Random meeting with Coach Mike Riley.

QMany

I would say 'pics or it didn't happen' but you thought ahead. Well, at least the pics prove you were at a football game on field level and Mike Riley was there. The content and or length of the conversation can't be proven, but considering your other evidence (namely the pics) I'm inclined to believe you. Riley sounds like a nice guy, and nebraska can be a national contender under him and his staff (yes, his entire current staff) if he can commit to a solid run game (all I'm asking for is a 60/40 split in favor of the run unless we are two scores behind). Sounds like he's still putting in the effort to get those recruits, which is definitely something we need. I'm hopeful for the future, even if this season wasn't as good as I'd hoped.

I didn't realize that Riley drafted LaDainian Tomlinson and Drew Brees (in back-to-back rounds) when he coached the Chargers. "That was one of the good things I did during my time in Southern California." :lol: He also mentioned that his time in Winnipeg helped him prepare for winter football in Nebraska.

Surprised that a coach would stay to watch that much of a game but if that's what it takes to recruit a player.

He had just flown in from Illinois, so I was really surprised he was staying as late as he did. The worst part was that he missed Simmons' two amazing TD receptions!

Did he share anything about how recruiting was going or who the silent commit is?

Patrick O'Brien had signed that day, so he was only candid about him when mentioned. "You're really going to like him in Lincoln." That was about it. I didn't want to pry too much and delve into football, recruiting, or the season. I just let the conversation go where he was comfortable talking and enjoyed.

• Fire 2

Surprised that a coach would stay to watch that much of a game but if that's what it takes to recruit a player.

He had just flown in from Illinois, so I was really surprised he was staying as late as he did. The worst part was that he missed Simmons' two amazing TD receptions!

Did he share anything about how recruiting was going or who the silent commit is?

Patrick O'Brien had signed that day, so he was only candid about him when mentioned. "You're really going to like him in Lincoln." That was about it. I didn't want to pry too much and delve into football, recruiting, or the season. I just let the conversation go where he was comfortable talking and enjoyed.

Good on you, I hate when fans have chance convos with the coaches and try and talk football/get a scoop.

• Fire 2