2006 season predictions

Alright fellas, spring practice has started and I want to know how everyone thinks the huskers will do this year.....I'm gonna predict an 11-1 or 10-2 season...bold i know but i can just feel it this year......Big 12 north title definetly and a shot at the Big 12 Championship.......as for a BCS game, i would love to see it but with the BCS the way it is i guess we'll have to depend on teams ranked higher to get beat and drop out for us to have a legitimate shot at one. :restore2

I'd be happy with a 9-3 record as well, but an 8-4 record would leave me wondering what happened.....i mean granted we play a tougher schedule this year arent we all expecting a better season than last? I believe that if we beat USC in their own house that it'd set the stage for the team to blast through the rest of the schedule with the occasional speed bump of Texas or even Oklahoma in the Big 12 Championship.....

And I dont care what the experts say....Neither USC nor Texas will be as good as they were last year....USC lost their entire backfield and i'm not so sure that john david whats his nuts can revive it all by himself.....and as for Texas.... ask yourself how many starters on either side of the ball you knew besides vince young and how many are coming back for this upcoming season.... this past years texas team was the least known to fans besides the almighty vince young....they will not be that good this year.

Go Huskers!!!!!

Too early to make too big of a prediction, but you can chalk up 2 losses to USC and UT. Probably a couple of un-inspiring early wins like last year (Maine, Pitt, Wake). Tough time winning road games. More of the same on offense (300 ypg, 24 ppg??), I dont think that special teams will improve, probably worsen some, and the D will have to hold on to keep NU afloat.

NU is in a dogfight with ISU, and since NU has to play in Ames, that game is a at the very least a tossup. NU probably wins the North by default, as K St and CU with new coaches, and KU losing alot of players are mediocre. Mizzou might be a suprise team, as losing Smith may benefit the program.

I wouldnt bet on having 5(??) bowl teams from the North this year.

NU likely will have a similar team to the last 2.

I think that win against Michigan did some great things to

this program. The kids now know they can play. i hate to make a

prediction on NU because I want to win them all but we should be

in KC playing for the Big 12 title (which I have tickets for) and a

cotton bowl bid or BCS game