0:01

Perhaps things have to go full circle to get us out of this funk. Just a thought.

I love it. Of course, if Nebraska does get out of the funk, this won't literally be the reason why -- but it's how it will be remembered, and appropriately too. It's very poetic :)

Both plays came with 7 seconds left on the clock.

Circle won't be complete until we destroy an undefeated team in the last game of the season when they are in the running for a NC. So maybe in 3 weeks?

With school colors of black and "gold" no less.....that resides in a state that borders Nebraska....

I feel a cleanse coming on!

Now, that is fortuitous. I think we are going to need one of these to say "Hawks Suck" :bluffs

The 2009 call was, in fact, the correct call. The ball hit the ground out of bounds with 1 second left. Cook's pass hit the ground out of bounds as time expired.

Enhance came in here a put a knife through everyone's ball and kicked it on the roof. Getting back on track... :hookerhorns

Except that the problem with that example is that the officials were letting time 'leak' away the whole game. They needed to be consistent--either they put something like :57 back on the clock (been a while since I read how much time they let slip w/o putting it back on), or they let the second go and the game is over. z

You don't change the consistency of your calls to suit the mood your in. A strike in inning 1 should be a strike in inning 9. A hold in the first quarter should be a hold in the 4th quarter. So on and so forth...

...anyway, that's water under the bridge, and the vermin proved they weren't deserving of that win by being blown out by 'Bama.

The 2009 call was, in fact, the correct call. The ball hit the ground out of bounds with 1 second left. Cook's pass hit the ground out of bounds as time expired.

Enhance came in here a put a knife through everyone's ball and kicked it on the roof. Getting back on track... :hookerhorns

Except that the problem with that example is that the officials were letting time 'leak' away the whole game. They needed to be consistent--either they put something like :57 back on the clock (been a while since I read how much time they let slip w/o putting it back on), or they let the second go and the game is over. z

You don't change the consistency of your calls to suit the mood your in. A strike in inning 1 should be a strike in inning 9. A hold in the first quarter should be a hold in the 4th quarter. So on and so forth...

...anyway, that's water under the bridge, and the vermin proved they weren't deserving of that win by being blown out by 'Bama.

While I agree with you in principle, we both know this isn't how the rules are enforced. Clock management always comes down to the situation and you can find an example of it almost every single week in college and the NFL.

Seconds only matter if they're about to screw you over.