I want to believe in the team again.

I really do.

I want to believe the Perlman gives a crap.

I want to believe that Eichorst made a glorious hire.

I want to believe that Reily is a outstanding coach, can recruit big time players, coach them up, inspire them to play great football.

I want to believe Banker knows that the other team isn't supposed to catch the ball unencumbered.

I want to believe in the toxic environment theory.

I want to believe the players are fractured.

I want to believe there is such discontent that players are almost not willing to play.

I want to believe the severe lack of depth is from past recruiting.

I want to believe we have better days ahead. Much better days...with this staff.

BUT YOU HAVE TO GIVE ME A REASON OTHER THAN YOUR PLATITUDES!

I understand it is probably a bad thing to air dirty laundry about the past staff including

• documenting the toxic waste that has become the football program.
  • giving names of players who aren't invested in THIS team and staff.
  • How things have and need to change.
  • etc...

But when all I get are platitudes and unverified accounts of things might be going on behind the scenes all I am left with is what I can see, hear, and read. And I don't see a good team, I don't hear about positive changes, and I don't read about the groundwork of positive change. All I get is sad game performances all around, loss after loss in winnable games, followed by votes of confidence in what is being done. The math on that doesn't work to someone like me.

I suppose after signing day then some of the truth may be brought to light but how can I believe when I have NOTHING to go off of except the word of the AD and Chancellor who are in bed with the focus of the issue?

Analogy.

I remember when the Qwest center was approved and work started on it. It was months before the structure started being erected because of the enormous amount of work that had to be done below ground. Electrical, plumbing, foundation, pilings, water, gas, sewer, etc... I heard people complaining that it didn't look like anything was being done because all you could see was dirt and a crane.

Is this REALLY where we are? What are the evidences of it?

Please inform because I REALLY want to believe.

• Fire 4

At this point all we have are platitudesencouraging words and statementsbecause we haven't seen it on the field yet. (btw, I had to look up the word "platitudes". lol) I'm looking forward to seeing better performance on the field, and a solid recruiting class. Then more fans will buy in.

When players, other coaches, hall of fame coaches, recruits, parents of recruits (Keyshawn Johnson), etc. are all crazy about Coach Riley, that gives me reason to be optimistic about him. I really do love the way he carries himself, and I want to see him succeed. It's really unfortunate the way this season has gone. With that said, I think if we bat the ball down against BYU, this is a totally different season. Last week I went back and watched the BYU game, and the offense was clicking pretty well.

IMO, the defense has made improvement in terms of the defensive back competing for the ball much better. I think Banker and Co. have made some adjustments to make this happen a little more, and the trade-off seems to be both our containment of the QB, as well as not stopping the run quite as well as we did earlier in the season.

As hard as it is to see, there are some bright spots. It just all needs to come together soon. I'm really hoping that we at least put up a competitive game against Mich St. If we get blown out, things might get really ugly.

Not sure where BC's recruiting class was ranked at this point in his first season. But I remember saying to myself back then that things were looking up because at least this guy was pulling in a great class. It was something tangible that you could look at and glean some hope from during a terrible season. I think the problem we are having, a lot of us, is there is nothing tangible we can look at and point to and say, "see, it might be bad now, but the future is looking bright."

I'm right there with you, give me something, anything to believe in right now.

You choose what you want to believe. It's pretty easy to be pessimistic right now and there is reason to be. But there are also reasons to be optimistic. I won't rehash it all now, but I think there is still some hope for the future. We are never going to get all the details of what is going on behind the curtain. From my perspective, nothing has really changed from the day we hired him. There were people who were against it, and there were people who had reason to think he could succeed here. There is evidence in both directions so it's up to you to decide what to believe.

• Fire 1

You choose what you want to believe. It's pretty easy to be pessimistic right now and there is reason to be. But there are also reasons to be optimistic. I won't rehash it all now, but I think there is still some hope for the future. We are never going to get all the details of what is going on behind the curtain. From my perspective, nothing has really changed from the day we hired him. There were people who were against it, and there were people who had reason to think he could succeed here. There is evidence in both directions so it's up to you to decide what to believe.

I was puzzled with the hire, but a couple hours later I adopted Mike Reily as MY coach.

From that moment til now LOTS have changed. Most of the manifestations of that change are on television sets on Saturdays and they are nearly all bad.

I don't have anything given me to believe in for the future, and I am looking for it.

I want to believe but the current admin makes it really tough. I dont think they are trying to ruin the program obviously but I do see gross incompetence at the AD level. I will vote with my wallet this year though. This will be the first year in a while that I won't donate. I'm not a big money booster by any means but I usually give around 1K a year to the athletic dept. I will not resume that practice as long as SE is involved with this institution.

Recruiting. We have heard a lot about how Mike can get the best guys and how he is on these big names. Just be patient.

Then I read Three Point Stance by Rivals Recruiting guru Mike Farrell and I am less than impressed.

He calls it... a Swing and a Miss.

https://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1820437

Mike Farrell

National Recruiting Director

I like how he was able to poke fun at himself after whiffing on that recommendation. Just too bad that certain fans of the program can't see what pretty much everyone outside in the program and media realize already.

Recruiting. We have heard a lot about how Mike can get the best guys and how he is on these big names. Just be patient.

Then I read Three Point Stance by Rivals Recruiting guru Mike Farrell and I am less than impressed.

He calls it... a Swing and a Miss.

https://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1820437

Mike Farrell

National Recruiting Director

I like how he was able to poke fun at himself after whiffing on that recommendation. Just too bad that certain fans of the program can't see what pretty much everyone outside in the program and media realize already.

Let's not misrepresent the article, either. He is making exactly ZERO comments on either coach's recruiting ability. Just the current W-L record, and how his preseason prediction was wrong. Yes, he is suggesting that Riley is a worse coach than McElwain. Not exactly a newsflash.

He is not disparaging MRs recruiting, though.