I've trash talked the coaching staff so..,.

Yeah well, they made a bunch of stupid moves last week and won in spite of themselves and today they just did what they were supposed to do....get a lead and run the damn ball. I don't know why it took them 11 games to figure this out, but it is an improvement. However the frustrating part is that this team could easily be 9-2, 10-1 or even 11-0 right now instead of 5-6. I just hope it will not take nearly the entire fan base calling for their heads to get them to pull their heads out of their a** every year (I really wish there wouldn't be an "every year", but I know that's too much to wish for).

• Fire 2

Yeah well, they made a bunch of stupid moves last week and won in spite of themselves and today they just did what they were supposed to do....get a lead and run the damn ball. I don't know why it took them 11 games to figure this out, but it is an improvement. However the frustrating part is that this team could easily be 9-2, 10-1 or even 11-0 right now instead of 5-6. I just hope it will not take nearly the entire fan base calling for their heads to get them to pull their heads out of their a** every year (I really wish there wouldn't be an "every year", but I know that's too much to wish for).

You think the coaches actually listen to what the fan base wants in regards to, well, anything? LOL!!

You think the coaches actually listen to what the fan base wants in regards to, well, anything? LOL!!

Well, no I don't but they changed their approach for some reason and for whatever that was, I hope they keep it changed.

• Fire 2

Well, no I don't but they changed their approach for some reason and for whatever that was, I hope they keep it changed.

I think what you're seeing is that the players are becoming more comfortable with the systems. I'm fairly certain the coaches remain consistent in their philosophies.

• Fire 7

I think what you're seeing is that the players are becoming more comfortable with the systems. I'm fairly certain the coaches remain consistent in their philosophies.

It's almost like you're saying they've been in their careers for quite awhile and feel like you have an idea of what their doing. I feel like this is an unacceptable answer.

• Fire 1

It's almost like you're saying they've been in their careers for quite awhile and feel like you have an idea of what their doing. I feel like this is an unacceptable answer.

Crazy, I know.

Whatever went on after that Purdue game-whether it be player to player, coach to player, or even player to coach-has had nothing but positive affects. Obviously therewas some sort of foot put down after the abysmal northwestern and purdue games. The desire and effort these guys are playing with is how we need to play. Big shoutouts to Nate Gerry and Greg Mcmullen. These twoguys were the butt of most of my criticisms this year but these guys have beought it last two games. Playing hard and fast can overcome a lot of deficiencies. And heres the thing with gerry. As much as hes not the best fit physically for this system, he played very well today schematically.

• Fire 2

This is likely at least part of the improvement we are seeing.

Wish whatever "clicked" had clicked weeks ago. Same team and staff that started this season.

Don't know if its the heat of being fired, finally healthy, butts being kicked in the locker room, captains finally challenging guys or what, but the past 2 games we have looked better and are improving.

Iowa is beatable. Beathard is getting it done for Iowa. They play sound and physical. Nothing flashy. NU just needs to man up in the trenches and POUND THE ROCK.

This game (win or loss) IMO, will rest solely on the play calling of Langs. He needs to take this next 2 weeks and really truly do what was promised in January. Look at what we do well and do that. This game is for the seniors and a shot at a bowl. His (their) system can wait 2 more games. (I am optimistic as this and a bowl game) Do what has been working. Power running to open the pass, PA off the run, move TA into designed option/pass rollouts. Limit his reads. Crap can that screen play, please. Put TA in a position to succeed. Let him know there are many play makers on this team. He doesn't have to do it on his own.

We have the talent to win as evidenced by MSU and ultimately the close games and wins form last year. IMO, 4 of the losses were poor coaching with play calling and time management.

2 weeks. 2 weeks to prepare and see what this "experienced" staff can do.

• Fire 1