I've trash talked the coaching staff so..,.

If we had a qb that could make the most basic throws in the game, this "air raid" as you call it, woulda lead to an addition couple touchdowns, kept them off the scoreboard, and the resulting 28/35-0 halftime lead woulda been deemed as genius.

That's the problem with this coaching staff. Riley said he was not going to force his system on these players and he has done nothing but square peg/round hole it, since he got to Lincoln. That's why he's not a good coach. This is easily a 9-win team if he coaches it correctly. However, he has been stubborn and consistently tried to make this team the Nebraska Beavers. It hasn't worked.

this has nothing to do with system. Tommy misses the most basic throws in quarterbacking. Throws that 8 year old pop warner kids make. Two plays after throwing a frozen rope 55 yards for a td.

Its 2015. You have to throw the ball some. Kriest. Even Stanford throws it 25 times a game. Abd thats not counting dropbacks that resilt in sacks. And theyre 8-2 playin with a lead much more than we have with a much better oline and running game.

Your first paragraph is BS. Is he perfect? No. But no QB is.

I beg you to name an 8 year old QB that can do better than TA.

At what point does this "square peg, round hole" bullsh#t get put to rest? When exactly is Riley allowed to institute his own system? I think the coaches have done a fine job of mixing it up. Eventually the entire roster will be Riley recruits. At some point the "old system" is going to have to be discarded so that the current coach can run his program.

• Fire 4

They have averaged 7.6 yards per passing attempt, and 4.7 yards per rushing attempt.

Have sacks been factored in as runs or passes in this math?

Because if one takes the 24 sacks with the -162 yards and count them as pass plays instead of running plays, it looks like 6.22 yards per rushing attempt and 6.77 yards per passing attempt.

• Fire 1

At what point does this "square peg, round hole" bullsh#t get put to rest?

I suspect when Riley notches a nine win season or his 5th year at Nebraska, whichever comes first.

So short answer: Not today and not next month.

If that's the case I'll just chalk it up to someone not having a clue as to what he is talking about. Kinda like the "fire a new coach after 3 games" people. Complete maroons.

Hey, if you guys think this coaching staff is doing a great job, they enjoy it. I think they are horrible. I have to admit I have been very disappointed, I listened to the hype about what an underrated coach Riley was and what a great fit he would be in Nebraska, blah, blah, blah...but he is a career .500 coach and it is pretty clear why.

I am not a fan of our last coach...it was time for him to go...but I was really hoping to get a GOOD coach, not this mess. But if you guys all think Riley is doing a good job, good for you. If you can watch this circus and think this is good coaching, then I guess it's all good for you. Nothing I can say is going to change your minds, nor would I want to. I was just discussing things. So enjoy Riley-Ball I guess. It's what we have. I just know it's not what we fans were promised.

Hey, if you guys think this coaching staff is doing a great job, they enjoy it. I think they are horrible. I have to admit I have been very disappointed, I listened to the hype about what an underrated coach Riley was and what a great fit he would be in Nebraska, blah, blah, blah...but he is a career .500 coach and it is pretty clear why.

I am not a fan of our last coach...it was time for him to go...but I was really hoping to get a GOOD coach, not this mess. But if you guys all think Riley is doing a good job, good for you. If you can watch this circus and think this is good coaching, then I guess it's all good for you. Nothing I can say is going to change your minds, nor would I want to. I was just discussing things. So enjoy Riley-Ball I guess. It's what we have. I just know it's not what we fans were promised.

What were we fans promised in year one?

If we had a qb that could make the most basic throws in the game, this "air raid" as you call it, woulda lead to an addition couple touchdowns, kept them off the scoreboard, and the resulting 28/35-0 halftime lead woulda been deemed as genius.

That's the problem with this coaching staff. Riley said he was not going to force his system on these players and he has done nothing but square peg/round hole it, since he got to Lincoln. That's why he's not a good coach. This is easily a 9-win team if he coaches it correctly. However, he has been stubborn and consistently tried to make this team the Nebraska Beavers. It hasn't worked.
this has nothing to do with system. Tommy misses the most basic throws in quarterbacking. Throws that 8 year old pop warner kids make. Two plays after throwing a frozen rope 55 yards for a td.

Its 2015. You have to throw the ball some. Kriest. Even Stanford throws it 25 times a game. Abd thats not counting dropbacks that resilt in sacks. And theyre 8-2 playin with a lead much more than we have with a much better oline and running game.

Your first paragraph is BS. Is he perfect? No. But no QB is.

I beg you to name an 8 year old QB that can do better than TA.

well first off, the 8 yr old comment was sarcastic. A little extra mustard to support my point. I apologize that youre not smarte enough to figure that out and took it down the literal road. Jesus.

2nd. Its not about bei g perfect. And yes, all qbs miss throws. I know. Im a Chiefs fan. Manning went 5/20 before getting benched today. But heres the deal. Tommy ROUTINELY misses the simple throws. How many screens have we had set up perfectly for huge gains but he cant make the throw. Notice the bubble wasnt heavily used saturday. These are fundamental throws needed to succeed in any system and his inability to make them consistently-or in some cases, at all-severely hamstrings what i think is consistently excellent play design by Riley and Langsdorf.

You call it bs. I call it film study.

• Fire 1

2014 Nebraska offense

37.8 PPG

452.3 YPG

6.2 Yards Per Play

41.3% 3rd Down Conversions

60.7% Offensive Efficiency

2015 Nebraska offense

33.6 PPG

443.4 YPG

6.2 Yards Per Play

43.5% 3rd Down Conversions

64% Offensive Efficiency

No Ameer Abdullah, No Demornay Pierson-El, no Kenny Bell, how many new starters on the line?

Our offense is doing just fine.

• Fire 6

Hey, if you like Riley, like I said...enjoy it. I'm glad someone likes him. I had some comments to make, if you don't agree, fine...whatever.

Hey, if you like Riley, like I said...enjoy it. I'm glad someone likes him. I had some comments to make, if you don't agree, fine...whatever.

At what point does this "square peg, round hole" bullsh#t get put to rest?

I suspect when Riley notches a nine win season or his 5th year at Nebraska, whichever comes first.

So short answer: Not today and not next month.

A. When Riley & Co start playing to the strengths of the team he has, or

B. When Riley & Co get the players that fit their scheme.