Have we learned anything yet?

I would take Callahan over Riley. At least Callahan had potential, and even showed he could recruit to NU. Callahan's downfall was Cosgrove. That is how bad Riley is, he has made me put Callahan's regime into perspective, that it actually makes me wonder if Callahan was really that bad? Callahan was a banned word in my household.

Just think if he kept Bo!

I would take Callahan over Riley. At least Callahan had potential, and even showed he could recruit to NU. Callahan's downfall was Cosgrove. That is how bad Riley is, he has made me put Callahan's regime into perspective, that it actually makes me wonder if Callahan was really that bad? Callahan was a banned word in my household.

Just think if he kept Bo!

Ha, probably would have been a good choice to start off since Husker nation loved Bo at that time. He would have won over some of the fan base.

Only the negative Sunshine Saturday NU Red capped parading fair weathered and short term fans using blogs do their best to degrade our wonderful program.

These fair weathered fans of convenience don’t remember [or can't even read about], or even care how long it took to rebuild the football program when Devaney left.

The fans and bloggers sure did a number when they hired Solich, Callahan, Pellini and Riley. Then, they doubled up and fired Solich, Callahan and Pellini. In between all the hiring and firing, they played, coached and lost a bunch of games as well as diminish the brand of Nebraska football. Those darn fans and bloggers, always up to no good!

Pretty soon those same fans and bloggers will quit packing the stadium every football Saturday as well, and put a nail in the coffin of the final nationally relevant record that Nebraska has. But wait, that hasn't happened yet. Can you explain why?

Only the negative Sunshine Saturday NU Red capped parading fair weathered and short term fans using blogs do their best to degrade our wonderful program. [/size]

These fair weathered fans of convenience don’t remember [or can't even read about], or even care how long it took to rebuild the football program when Devaney left. [/size]

The fans and bloggers sure did a number when they hired Solich, Callahan, Pellini and Riley. Then, they doubled up and fired Solich, Callahan and Pellini. In between all the hiring and firing, they played, coached and lost a bunch of games as well as diminish the brand of Nebraska football. Those darn fans and bloggers, always up to no good!

Pretty soon those same fans and bloggers will quit packing the stadium every football Saturday as well, and put a nail in the coffin of the final nationally relevant record that Nebraska has. But wait, that hasn't happened yet. Can you explain why?

Nebraska hasn't finished as a Top 10 team since 14 years ago - 2001. Most students at NU can't even remember that! It is time that you do a reboot to the new reality.

Only the negative Sunshine Saturday NU Red capped parading fair weathered and short term fans using blogs do their best to degrade our wonderful program. [/size]

These fair weathered fans of convenience don’t remember [or can't even read about], or even care how long it took to rebuild the football program when Devaney left. [/size]

Nebraska hasn't finished as a Top 10 team since 14 years ago - 2001. Most students at NU can't even remember that! It is time that you do a reboot to the new reality.

Huh? What does anything in your post have to do with what I said?

Nebraska has been going downhill since the 1955 loss to Hawaii.

Yeah, the Cornhuskers have had a few upticks a couple of seasons since, but a program can never really recover from something like that. :flush

http://dataomaha.com/media/husker_history/game-pdf/Hawaii_01_36.pdf

By the way, No. 67 of the picture in the attached newspaper article is my Uncle Jim, who now lives in Lexington. :rolleyes:

OT, but I enjoyed reading the old newspaper articles. Thanks. Does Oklahoma still have a carp problem? :)