0:01

I think they were on the 40 yard line or so. Would have been a *long* field goal attempt, but not necessarily impossible. There wasn't much wind to contend with.

ESPN game summary says they were at the 41, so a 58 yard field goal. Their kicker's career long was 49 yards and he has never attempted anything over 50.

I think they were on the 40 yard line or so. Would have been a *long* field goal attempt, but not necessarily impossible. There wasn't much wind to contend with.

ESPN game summary says they were at the 41, so a 58 yard field goal. Their kicker's career long was 49 yards and he has never attempted anything over 50.

Their kicker looked pretty good in warm ups, but if he hadn't attempted a 50+ FG before, a hail mary attempt probably would have been their best bet then (assuming :01 remained). MSU didn't show much of a deep threat most of the game - I think I like our odds in that case.

I am not a tin foil hat wearing kind of guy. Nor do I necessarily believe in Omens. But this struck me on Saturday's win.

In 2009, we were in a battle with a top 5 team in Texas in the Big 12 championship. We all know how it ended with Colt McCoy throwing the football out of bounds with what appeared to be no time left and securing a Nebraska win 12-10. instead, Mack Brown walks onto the field and basically demands the refs put one second on the clock. Texas kicks the FG to win 13-12.

Many people believe that it was this play that was sort of a turning point for the Huskers that they weren't going to be good for some time.

Fast forward 6 years after we looked like we hit rock bottom with giving up 55 points and a loss to Purdue. The next opponent is #8 Michigan State. We are winning by 1 point when the QB throws the ball out of bounds with what appears no time left on the clock securing the win for Nebraska. Dantonio walks out on to the field looking for one second to be put back on the clock for one more play. The refs didn't give it to him.

Perhaps things have to go full circle to get us out of this funk. Just a thought.

That's deep bro! :moreinteresting

• Fire 1