**POLL** Do you consiser this game a rivalry?

Is Nebraska-Iowa a true rivalry game?  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't remember what thread I read it in, but someone said that Iowa fans aren't that common in Nebraska outside of Omaha. I would call b@llshit on that.

I grew up in Rapid City and have lived in Vermillion, SD, Beresford, SD, Sioux Falls, SD, Omaha, and Ankeny, IA.

All of those places had visible and proud populations of Hawkeye fans AND Nebraska fans. Central Iowa has a huge population of Husker fans as well. Especially West Des Moines. It's something our fanbases have in common. You ALWAYS see them. Car decals, flags and marker stones on houses, clothes, etc.

If the Squawkeyes are in Rapid City, they are in Western and Central Nebraska. Tell me if I'm wrong.

I don't remember what thread I read it in, but someone said that Iowa fans aren't that common in Nebraska outside of Omaha. I would call b@llshit on that.

I grew up in Rapid City and have lived in Vermillion, SD, Beresford, SD, Sioux Falls, SD, Omaha, and Ankeny, IA.

All of those places had visible and proud populations of Hawkeye fans AND Nebraska fans. Central Iowa has a huge population of Husker fans as well. Especially West Des Moines. It's something our fanbases have in common. You ALWAYS see them. Car decals, flags and marker stones on houses, clothes, etc.

If the Squawkeyes are in Rapid City, they are in Western and Central Nebraska. Tell me if I'm wrong.

I'm really confused by your post. None of those places are in Nebraska, except Omaha, which was stated to have Hawkeyes fans. So how does any of what you posted provide evidence that Iowa fans are common in parts of Nebraska outside of Omaha? There is no big team in SD so people are going to pick between Nebraska, Iowa, Colorado and Minnesota. It makes sense that you're more likely to find an Iowa fan in SD than in Nebraska.

Nebraska fans aren't even that common in western Nebraska, because hardly anyone lives there ;)

I'm really confused by your post. None of those places are in Nebraska, except Omaha, which was stated to have Hawkeyes fans. So how does any of what you posted provide evidence that Iowa fans are common in parts of Nebraska outside of Omaha? There is no big team in SD so people are going to pick between Nebraska, Iowa, Colorado and Minnesota. It makes sense that you're more likely to find an Iowa fan in SD than in Nebraska.

Nebraska fans aren't even that common in western Nebraska, because hardly anyone lives there ;)

I never said that I had direct evidence that any sizeable population of Hawkeyes live in Nebraska outside of Omaha.

I am making an assumption (could be a false one) based on my 39 years of experience living in those places.

My point was that both fan bases are hard to miss, and always display the colors. There's got to be pockets of Hawkeyes outside of Omaha. No?

I never said that I had direct evidence that any sizeable population of Hawkeyes live in Nebraska outside of Omaha.

I am making an assumption (could be a false one) based on my 39 years of experience living in those places.

My point was that both fan bases are hard to miss, and always display the colors. There's got to be pockets of Hawkeyes outside of Omaha. No?

The assumption is based on weird stuff, though :P. I always saw Iowa gear when I went to Adventureland as a kid, but that doesn't mean anything because we're talking about Iowa fans in Nebraska.

I think everyone who's posted about it has said, in their own experience, they haven't come across many Hawkeyes fans in their respective non-Omaha, Nebraska locations.

Colorado was definitely our Rival. But only because their fans are absolute garbage.

Colorado tried to appoint themselves as our rival in order to try to bring relevance to their program, and yes I hated their absolute garbage fans, but no, Colorado was never our real rival. Iowa's garbage fans don't get to elect them to rival either. Iowa is also very inconsistent year to year, like Colorado was. Series will become much lopsided over time to make a true rivalry. More like a yearly pain in the butt. Wisky is much more likely to become our next rival given a spirited evenly matched series over time. I'd much rather see the "Bad"gers every Friday after thanksgiving.

A rivalry requires respect, I respect Wisconsin, but I don't respect Iowa.

Colorado was definitely our Rival. But only because their fans are absolute garbage.

Colorado tried to appoint themselves as our rival in order to try to bring relevance to their program, and yes I hated their absolute garbage fans, but no, Colorado was never our real rival. Iowa's garbage fans don't get to elect them to rival either. Iowa is also very inconsistent year to year, like Colorado was. Series will become much lopsided over time to make a true rivalry. More like a yearly pain in the butt. Wisky is much more likely to become our next rival given a spirited evenly matched series over time. I'd much rather see the "Bad"gers every Friday after thanksgiving.

A rivalry requires respect, I respect Wisconsin, but I don't respect Iowa.

Problem is I don't think Wisconsin respects us. Been fairly lopsided "rivalry" so far.