No charges after assault allegation tied to Huskers' home

Husker Psycho, would it have sounded better if the prosecutor said "we did not find enough evidence to substansiate a case" ?

It probably should have been stated that way, but it wasn't. If the DA doesn't feel confident, I know I wouldn't want to miss work to sit in on that jury.

Yes

But he didn't say that. The term he used was not in his authority... and if the prosecutor does not know what his own authority is then that is very troubling.

IDK, but I think you're making a mountain of a tweet by a sportswriter that was summarizing. One would think the prosecutor would know if he has enough evidence to build a case. I'd rather we not waste resources and throw every single case in front of a jury.

If the sportswriter was summarizing and the prosecutor did not actually say that then OK.

But that's the way it's being "reported"... for whatever something being reported by a reporter is worth... LOL

No, that is actually what he said.

I know I wouldn't want to be raped in Lincoln. Only 15% of reported rapes actually end up with charges filed and someone convicted. 15! You take into account how many go uncharged, and I could see how a rape victim in Lincoln would feel hopeless.

Once again I'm not taking sides... I have no idea what happened... but with that said...

Many people here should not... under any circumstances... read what the Lincoln paper had to say today about this incident.

You might not like what you read.

That would be what the Lincoln paper said... not me.

I've been a Nebraska football fan for a long time... I support the team... but this makes my head hurt.

Husker Psycho, would it have sounded better if the prosecutor said "we did not find enough evidence to substansiate a case" ?

It probably should have been stated that way, but it wasn't. If the DA doesn't feel confident, I know I wouldn't want to miss work to sit in on that jury.

Yes

But he didn't say that. The term he used was not in his authority... and if the prosecutor does not know what his own authority is then that is very troubling.

IDK, but I think you're making a mountain of a tweet by a sportswriter that was summarizing. One would think the prosecutor would know if he has enough evidence to build a case. I'd rather we not waste resources and throw every single case in front of a jury.

If the sportswriter was summarizing and the prosecutor did not actually say that then OK.

But that's the way it's being "reported"... for whatever something being reported by a reporter is worth... LOL

Honestly I'm not sure what the big deal is. Part of the prosecutors job is to determine if there is enough evidence to win the case. They aren't usurping anything from a jury by doing this. The jury's job is to determine guilt/innocence, and the prosecutor's job, at least in part, is view all the available facts and decide if he/she can win the case.

Yes

You're arguing semantics.

Yes

I know I wouldn't want to be raped in Lincoln. Only 15% of reported rapes actually end up with charges filed and someone convicted. 15! You take into account how many go uncharged, and I could see how a rape victim in Lincoln would feel hopeless.

Once again I'm not taking sides... I have no idea what happened... but with that said...

Many people here should not... under any circumstances... read what the Lincoln paper had to say today about this incident.

I've been a Nebraska football fan for a long time... I support the team... but this makes my head hurt.

The article only shines light on how the process works in general, which I agree doesn't make me thrilled. But what happened in this case isn't special or any more troubling than an accusation made about a "normal" person.

Yes

The article only shines light on how the process works in general, which I agree doesn't make me thrilled. But what happened in this case isn't special or any more troubling than an accusation made about a "normal" person.

Quote: "I believe the victim" (Lincoln police chief Jim Peschong)

Quote: "Yes, that is correct." (Lincoln Police chief Jim Peschong when asked if there was

an indication that something questionable had happened)

Looks like a cover up is fully under way.

Yes

Quote: "Yes, that is correct." (Lincoln Police chief Jim Peschong when asked if there was

:facepalm:

Yes

It only looks like a cover up if you're an idiot.

Yes

An objective look at this by any intelligent person would ring alarm bells.

We have a prosecutor who has anointed himself judge and jury and swept the incident under the rug (cover up) and we have a police chief who is an intelligent person and who's statements would prove the prosecutors decision to be false.

The police chief's statements prove that an intelligent person looking at this would and could side with the victim. You know, like someone sitting on a jury. That's what the cover up is about and what they appear to be attempting to stop from happening.

Yes

An objective look at this by any intelligent person would ring alarm bells.

We have a prosecutor who has anointed himself judge and jury and swept the incident under the rug (cover up) and we have a police chief who is an intelligent person and who's statements would prove the prosecutors decision to be false.

The police chief's statements prove that an intelligent person looking at this would and could side with the victim. You know, like someone sitting on a jury. That's what the cover up is about and what they appear to be attempting to stop from happening.

So now you know exactly what happened. You should use this talent.