Barfknecht: Husker A.D. owes fan base face time after worst loss in 60 years

Saunders

Lee is right in this case. SE does need to show his face and say something. He can't just hide in his office and say "Man I really f'd this up" He needs to own it. I think Riley is owning what is happening, I just don't think he has any answers.

He's just waiting for Emperor Palpatine Harvey Perlman to tell him what to do, because he's just a puppet.

• Fire 1

Can we all just agree that we aren't going to do this anymore? Canning Pelini, justly, and hiring Riley are two different things. One was a correct decision, and the other was not.

In my mind, Pelini forced Nebraska to fire him, so I'm not one of those guys that could even envision him here this year.

This also isn't about Riley being hired or fired.

This is about Eichorst getting up, getting out, and doing HIS job.

Because itt is possible for someone to:

• Think Pelini's time to move out had come
  • Think Riley should get more time
  • Think Eichorst needs to put on Big Boy AD pants and engage the people who make it possible for him to draw a paycheck.

Well, you won't get any arguments from me on bullets one and three. I am unsure on two.

I think it's only fair that he get's more time. If a third of the roster was walk ons, then we have to at least let him have a chance to compete with a full deck. In order to get rid of Riley after this season, we would have to admit that he was a bad choice to begin with and that would lead to Eichorst getting fired. With Perlman stepping down this summer, I just don't think logistically it's possible to hire a new chancellor, AD, and football coach in time for next season. So I am taking the cup is 1/10 full attitude and hoping that he will get things turned around.

More time is not going to convince Riley to suddenly play the best running back on the team. More time is not going to convince Riley not to sling the goddamn ball all over the yard in the wind late in the fourth with a lead. More time is not going to convince Riley to rotate offensive linemen. More time is not going to convince Riley we're wasting half a mil on a special teams coach that has done nothing but make special teams worse. More time is not going to make Riley fire our guys up and inspire them to greatness. Riley is an NFL-minded coach and a soft one at that.

There is no reason to give this dumpster fire of an experiment more time. We didn't want him when he was hired and we certainly don't want him at 3-6. Bye, Felicia.

• Fire 1

So, this guy is basically saying that Eichorst needs to come out from under his rock?...

...from who have we heard that before? :devil

Can we all just agree that we aren't going to do this anymore? Canning Pelini, justly, and hiring Riley are two different things. One was a correct decision, and the other was not.

I completely agree with you on the canning Pelini / hiring Riley thought. It drives me crazy when people act like we had to fire Pelini or hire Riley. We had lots of options as far as who we hired, but apparently didn't look at any of them.

So, this guy is basically saying that Eichorst needs to come out from under his rock?...

...from who have we heard that before? :devil

I completely agree with you on the canning Pelini / hiring Riley thought. It drives me crazy when people act like we had to fire Pelini or hire Riley. We had lots of options as far as who we hired, but apparently didn't look at any of them.

You are 100% correct.

http://journalstar.com/news/local/education/perlman-no-other-offers-made/article_5198a6ba-b968-518d-aec7-354a67b45b27.html