Random meeting with Coach Mike Riley.

QMany

As frustrating as this year has been and as surprised all of us were on his hiring, I believe all of us want him to succeed and take us back to the top of the pack.

I completely agree.

Did you ask or did he mention any surprises during the season - from fan support and NU culture to the differences between Pac 12 and Big 10?

We didn't get into the differences in the conferences, but he did speak about the Husker fans he'd met all over the country. It almost sounded like he had similar experiences, randomly meeting fans while scouting, in Michigan and Illinois that day and the day prior.

I'm sure Riley was willing to stand there and chit-chat because Q and his brother weren't beating Riley down with a bunch of football questions. These coaches have lives outside of football. Even though Riley was on a recruiting trip, I am sure he was glad to not hear a bunch of football crap from a couple of deranged fans.

Riley is the type of guy though that even if you did talk to him about football and bombard him with football questions he would answer them and genuinely enjoy the conversation. The guy really is an incredibly sincere and nice person.

I'm sure Riley was willing to stand there and chit-chat because Q and his brother weren't beating Riley down with a bunch of football questions. These coaches have lives outside of football. Even though Riley was on a recruiting trip, I am sure he was glad to not hear a bunch of football crap from a couple of deranged fans.

Riley is the type of guy though that even if you did talk to him about football and bombard him with football questions he would answer them and genuinely enjoy the conversation. The guy really is an incredibly sincere and nice person.

I'm not doubting that Riley isn't sincere and nice. However, if Q and his brother were beating down Riley with a bunch of football questions, I would expect Riley to find an excuse to leave the conversation after 15 minutes. I give a lot of credit to Q and his brother for treating Riley like a normal person and not beating him down.

• Fire 1

I'm not doubting that Riley isn't sincere and nice. However, if Q and his brother were beating down Riley with a bunch of football questions, I would expect Riley to find an excuse to leave the conversation after 15 minutes. I give a lot of credit to Q and his brother for treating Riley like a normal person and not beating him down.

I call that respect.