Star Wars: Battlefront

Is that a pc image? That looks amazing.

I've barely played it since I bought it as I have been busy but tonight I plan on getting some time in. I really like it so far.

Yeah, PC 4k render on Ultra. I'd be playing on PC, but I have more people on PS4 to play with, so I'm going that route. I'll pick it up on sale eventually to see it in full glory.

If ya'll are on PS4, add me. PSNid: DarkSaunders

• Fire 1

Is that a pc image? That looks amazing.

I've barely played it since I bought it as I have been busy but tonight I plan on getting some time in. I really like it so far.

Yeah, PC 4k render on Ultra. I'd be playing on PC, but I have more people on PS4 to play with, so I'm going that route. I'll pick it up on sale eventually to see it in full glory.

If ya'll are on PS4, add me. PSNid: DarkSaunders

Haha nice.

As a FPS fan and playing Battlefield since Bad Company and averaging over a 3/1 K/D ratio, I am STRUGGLING to kill any body more so at a distance.

This game blows and here are my reasons why.

Gun mechanics

There is absolutely no benefit burst firing your blaster over holding down the trigger, just actually makes no sense. DICE have always supported this type of shooting style since Bad Company but they implement that same philosophy into this game. Using this technique would allow users to kill more enemies at a distance and making the blaster that more accurate. I've tried zooming in while in 3rd person shooting at people at a distance with no avail.

Hero system

When the first trailer debuted for this game, DICE praised its fans that you can play as your favorite hero or villain but yet I've only played as a hero twice, a villain three times and I've flown the Millennium Falcon three times in 67 matches that I have played. It amazes me how fast people find these once the round starts and through out the round. I wish that DICE would've marked these hero pick ups on the mini map so you can find them a lot more easier.

Bots in Fighter Squadron

Why have bots in this game mode if they're not going to transfer over to your stats as kills? It defeats the purpose of having these bots in the game mode. Take them out so I can take out the opposing team where it actually matters in the stats. The most kills I've got in a round of killing actual gamers are 7 but more than likely I kill more bots than I do human players about 90% of the time.

3rd person trumps 1st person

Why offer 1st person in this game when they very well know nobody is going to use that viewing angle. Switching from 3rd person to 1st isn't going to give you more of an advantage.

Customization and only 4 planets

Very lack of any customization and stormtroopers with no helmets on is the stupidest things they brought into this game. Why couldn't they add armor, war marks, paint, etc on the stormtroopers? Also I play Walker Assault about 75% of the time and playing the same 4 maps over and over gets really boring and repetitive.

As a FPS fan and playing Battlefield since Bad Company and averaging over a 3/1 K/D ratio, I am STRUGGLING to kill any body more so at a distance.

Gun mechanics

There is absolutely no benefit burst firing your blaster over holding down the trigger, just actually makes no sense. DICE have always supported this type of shooting style since Bad Company but they implement that same philosophy into this game. Using this technique would allow users to kill more enemies at a distance and making the blaster that more accurate. I've tried zooming in while in 3rd person shooting at people at a distance with no avail.

Hero system

When the first trailer debuted for this game, DICE praised its fans that you can play as your favorite hero or villain but yet I've only played as a hero twice, a villain three times and I've flown the Millennium Falcon three times in 67 matches that I have played. It amazes me how fast people find these once the round starts and through out the round. I wish that DICE would've marked these hero pick ups on the mini map so you can find them a lot more easier.

Bots in Fighter Squadron

Why have bots in this game mode if they're not going to transfer over to your stats as kills? It defeats the purpose of having these bots in the game mode. Take them out so I can take out the opposing team where it actually matters in the stats. The most kills I've got in a round of killing actual gamers are 7 but more than likely I kill more bots than I do human players about 90% of the time.

Why offer 1st person in this game when they very well know nobody is going to use that viewing angle. Switching from 3rd person to 1st isn't going to give you more of an advantage.

Very lack of any customization and stormtroopers with no helmets on is the stupidest things they brought into this game. Why couldn't they add armor, war marks, paint, etc on the stormtroopers? Also I play Walker Assault about 75% of the time and playing the same 4 maps over and over gets really boring and repetitive.

Thanks for your perspective. I've been waiting to hear what people think about it before I buy.

A couple questions for you - first, on the hero system, it seems kind of fair to me. I mean, they're clearly overpowered additions with limited play time when you do get them. I averaged out that basically in the 67 matches you've played you've gotten a hero power 11.7% of the time. I'm not saying that's a lot, but if that chance were increased (and the powers shown on the mini map) wouldn't that make it so a hero was active a lot? It seems like good balance to me and adding more opportunity would make the powers less thrilling when you do get them, no? I mean, the core gameplay is basically FPS.

Second, I've almost never played a video game by choice in 3rd person because I find first person more user friendly. I don't like the clutter a 3rd person gives me. Do people really just play in 3rd and what's the advantage in your opinion?

Gun mechanics

Hero system

Bots in Fighter Squadron

Thanks for your perspective. I've been waiting to hear what people think about it before I buy.

A couple questions for you - first, on the hero system, it seems kind of fair to me. I mean, they're clearly overpowered additions with limited play time when you do get them. I averaged out that basically in the 67 matches you've played you've gotten a hero power 11.7% of the time. I'm not saying that's a lot, but if that chance were increased (and the powers shown on the mini map) wouldn't that make it so a hero was active a lot? It seems like good balance to me and adding more opportunity would make the powers less thrilling when you do get them, no? I mean, the core gameplay is basically FPS.

