefully he steps it up and is able to see some action.

Well...I think Lucky has just as much ability if not more than any of the other RB at NU. But...I just dont see him being the starter. I think he was given too much hype. He came from a weak region of football in Cali. and it made him shine. He wont be able to do that in D-1. But, he might make a believer out of me, but I dont see it.

Glenn...came from East Texas...known for strong football. Played on a team that wasnt to the caliber of him, but he carried his team to the play offs 4 years in a row. He did his job at NU this year...with the box stacked and everyone knowing what was coming, he still got the yardage needed for a firstdown or touchdown.

I dont see anyone beating out Glenn for the spot of starter...he's biggest and strongest. With the lack of line that Nebraska has showed...he looks as if he'll do more with less.

Another thing to think about...would Lucky have done what Glenn did in short yardage?? Also...I believe Glenn would have caught the passes that Lucky dropped.

I believe both are going to get better trying to beat each other out.

Going to be a good year.

:yeah

I disagree with buchhalter and alexander totally.

But you failed to name how many all american lienmen were playing with the others.

If Ross had the horses some of the top 5 or 6 had he would be there with them. He stumbled a few times but it was because he was having to work so hard to get it done. Running on a turf toe that would normally stop anyone from playing. Give the kid the respect he truly deserves.

I did not say the best back, you failed to mention him. I said one of the best. He did more with less than any you mentioned.

We will see.  If he isn't 3rd string he will be gone imo.

What makes you say that?

A highly recruited star behind of a bunch of young backs at 4th string? There was rumors earlier last year that he was going to leave.

Lucky was going to leave and Leaon talked him out of it.

God this board was going great until.

I disagree with buchhalter and alexander totally.

But you failed to name how many all american lienmen were playing with the others.

If Ross had the horses some of the top 5 or 6 had he would be there with them. He stumbled a few times but it was because he was having to work so hard to get it done. Running on a turf toe that would normally stop anyone from playing. Give the kid the respect he truly deserves.

I did not say the best back, you failed to mention him. I said one of the best. He did more with less than any you mentioned.

I said he was a good back aswell. The fact of the matter is we have had had some good backs here at nebraska. I just whipped off 10-12 off the top of my head. I'm guessing there are a few others that could go ahead of him aswell. I put him in the buckhalter/alexander range. Good backs but not top 10 here at nu. As far as line goes, Ross didn't have near as good as some did. You could also argue that he had a balanced attack and teams couldn't key on him like the one dimensional running attack. Cory was a very good back. He has a chance to make the pros and do something but don't think he will amount to a lot in the pros.

What makes you say that?

Their ban was lifted??? :bang

What makes you say that?

Their ban was lifted??? :bang

Never was banned to my knowledge. Sounds Like Glenn looked good today in practice.

***Freshman running back Cody Glenn was one of the more impressive looking players in day one of spring practice. Norvell said he was impressed the gains Glenn has made over the off-season.

"Cody has gotten bigger and stronger," Norvell said. "He's just a pup. He's going to get better everyday. He's really improved this off-season."

Got that off HuskersIllustrated.com.... Looks like its going to be a good year out of Baby Earl!

Looks like C-Train came to play.... :)

***Freshman running back Cody Glenn was one of the more impressive looking players in day one of spring practice. Norvell said he was impressed the gains Glenn has made over the off-season.

"Cody has gotten bigger and stronger," Norvell said. "He's just a pup. He's going to get better everyday. He's really improved this off-season."

Got that off HuskersIllustrated.com.... Looks like its going to be a good year out of Baby Earl!

I hope they all came to play. Good to hear that Cody is coming along nicely. :thumbs

good to hear...he's already huge! I would like to see a pic from practice of him...anyone find one of glenn?