Migration

It's been noted in the past France is an especially fertile ground for radicalization due to having a bitterly marginalized and poorly integrated muslim minority. The prison statistics are particularly striking: muslims are only 7.5 % of the population yet make up 50% of the prison population.

Muslims in the USA, by contrast, are well integrated into society, underrepresented in prisons and less likely to succumb to radicalization.

You my fellow Husker fan are delusional.

It's been noted in the past France is an especially fertile ground for radicalization due to having a bitterly marginalized and poorly integrated muslim minority. The prison statistics are particularly striking: muslims are only 7.5 % of the population yet make up 50% of the prison population.

Muslims in the USA, by contrast, are well integrated into society, underrepresented in prisons and less likely to succumb to radicalization.

I think it suits me.
  • Fire 1

I don't remember a lot of the details but France is very strict in how they deal with foreigners. They want to make sure everyone conforms to everything French so they don't lose their identity. There are laws on how much French music has to be played on the radio, for example. I'm guessing Muslim women have way less rights on when/where they can wear a hijab.

http://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/french-government-revives-assimilation-policy/

So strict that what happened on Saturday is just another bump in the road right? "What difference does it make"!

What news outlet and websites aren't biased? Everyone has an agenda. Just cuz you don't agree with it doesn't make it any more bias than the sites you might align with.

Damn, the double standards are in full force today

Some are way more biased than others. When it takes me looking at one link in the article to find out they're basically making things up, then there's a problem. When the headline for the entire site is taking a shot at the other side, then there's a problem. You have to take what they say with a grain of salt. The main thing is you have to look deeper into what they're saying than just take it on face value. That's what you should do regardless of where the article/story is from.

• Fire 5

I don't remember a lot of the details but France is very strict in how they deal with foreigners. They want to make sure everyone conforms to everything French so they don't lose their identity. There are laws on how much French music has to be played on the radio, for example. I'm guessing Muslim women have way less rights on when/where they can wear a hijab.

http://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/french-government-revives-assimilation-policy/

So strict that what happened on Saturday is just another bump in the road right? "What difference does it make"!

What are you trying to say? It's hard to know sometimes. I didn't even state an opinion about anything in that post.

America has sacrificed beyond measure to try to help the Muslim world deal with its 14th century attitudes and violent intolerance of anyone not a Muslim of the right stripes. We have lost thousands of our very soldiers and squandered vast fortunes of our treasury to be spat upon and attacked as our thanks.

America has done much to destabilize the region and help facilitate that rise of terrorist groups including ISIS. America bears some responsibility for why the Middle East is the quagmire that it is today and it is easy to understand why many have hostile attitudes toward America.

No "refugees"! No 'immigrants'! No guest workers! Nobody and that means not one more from any Muslim country. Period. End of story. All of those here on temporary permits, visas, work cards, etc. need to go home ASAP! We don't need anymore. Our population is already 100 million too high for our resources and governance.

I know several Muslims that are here on student visas working on a Ph.D. I will pass along the message that Muslim foreigners are no longer welcome here and that they should conduct their groundbreaking research for some other country.

I guess 1400 years of terrorism doesn't define a religion, yet 200 years of Western slavery defines whites.

I don't think you know what the word delusional means.

• Fire 1

America has sacrificed beyond measure to try to help the Muslim world deal with its 14th century attitudes and violent intolerance of anyone not a Muslim of the right stripes. We have lost thousands of our very soldiers and squandered vast fortunes of our treasury to be spat upon and attacked as our thanks.

America has done much to destabilize the region and help facilitate that rise of terrorist groups including ISIS. America bears some responsibility for why the Middle East is the quagmire that it is today and it is easy to understand why many have hostile attitudes toward America.

No "refugees"! No 'immigrants'! No guest workers! Nobody and that means not one more from any Muslim country. Period. End of story. All of those here on temporary permits, visas, work cards, etc. need to go home ASAP! We don't need anymore. Our population is already 100 million too high for our resources and governance.

I know several Muslims that are here on student visas working on a Ph.D. I will pass along the message that Muslim foreigners are no longer welcome here and that they should conduct their groundbreaking research for some other country.

I guess 1400 years of terrorism doesn't define a religion, yet 200 years of Western slavery defines whites.

Who's saying that? Seriously, your posts make no sense. At least I can attempt to have a conversation with Coach, heh.

These poor people are victims of the crazy folks at ISIS. If you should encounter any of them, please do the American thing, the Christian thing, the right thing and make them feel at home. They've just been displaced, but can have a new life here.

Hopefully we, as the USA, do our part. We are able to enjoy a wealthy, stable country and it's our good fortune. They aren't things that these people deserve any less, and having been born in a place so afflicted with violence is not their fault. It's possible that one day, the shoe will be on the other foot. Always have to count on the goodness in human nature, for the able to help out the suffering.

• Fire 1

What news outlet and websites aren't biased? Everyone has an agenda. Just cuz you don't agree with it doesn't make it any more bias than the sites you might align with.

Damn, the double standards are in full force today

Agreed, I prefer my news from aljazera or bbc. RT is a hoot.

Anyone remember when some Americans railed against France, because they didn't support our war with Iraq? Which ironically is now a keyhold for ISIS. Freedom fries and freedom toast are still the dumbest things I've ever heard

These poor people are victims of the crazy folks at ISIS. If you should encounter any of them, please do the American thing, the Christian thing, the right thing and make them feel at home. They've just been displaced, but can have a new life here.

Hopefully we, as the USA, do our part. We are able to enjoy a wealthy, stable country and it's our good fortune. They aren't things that these people deserve any less, and having been born in a place so afflicted with violence is not their fault. It's possible that one day, the shoe will be on the other foot. Always have to count on the goodness in human nature, for the able to help out the suffering.

Prove it.

• Fire 4

They absolutely are a disaster in Europe and the consequences for the society there are almost indescribable. This can not be allowed to happen to the United States. We should allow NONE, Zip, zero, nada.

I work with a guy from England and a Guy from Belgium. The one from Belgium said it is complete train wreck and people are getting scared. The English guy said it wasn't that bad yet, but all signs are pointing to that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_XHkgScOSY

• Fire 1