1620 Morning Show

teachercd

I can't believe he'd listen to Armstrong's press conference and then go question Armstrong's willingness to be coached.

Probably because he watched Armstrong's season?... :dunno
Or the fact Tommy walked out of practice because Langsdorf was on him about execution.
There's a lot of risk in relying on Twitter reporting.
Fair enough, I havnt seen it anywhere but twitter. If you have heard different say so.
Benning confirmed it this morning

Confirmed it or repeated it?

Bennings credibility has been nil since the false reporting on former coaches' contact.

Soo.. MR, who ignored TO's advice about running the ball and Midwest weather, is going to scrap his "formula for success" to take advice from an abysmal local HS coach/radio troll? :laughpound

Extra practices will yield dividends in the future...umm, about how many practices do you think they got between the Rutgers game and the Iowa game? Seemed effective to me. :waste

How significant would potentially going 5-8 be? Well, in this day and age not many teams get 13 chances to thrash about on national television in a puddle of their own misery. But hey, at the end of the game we get another "Riley Post-game Presser". Maybe we can get James Taylor to do a duet with MR and salve the wounded soul of HuskerNation? :thumbs

lmao

I don't know if 12 practices in December is really a huge deal come August...I have some mixed views on that. I think it is what you/they are doing from the end of the bowl game until spring that probably matters more.

12 guitar lessons wont make me Jimi Hendricks

No, but you should be able to at least play Little Wing.

I don't know if 12 practices in December is really a huge deal come August...I have some mixed views on that. I think it is what you/they are doing from the end of the bowl game until spring that probably matters more.

Maybe the first part of Nirvanas Smells Likes Teen Spirit?

On to the bowl game talk...I want them to take it and win it...I just love another chance to watch them play and I hate that the season is basically over...

Now, going 5-8 would be so freaking funny-bad

Maybe the first part of Nirvanas Smells Likes Teen Spirit?

On to the bowl game talk...I want them to take it and win it...I just love another chance to watch them play and I hate that the season is basically over...

Now, going 5-8 would be so freaking funny-bad

There are two 5-8's, players and coaches that toughen up and play sound, disciplined ball and get beat anyway. Or a 5-8 that is a that is a trainwreck loss. I would like to know which team we are. Also, it's not like we're playing Ohio state, Michigan, lsu, etc. most likely we'll be playing a team who's struggled like we have. It could be a great confidence builder

confirmed it this morningConfirmed it or repeated it?

Bennings credibility has been nil since the false reporting on former coaches' contact.

If his credibility is nil, what is yours? Until you prove that Tommy didn't walk out people are probably going to take his word over yours.

So far you have bashed all the coaches, the writer and now the radio guy. I can only assume you are a jack of all trades that could do all 3 of these jobs better than the people you continually "throw under the bus".

• Fire 2

I watched every single game and I don't remember seeing that once.

I would count kneeling on the ground and pounding his fists in the turf after a bad play as being "pissy". I have seen that a few or more times. But some people see that as fire or passion or some such other, so that is an opinion type thing.

Good lord.....really?

Besides - anybody that doesn't think they could use another 10 - 12 practices needs their head examined

It doesn't do any good to practice Seniors who won't return and it doesn't do any good for the Freshman not yet at Nebraska.

Also, a fairly successful coach by the name of Lombardi said "Practice doesn't make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect." So unless there is something new brought to these additional practices, it might just be reinforcing bad habits and lackluster effort.

Then why ever practice? Because it appears we spent a lot of this past season not "practicing perfect". Although I do know what you're saying about practicing the right thing(s), but with this stuff that appears to be a big "maybe".

Heck, I'd be estatic if they'd take 12 practices just running TA throug seven on seven drills working on going through reads.