***Official Iowa Game Discussion Thread***

BLAME LANGSDORF! FIRE FIRE FIRE!

CU2wS5oUcAACeQF.jpg

Two guys WIDE open running routes. Tommy goes with the lowest percentage throw of any on this play.

I cannot stress enough how terrible of a QB Tommy really is.

This.

Fine, but why put the ball in the hands of your terrible QB in a critical situation like that? RUN THE f'ing BALL!

Because at what point do you just stop throwing the ball altogether if you cannot trust your QB whatsoever? That's the only other option when you have Tommy as your QB.

The play worked. The QB didn't.

It's stupidity to expect good decision making from a QB that has already thrown multiple INTs against this defense, and equally perplexing that people are making excuses for the OC in his failing to playcall accordingly.

No one is saying Tommy is without fault. But at some point, as the Offensive Coordinator (that's what OC means, if you've forgotten), you're responsible and accountable for how the players play. You call plays based on what will be the most successful based on the personnel you have, their skillsets, and their competency. Langsdorf has only figured out one third of this equation.

But hey, keep defending Langsdorf persistent incompetence. But when this same stupidity infests next year's offense...

I hope TA is cocky enough to think he's NFL material and goes on to greener pastures. I don't think this staff has the cajones to replace him.

Oh, I have no doubt that they will replace him. I am convinced that Riley used the "just wait til POB" gets here tactic to calm the boosters and critics. They play of POB next year is going to make or break Riley.

Blame all the coaches you want to, I've said it all year, our QB has the intelligence of a sea cucumber. If he plays another game I will not watch a single f'n game.

But who starts him? Who calls the crappy pass plays? Doesn't develop the QB's on scholarship? Coaches...

Not defending TA, he is horrific today

Coaching can only do so much. Eventually a player has to figure their ass from a whole in the ground and TA still hasn't figured that out. This is his 3rd year. He should be way better than this but he's still the crappy QB he was his 1st year.