Second, I've almost never played a video game by choice in 3rd person because I find first person more user friendly. I don't like the clutter a 3rd person gives me. Do people really just play in 3rd and what's the advantage in your opinion?

My complaint about the Hero pickups is that I wish it would show up on the mini radar to make it easier to find them that's all. Other than that it is pretty balanced. What's really nice is once you pick it up you have an option to pick which villain or hero to be.

With the option with having 1st person or 3rd person is better field of view. You can see your enemy a lot better around corners and stuff. Now when you play Endor with all the trees, shrubs, etc it's a lot harder seeing everything in 1st.

I think the number 1 problem with this game is the hit detection. Far more times when I'm shooting my target, it gets to the point that my gun over heats right after I kill the target or I don't get any assist points even though it showed that my shots were registering. This same problem along with lag, rubber banding and net code plagued Battlefield 4 for close to a year and guess who designed Battlefield 4.......DICE the same developer that made Battlefront. Hell for a few months there was a known issue that if you had a horrible ping you were going to have a better advantage to those who had a good ping.

There are several topics on the Star Wars EA forums both in PC and PS4 sections complaining about the hit detection. I know I'm not a noon when it comes to first person shooters but I can not for the life of me buy kills in this game. Most of the time I barely get 3-5 more kills than deaths. Lots of gamers are complaining that these hit detection problems are only happening on the bigger player count rooms when again was another issue with DICE on Battlefield 44 until they finally fixed it almost a year later forcing players to play in 16v16 rooms rather the 32v32 rooms.

You don't have the option to find servers especially those servers in the US only which is another fail on DICE's part.

I knew there would be problems with this game because of DICE's track record but I didn't think I would ever struggle to kill anyone in this game. Those who played the beta said it was a lot easier killing their target than in the retail version.

Gun mechanics

Hero system

Bots in Fighter Squadron

My complaint about the Hero pickups is that I wish it would show up on the mini radar to make it easier to find them that's all. Other than that it is pretty balanced. What's really nice is once you pick it up you have an option to pick which villain or hero to be.

With the option with having 1st person or 3rd person is better field of view. You can see your enemy a lot better around corners and stuff. Now when you play Endor with all the trees, shrubs, etc it's a lot harder seeing everything in 1st.

I think the number 1 problem with this game is the hit detection. Far more times when I'm shooting my target, it gets to the point that my gun over heats right after I kill the target or I don't get any assist points even though it showed that my shots were registering. This same problem along with lag, rubber banding and net code plagued Battlefield 4 for close to a year and guess who designed Battlefield 4.......DICE the same developer that made Battlefront. Hell for a few months there was a known issue that if you had a horrible ping you were going to have a better advantage to those who had a good ping.

There are several topics on the Star Wars EA forums both in PC and PS4 sections complaining about the hit detection. I know I'm not a noon when it comes to first person shooters but I can not for the life of me buy kills in this game. Most of the time I barely get 3-5 more kills than deaths. Lots of gamers are complaining that these hit detection problems are only happening on the bigger player count rooms when again was another issue with DICE on Battlefield 44 until they finally fixed it almost a year later forcing players to play in 16v16 rooms rather the 32v32 rooms.

You don't have the option to find servers especially those servers in the US only which is another fail on DICE's part.

I knew there would be problems with this game because of DICE's track record but I didn't think I would ever struggle to kill anyone in this game. Those who played the beta said it was a lot easier killing their target than in the retail version.

The hit detection and rubber banding is disappointing. I remember that being a concern with BF4 after release. It was also a problem in COD Black Ops for a long time (not even sure if that one got fixed, really).

Just wanted to come back in here to announce that I have found the fix to my shooting problems.

So this game already has the controller sensitivity set at 20% which is perfect for me since I have my sensitivity on BF4 set somewhere around 22%-25%. So after reading some threads at the Battlefront forums at the EA site, somebody had mentioned that they set their sensitivity to 10% and it helped them out.

So after setting it down to 10%, I'm proud to say that I have been wrecking fools.

Just wanted to come back in here to announce that I have found the fix to my shooting problems.

So this game already has the controller sensitivity set at 20% which is perfect for me since I have my sensitivity on BF4 set somewhere around 22%-25%. So after reading some threads at the Battlefront forums at the EA site, somebody had mentioned that they set their sensitivity to 10% and it helped them out.

So after setting it down to 10%, I'm proud to say that I have been wrecking fools.

Haha that's so strange. Do you think it's because the game's recoil was having an unintentionally drastic effect on your shot registry?

Haha that's so strange. Do you think it's because the game's recoil was having an unintentionally drastic effect on your shot registry?

I have no idea but I can say that this has been the lowest control sensitivity I have ever set it as.......ever

Been playing for a week, and I'm disappointed. This game will grow old very fast. I also didn't know that once again I would be paying full price for a quarter of the game, since they will be doing installments like Destiny and others. Dice crushed it with Battlefield 2 back in the day. They made an amazing game, but ever since have been falling shorter and shorter.

The game play is fun, but the mechanics of the hero pickups and vehicle pick ups sucks. Like Dewiz said they can be hard to find right now. Eventual you'll know where they're at since they spawn in the same locations. Flying is a little difficult for me since the controls are extremely basic. There is no yaw or axial control, and barrel rolls can only be done using an evasive maneuvers button which has a cool down after use.

Lack of a campaign really sucks, and makes the missions almost pointless to play once you've figured out game mechanics. Also there's a diorama that you collect figures for, utterly pointless...

On the plus side it is a beautiful game. But this will be the last fps I ever buy until the industry changes its ways.