Volkswagen and Nebraska Football

BIG ERN

It's very interesting that such a strong statement from a coaching legend, that actually coaches coaches how to coach. Is getting no play on this message board. This is a statement that most of us on Nuance's island have been saying for a while now.

Outstanding statement from a respected individual within the coaching profession.

The title of the thread doesn't exactly inspire opening it up- unless you already know what's inside. Headlines are tricky! :D

Yeah, the title gives no clue to the thread's content. But there have been so many negative threads these past couple months I've been reluctant to click on, a thread of unknown content is sort of inviting. :lol:

• Fire 1

Hooray Terry! Thank you Terry!

What a great statement! It is too bad the AD didn't lay it all out there for people to see. Now we have the revisionists ignore all that stuff and focusing on the AD's statements about "games that matter" and "players capable" etc.

I'd like to live in a "lay it all out there" world too Kernal, but that is not the world we live in. Spin, half-truths, non-truths, etc., is the world we have. It is what it is. No AD is going to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth in public about a fired coach.

• Fire 2

What a great statement! It is too bad the AD didn't lay it all out there for people to see. Now we have the revisionists ignore all that stuff and focusing on the AD's statements about "games that matter" and "players capable" etc.

Well, just who do you think paid Pettit to issue this missive? Or, do you REALLY think he did this of his own volition? Where does he get ihis supposed knowledge of the situation?

I think Pettit got his release date screwed up. There will be even more waters to calm after this week, another loss to blame on someone other than the current coaching staff. That's just elementary. Space it out a bit, Shawn!

After the Illinois game, they dropped the "former coaches tweeting players" bomb (that was later debunked by Collins) mid-week to deflect the discussion. Two (?) losses ago, the "90% positive emails" TV interview vote of confidence. This week the written (second) VOC from the AD on Sunday.

Yeah, this just came out of the blue...

• Fire 2

Its so hard for those who wear Big Red glasses to just ignore the fact that its more than coaching thats effecting this team. Its way more than just coaching, and I think alot of people on the outside know and can see it more clearly. When you have a former O-lineman, Zatecha, saying that talent pool on the O-line is not up to par, thats someone who played, and knows the position.

If you don't have good line play on either side, your not winning alot of games.

• Fire 4

I'd like to live in a "lay it all out there" world too Kernal, but that is not the world we live in. Spin, half-truths, non-truths, etc., is the world we have. It is what it is. No AD is going to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth in public about a fired coach.

The AD can't lay it all out there, there are legal issues involved with why they can't.

• Fire 1

"Allegedly" ...hell of a word there. I know people are all lining up to see and pull what they want from the statement but I lit upon this word.

"Allegedly" comes along when you make an accusation you have no proof of or you do not intend to offer, or both. It's the word you hide behind just in case what you've been told comes from a tainted source or you fear the consequences of voicing your own thoughts.

"Allegedly" says what Pettit writes holds as much water as anything you'll find in Rumorville.

p.s. Interesting use of the Volkswagon brand, the preferred vehicle of fascists worldwide since the 1930's... allegedly. :clap

The AD can't lay it all out there, there are legal issues involved with why they can't.

Well that's what I meant: that they didn't feel they had a legal position to spell it out. I mean that's a trade-off anyway, because by doing so you also admit you kept him on for a period of time in spite of the problems.

But I think if the truth were known, people now would be less likely to argue we were doing fine with Mr. #9wins.

Osborne was happy with the direction of NU football under Bo and didn't think that he needed to be fired.

Source?

LOL. At this point, I'd bet everything Pettit said is what Osborne is thinking. But Osborne will be Osborne and not say anything and life will go on assuming he is a full fledged Bo-liever.

What a disgusting world.

With any bit of common sense and knowledge of the man you'd know that TO at this point despises Bo. Wait. Check that. TO's faith is a cut above the rest. I dont think he would despise anyone. Or hate. He's a better man than that. But dont confuse that with supporting Bo's behavior, because that seems to be a lot of what's going on.

• Fire 2

So awesome. I wish Pelini had never stepped a foot into this program.

The more people in the know that come forward and call out that piece of sh#t, the better.

It obviously needs to be acknowledged more when you see so many people that seem to just ignore it.

Thank you Mr. Pettit for having the guts to speak the truth.

• Fire 1